Options

Ticket Drops

Comments

• Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,231
    euchrid said:
    These released now...

Waiting until they hit $10,000 per pair before I bite. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,181
    spankyMP said:
    MSG sec 117 $2,006 up now.
    Single is up now same price and section
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    tdawe said:
    Will there be anymore normal priced ticket drops? Sorry but no band is worth these prices. 
    Speaking as someone who just dropped a bundle on Vitalogy tickets, I’d say that I paid about face value for the tickets themselves, and all the extra money I paid was in exchange for not having to keep spending excessive amounts of my time & energy obsessively checking Ticketmaster, trying to figure out the F2F exchange, scouring this forum for intel about ticket drops, and generally worrying about how I’m going to get into the show for the next 6 weeks. And that’s definitely worth the price. 

Congrats on the tix. There’s another $2300 msg single for anyone who wants it and money is not an issue. My concern is for the desperate fan, and this is their only option. And not having that money in the future in a cold capitalist society could cause them pain.

I went to someone I consider very wise, who is not a rock fan, as an “arbiter.” Explained the entire background with TM, historically low face tickets “for the fans,” and how on this tour East appearances were extremely limited, tickets impossible and a grand on SH, then charity tix start showing up for $2k. “Even if the money is for charity, they are businessmen like everyone else. This is their legacy, not yours.”

interesting the hated Ticketmaster walks away with triple face value per ticket. Nice haul for TM. Even if they donate all proceeds to charity, the tax benefit to their pockets would still exceed face value. Congrats TM!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    tdawe said:
    Will there be anymore normal priced ticket drops? Sorry but no band is worth these prices. 
    Speaking as someone who just dropped a bundle on Vitalogy tickets, I’d say that I paid about face value for the tickets themselves, and all the extra money I paid was in exchange for not having to keep spending excessive amounts of my time & energy obsessively checking Ticketmaster, trying to figure out the F2F exchange, scouring this forum for intel about ticket drops, and generally worrying about how I’m going to get into the show for the next 6 weeks. And that’s definitely worth the price. 

Congrats on the tix. There’s another $2300 msg single for anyone who wants it and money is not an issue. My concern is for the desperate fan, and this is their only option. And not having that money in the future in a cold capitalist society could cause them pain.

I went to someone I consider very wise, who is not a rock fan, as an “arbiter.” Explained the entire background with TM, historically low face tickets “for the fans,” and how on this tour East appearances were extremely limited, tickets impossible and a grand on SH, then charity tix start showing up for $2k. “Even if the money is for charity, they are businessmen like everyone else. This is their legacy, not yours.”

interesting the hated Ticketmaster walks away with triple face value per ticket. Nice haul for TM. Even if they donate all proceeds to charity, the tax benefit to their pockets would still exceed face value. Congrats TM!
    I think their legacy is going to be just fine, dude.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    tdawe said:

We are all entitled to their opinion. 
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    tdawe said:

I mean, they could just not go to the show, right?  It's a friggen concert, not a life or death situation.  I would have absolutely no issue saying no to a $2000 ticket. Even if they were playing in my back yard.  
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,164
    Was it explained to the wise person that They obtained an unprecedented number of fan club tickets, kept face value at $107, didn’t tier price the entire arena, made tickets non-transferable to fight scalping where they could, and now are selling a limited amount of tickets for charity for a good cause?  Or does the wise person think they are selling more than a couple dozen tickets per show for charity in an attempt to get people to spend beyond their means?  I think they’ve done pretty well trying to help the common fan here, but you can’t please everyone all of the time.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    tdawe said:

We are all entitled to their opinion. 
    We sure are, and we are not likely to agree on the wisdom of what you posted.

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    tdawe said:

I’ve noticed that this: https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/284317/2-exclusive-tickets-to-intimate-pearl-jam-concert-on-march-26-at-apollo-theatre-in-nyc/p1

is one of the few threads on this forum that you haven’t dropped by to turn into a discussion of how PJ is manipulating its fans into paying unaffordable ticket prices (for reasons that I’m still struggling to understand). Unlike the MSG show, in this case winning that auction actually is the only way to buy your way into the show (as far as I can tell). I’m curious whether you have a problem with the charity auction for Apollo tickets, and if not what you see as the difference between that and the Vitalogy tickets for the regular tour stops. 
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,164
    tdawe said:

I mean, they could just not go to the show, right?  It's a friggen concert, not a life or death situation.  I would have absolutely no issue saying no to a $2000 ticket. Even if they were playing in my back yard.  
    👍
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,374
    I think we've seen the last of the ticket drops (non-charity) as the F2F is coming up.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124

• Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    I count 34 not counting the accessible seating. Was there any decent seats or all at the back? 
    Seriously? Every seat in there is decent cause it's so small. The Sec T and D aren't the back...I got sec F, center court.
    Seriously.

I am asking because I am wondering if the best seats in the house on the immediate wings are going to be VF tickets going forward or if any of these for the regular price were up there. 
    I contracted a migraine reading this post 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,374
    rollings said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    I count 34 not counting the accessible seating. Was there any decent seats or all at the back? 
    Seriously? Every seat in there is decent cause it's so small. The Sec T and D aren't the back...I got sec F, center court.
    Seriously.

I am asking because I am wondering if the best seats in the house on the immediate wings are going to be VF tickets going forward or if any of these for the regular price were up there. 
    thank you....but I got bashed for not thinking it was clear....
  • Options
    rollings said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Seriously.

I saw that . You probably contracted  a migraine yourself lol
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    rollings said:
    rollings said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Seriously.

I saw that . You probably contracted  a migraine yourself lol
    Where did you see the bashing?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    rollings said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Seriously.

I think you gave yourself a migraine. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    Migraines suck so if my response gave you a migraine I sincerely apologize.  =)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540

When confusion and frustration lead to dissension, I often look to Mrs. Trump for guidance.  What would she do?  What would she tell us?  Nine times out of ten she would share these two words:  "Be.  Best."  

You're welcome. 

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,524
    Can’t please everyone. Don’t even try to.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    About 500 tickets just dropped for night 2 in Oakland. All behind the stage
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,170

rollings said:
    About 500 tickets just dropped for night 2 in Oakland. All behind the stage
    They've been there for days.  They just aren't selling.

I guess it's a bit of west coast effect.  The cities here are all a little further apart.   You can string together a road trip of dates as easily due to driving distances.  Quite often the more remote west coast cities don't have the demand that the eastern shows do.  They usually sell out (eventually) but it makes it moderately easier to get tickets (except in seattle).

• Options
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

I’ve noticed that this: https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/284317/2-exclusive-tickets-to-intimate-pearl-jam-concert-on-march-26-at-apollo-theatre-in-nyc/p1

is one of the few threads on this forum that you haven’t dropped by to turn into a discussion of how PJ is manipulating its fans into paying unaffordable ticket prices (for reasons that I’m still struggling to understand). Unlike the MSG show, in this case winning that auction actually is the only way to buy your way into the show (as far as I can tell). I’m curious whether you have a problem with the charity auction for Apollo tickets, and if not what you see as the difference between that and the Vitalogy tickets for the regular tour stops. 

that is not a word I have used, but the market prices did not set itself. Many fans were confused at the rumor phase of two East shows. Seemed to not make sense. If they were squaring away Cali or Canada for lack of shows there, why squeeze in 2 shows if there no time for the East? Of course we can rationalize any decision that might explain the decisions made. But the fact remains NY is possibly the only market that can support a $4600 per pair Ticketmaster listing. An auction is much different than a TM listing, but those bids are not exponentially higher due to the limited East appearances and zero news on the fall?

most fans with other significant obligations are smart enough to walk away from something this enticing. Some might not be. 
  • Options
    The answer of course is to boycott New York until it rescinds its shortsighted scalper protection laws. Service the east by playing Boston, Hartford, Jersey, Philly. Include Toronto and Cleveland. Plenty of shows for New Yorkers to attend without helping scalpers make money. 

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

that is not a word I have used, but the market prices did not set itself. Many fans were confused at the rumor phase of two East shows. Seemed to not make sense. If they were squaring away Cali or Canada for lack of shows there, why squeeze in 2 shows if there no time for the East? Of course we can rationalize any decision that might explain the decisions made. But the fact remains NY is possibly the only market that can support a $4600 per pair Ticketmaster listing. An auction is much different than a TM listing, but those bids are not exponentially higher due to the limited East appearances and zero news on the fall?

most fans with other significant obligations are smart enough to walk away from something this enticing. Some might not be. 
    I don’t think they are, no. 
  • Options
    Rambis35Rambis35 Posts: 235
    JimmyV said:
    The answer of course is to boycott New York until it rescinds its shortsighted scalper protection laws. Service the east by playing Boston, Hartford, Jersey, Philly. Include Toronto and Cleveland. Plenty of shows for New Yorkers to attend without helping scalpers make money. 
    Ultimately, skipping NYC would hurt fans. And realistically, NYC won’t really be affected by one band boycotting the city. Pearl Jam made an unprecedented number of tickets available for the Ten Club. So most fans at the MSG show will have paid face-value. Fans have the option to buy or not buy tickets from the secondary market. However, if they don’t play NYC, then thousands of fans will definitely miss out. But I agree that I hope all of the cities you mentioned are included on full tours since so many fans (like me) seem to have missed out on MSG. 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    It is what it is.  One NYC show and one industry gig with no other show for hundreds of miles. It is simple math.  A ton of fans wont get it. Mostly likely me included.  If there are any drops for MSG, they will be very limited and probably crappy seats.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    I'm really curious to see what the scene is like outside MSG in the hours leading up to the show.  I assume that some people without tickets will head over for merch and hang around to see if anyone has an extra....but the normal situation with the scalpers roaming around asking who has extras and who needs would seem impossible, unless they plan on selling fake hard tickets to suckers that don't know any better.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Can we keep this chat to ticket drops? Some of us get an email everytime people get into a cat fight or discuss the merits of the NYC ticket demand.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Seriously.

I don't understand...all the ticks bought on the drop were $107...regular price. 
    I pulled up sec F which is the side as you can see...everything so far today has been S, T, D, E (and a couple F)
     Careful with those S.T.D. Tickets 
    It may lead to E.D. and then you can just forget about F.