Options

Ticket Drops

Comments

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,175
    People with experience - is there any pattern to TM ticket drops? Certain days or times? Or purely random?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    What’s hilarious is the “innovations” for this tour are probably what’s going to keep most of us out. The fan 2 fan thing you can read about on TM, it’s going to be tiny little drops like this. No new tickets. And only tickets from people who bought and can’t use and then are honest enough to re-sell them that way vs Stubhub. And no one has extras because of the one ticket allowance. Used to be if you lost the lottery, those who won would say something like “selling my extra, msg me”. And it made the fandom stronger, we’d have face to face meetups, enjoy the show together. It’s just super frustrating. 

It’d also be amazing if 10C would be communicating at all. Maybe these random drops could be for VF at the very least? (Before 900 people comment and say they didn’t get a code, I know I’m spitballing). 

What would be even more amazing is if the 10C (obviously TM won’t) were out there trying to determine who was selling tickets on resale sites and invalidate those tickets and put them up on fan 2 fan. I’ve seen a couple of bands do this, most notably Tegan & Sara on their last tour were doing this and then releasing them at the venue a few hours before the show and it would be like 20-50 tickets, which for a tiny venue is nothing to sneeze at. 
  • Options
    GetRight13GetRight13 NY Posts: 586
    The thing that puzzles me is why are they keeping these waiting rooms queue lines open and not reverting back to the sold out message from the get go. 
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    People with experience - is there any pattern to TM ticket drops? Certain days or times? Or purely random?
    Random

more closer to the show

• Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    edited January 2020
    I got a ticket drop for St. Louis even though I have a plane ticket and hotel to Baltimore... I freaked out and snagged them. I guess I will try to trade or sell to get a Baltimore.. if not.. I guess I will change my plane and I'm going to St. Louis???? I'm a mess, ya'll...
  • Options
    Melzombie said:
    I got a ticket drop for St. Louis even though I have a plane ticket and hotel to Baltimore... I freaked out and snagged them. I guess I will try to trade or sell to get a Baltimore.. if not.. I guess I will change my plane and I'm going to St. Louis???? I'm a mess, ya'll...
    Going to have to be the latter. You won't be able to trade given the changes. For everywhere but NY and Denver, it's either you go in with the person who bought the ticket or you don't go.
  • Options
    GetRight13GetRight13 NY Posts: 586
    Melzombie said:
    I almost did the same thing when I was able to grab Denver tickets on the Denver drop but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.  Just gonna keep hunting MSG till I go insane. 
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • Options
    RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    If you see a ticket drop, please mention the city and section you saw.   Row too hopefully. Thanks.
  • Options
    Melzombie said:
    Going to have to be the latter. You won't be able to trade given the changes. For everywhere but NY and Denver, it's either you go in with the person who bought the ticket or you don't go.
    gotcha. I will keep checking on the fan to fan sell... but at least I have something now. I got shut out for the lottery, verified fan, and public sale. 
  • Options
    RF123172 said:
    If you see a ticket drop, please mention the city and section you saw.   Row too hopefully. Thanks.
    I will. usually it's not till closer to the show.. I've never seen them do it the day of the ticket sell.. hmmm..
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    Okc tickets on there side stage 200s 300s 
  • Options
    gatorjamgatorjam West Palm Beach, Florida Posts: 187
    Keep trying 
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    Has anyone seen any msg or Balt ? 
  • Options
    gatorjam said:
    Keep trying 
    I’m up to 30 TM verification codes. Think I can make it to 100 before I even get a whiff of tickets?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
     TM is now throwing an extra captcha at me even after the phone number debacle and every other attempt getting an error. They are just making this as hard for a non-computer as can be. 
  • Options
    MyBitterHands76MyBitterHands76 Posts: 340
    edited January 2020
    My friend got MSG around 7pm tonight and he was shut out of everything too. Haven’t seen anyone actually post about MSG though. Seems Baltimore was kinda dropping here and there earlier.  The closer it gets to the show more will be released/dropped I’m sure
    Post edited by MyBitterHands76 on
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    gatorjam said:
    Keep trying 
    I’m up to 30 TM verification codes. Think I can make it to 100 before I even get a whiff of tickets?
    Haha - I'm 26. Good work!
  • Options
    someone on FB mentioned that they did one for both shows. 
    I only got lucky with a St. Louis drop. 
  • Options
    Did they finally close the waiting rooms? 11pm time to go home?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Not sure if this is a drop but Ottawa, Quebec, LA1, Oak1, and Oak2 tickets behind the stage are available. Oak1 was only singles. Rows of tix available for LA1 and Oak2.

OKC upper sides (311, 312, 320, 321) are available.

Clicking on all the shows out of boredom. 
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
  • Options
    Not sure if this is a drop but Ottawa and Quebec tickets behind the stage are available.

They never quite sold out yet. OKC has lots available too.
  • Options
    Not sure if this is a drop but Ottawa and Quebec tickets behind the stage are available.

Ok, we’re not at a full tour sellout. Considering all the crying I thought we were all sold out.
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    edited January 2020

Ok, we’re not at a full tour sellout. Considering all the crying I thought we were all sold out.
    I know - I saw that there were still some available, googled the drive time and decided fuck it - it's worth it & BAM - IN. :r:rock_on:
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    gobr0309gobr0309 Posts: 155
    I've always had good luck getting great tickets for a lot of bands day of the show. Got front row floor seats for the PJ Saturday LA 1 show in 2013 4 hours before showtime. I had to go to a TM box office for those but gotten many others online for multiple radiohead, tool and chili peppers shows the day of the show and they have always been lower level in the first few rows and sometimes a great floor ticket. Got 2nd row seats for Radiohead at the Shrine Auditorium in LA that fits about 6,000 and tickets to a special chili peppers Halloween show at the fonda theatre that fits 1,200 same day as well. They also released some good floor seats for that last Wrigley shows 2-3 days in advance so if you keep checking there is a good chance you can find some decent seats. Me and my brother got shut out of Nashville so hoping for a fan to fan ticket or a last minute drop
    Minneapolis 2011 - Ed Solo / Charlotte 2013 / Phoenix 2013 / San Diego 2013 / LA 1 & 2 2013 / Memphis 2014 / St. Paul 2014 / Milwaukee 2014 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2016 / Temple of the Dog LA Forum 2016 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2018 / St. Paul 1 & 2 2023
  • Options
    gobr0309 said:
    I've always had good luck getting great tickets for a lot of bands day of the show. Got front row floor seats for the PJ Saturday LA 1 show in 2013 4 hours before showtime. I had to go to a TM box office for those but gotten many others online for multiple radiohead, tool and chili peppers shows the day of the show and they have always been lower level in the first few rows and sometimes a great floor ticket. Got 2nd row seats for Radiohead at the Shrine Auditorium in LA that fits about 6,000 and tickets to a special chili peppers Halloween show at the fonda theatre that fits 1,200 same day as well. They also released some good floor seats for that last Wrigley shows 2-3 days in advance so if you keep checking there is a good chance you can find some decent seats. Me and my brother got shut out of Nashville so hoping for a fan to fan ticket or a last minute drop
    I got day of tickets for Eddie in DC back in 08. Decided what the hell and logged on TM at 8 that morning to test fate. Grabbed a single in the ADA section.

It’s possible, just going to take a lot of work / luck / patience.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    What’s hilarious is the “innovations” for this tour are probably what’s going to keep most of us out. The fan 2 fan thing you can read about on TM, it’s going to be tiny little drops like this. No new tickets. And only tickets from people who bought and can’t use and then are honest enough to re-sell them that way vs Stubhub. And no one has extras because of the one ticket allowance. Used to be if you lost the lottery, those who won would say something like “selling my extra, msg me”. And it made the fandom stronger, we’d have face to face meetups, enjoy the show together. It’s just super frustrating. 

It’d also be amazing if 10C would be communicating at all. Maybe these random drops could be for VF at the very least? (Before 900 people comment and say they didn’t get a code, I know I’m spitballing). 

What would be even more amazing is if the 10C (obviously TM won’t) were out there trying to determine who was selling tickets on resale sites and invalidate those tickets and put them up on fan 2 fan. I’ve seen a couple of bands do this, most notably Tegan & Sara on their last tour were doing this and then releasing them at the venue a few hours before the show and it would be like 20-50 tickets, which for a tiny venue is nothing to sneeze at. 

The largest factor was the decision to play the shows in the locations they decided to play. The tickets on stub hub are a tiny fraction of capacity and as far as I know, legally available for resale in NY.
  • Options
    gobr0309 said:
    Same, I’ve gotten tickets to a lot of sold out shows a few days before or the day of. Like you said you just have to keep checking. I wouldn’t be surprised if more get released eventually. 

• Options
    gobr0309gobr0309 Posts: 155
    edited January 2020
    Same, I’ve gotten tickets to a lot of sold out shows a few days before or the day of. Like you said you just have to keep checking. I wouldn’t be surprised if more get released eventually. 
    For example check out all the great tickets released for the Tool show in Memphis for next Friday that was sold out right away: https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/1B005768A9D160A0 

At least at the time of this posting there are a few dozen tickets in the first lower level section from the stage a couple rows up and some side view tickets at a discount price. Last year got a lower level unobstructed side stage 5th row Tool ticket in Birmingham for half price ($75) when they opened up the section for sale day of the show. Perfect view although miss some of the front video screens but I've seen them enough times it's not a big deal. Wish the tickets for current tour weren't $190 after TM fees though. Need to find a ticket off stubhub after the official opening band start time for below face value
    Post edited by gobr0309 on
    Minneapolis 2011 - Ed Solo / Charlotte 2013 / Phoenix 2013 / San Diego 2013 / LA 1 & 2 2013 / Memphis 2014 / St. Paul 2014 / Milwaukee 2014 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2016 / Temple of the Dog LA Forum 2016 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2018 / St. Paul 1 & 2 2023
  • Options
    gobr0309 said:
    For example check out all the great tickets released for the Tool show in Memphis for next Friday that was sold out right away: https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/1B005768A9D160A0 

At least at the time of this posting there are a few dozen tickets in the first lower level section from the stage a couple rows up and some side view tickets at a discount price. Last year got a lower level unobstructed side stage 5th row Tool ticket in Birmingham for half price ($75) when they opened up the section for sale day of the show. Perfect view although miss some of the front video screens but I've seen them enough times it's not a big deal. Wish the tickets for current tour weren't $190 after TM fees though. Need to find a ticket off stubhub after the official opening band start time for below face value
    I’m not surprised. Tool did that for the Philadelphia show back in November. The show sold out the day it went on sale. About a week or so before the day of the show they announced more tickets were getting released. I don’t think the Atlantic City show was completely sold out but I think they released better seats to that show too the day of. Like I said I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens to some of these shows. Either way I think PJ are going to do a normal tour in the fall where they play two shows in most cities (Philly, NYC, Boston, Chicago) and I think it will much easier for everyone to get tickets. 

• Options
    gobr0309 said:

I’m not surprised. Tool did that for the Philadelphia show back in November. The show sold out the day it went on sale. About a week or so before the day of the show they announced more tickets were getting released. I don’t think the Atlantic City show was completely sold out but I think they released better seats to that show too the day of. Like I said I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens to some of these shows. Either way I think PJ are going to do a normal tour in the fall where they play two shows in most cities (Philly, NYC, Boston, Chicago) and I think it will much easier for everyone to get tickets. 
    Yup. Picked up Philly Tool tix about a week before the show. Excellent seats - such a great show.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy