2020 Tour Question

2»

Comments

• aidt17aidt17 Posts: 633
    And how many people on here got shut out for all the tickets they requested and are fine with it? To call people entitled or cry babies is bullshit just because you were one of the lucky ones. If you went 0-6 in your family and got shit on during the public sale, I’m sure you wouldn’t be the beacon of joy either. 10club dues used to have benefits. They are slowly going away. It was a lottery but losing all six chances hurts bad. Luck of the draw. Of course. But we all know loved ones are going to die someday. It doesn’t make it hurt any less. And right now I feel like I’ve lost a loved one. 

Like I said. Pearl Jam and the 10club are not to blame. Ticketmaster is a shit company and fucked a lot of people over. Not just with Pearl Jam but forever. 
    I typically don't respond to directly to other posts but that last line about losing a loved one....... I just passed the 16 year anniversary of my little sisters tragic death in a car accident.  I've lost in the 10C lottery before and in my experience and I do realize everyone experiences events differently but that sentence rubbed me the wrong way.  These 2 events are in my opinion not even on the same scale of feelings and emotions.  Quite thankful my mother would never come across this, she would come undone.
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• JimmyV said:
    With respect...I think very few people who selected BA and weren't trying for MSG and Baltimore got tickets. Maybe not to six shows, but to one or two. 
    +10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
  • TN49724TN49724 Posts: 102
    What fantasy land do people live in where they think some option exists to make all of the people happy all of the time?  All I hear is "I didn't get what I want."  

Is PJ going to build some massive stadium where only they play year round, Las Vegas style, and every night after every couple songs the people in the nose bleeds get to come down and stand in the pit.  The people in the pit go to the 100 sections, 200's to the 300's, etc, every 4 or 5 songs.  

Average show time 11 hours.  Total songs played 25.  2 hour intermissions every 4 songs to shift seats.  

Totally free to enter.  Why wouldn't that work? 
  • JimmyV said:
    With respect...I think very few people who selected BA and weren't trying for MSG and Baltimore got tickets. Maybe not to six shows, but to one or two. 
    Are a lot of the people here who got shut out of nearly all the shows they entered the lottery for usually only put "GA" and not BA as well?  I am new to this lottery system (my memory of getting tix in 2013 are very hazy) and put both GA and BA and got both shows I went in for so I just assumed putting both meant better chances and I would much rather be in the venue than not get GA
  • The band may actually want to play to casual fans or fans located in that area.  Not just fan club members since 92, people that want to attend 40 shows per tour, etc.  It is a new album and they want to get it out there a bit.  
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • JimmyV said:
    Are a lot of the people here who got shut out of nearly all the shows they entered the lottery for usually only put "GA" and not BA as well?  I am new to this lottery system (my memory of getting tix in 2013 are very hazy) and put both GA and BA and got both shows I went in for so I just assumed putting both meant better chances and I would much rather be in the venue than not get GA
    It wasn't possible to put in for GA and BA for the same night through the 10C lottery
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    And right now I feel like I’ve lost a loved one. 
    Dude get a grip 
    Cut him some slack. Maybe he’s just a sociopath who doesn’t really love. 
  • JimmyV said:
    It wasn't possible to put in for GA and BA for the same night through the 10C lottery
    Ah sorry - meant GA and Reserved in general in that case, I had both options checked when it came to requesting tickets
  • You found out what most people have concluded....very few people did not get tickets if they chose BA (GA or Res).  Most of the folks who didn't get tickets asked for GA only and didn't get drawn for the lottery....or were unlucky in getting drawn in Bal, MSG and/or Den.
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited January 2020
    ecdanc said:
    Dude get a grip 
    Besides my wife and daughter. Yes I am. I would rather have my dad and sisters die in a painful way then miss out on Pearl Jam. And I didn’t mean to offend anyone. I don’t value most human life. So death isn’t a big deal to me. Some people like cheese. I hate it. Everyone is different. Everyone is affected or effected (I don’t know which one to use) by different things. 

I put in for Both La and Oak shows. Stupid me put in for pit for three of those shows but LA night 2 I put in BA. I was going to change my requests to all BA but didn’t want to mess up and lose all. Hindsight is a motherfucker. 

So this is my last post on this subject. Just going to go home and smoke some legal California goodness and find something else to care about until the sweet kiss of death takes me out of this bullshit existence. Yea I’m being over dramatic. Oh well. 
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    ecdanc said:
    Dude get a grip 
    Besides my wife and daughter. Yes I am. I would rather have my dad and sisters die in a painful way then miss out on Pearl Jam. And I didn’t mean to offend anyone. I don’t value most human life. So death isn’t a big deal to me. Some people like cheese. I hate it. Everyone is different. Everyone is affected or effected (I don’t know which one to use) by different things. 

I put in for Both La and Oak shows. Stupid me put in for pit for three of those shows but LA night 2 I put in BA. I was going to change my requests to all BA but didn’t want to mess up and lose all. Hindsight is a motherfucker. 

So this is my last post on this subject. Just going to go home and smoke some legal California goodness and find something else to care about until the sweet kiss of death takes me out of this bullshit existence. 
    Dude chill out. Don’t let these scumbags who WON TICKETS talk shit to you and get you down. There’s still time to score some tickets. I’m in the same boat as you and find it hilarious when people who have tickets talk shit. 
    I know. It just sucks. I hope fan to fan works out. I’m just not a drive 3 hours each way to sit in the balcony guy. If I would have won any tickets anywhere (with a front facing view) that wasn’t balcony I would be happier than a dog at feeding time. There is still time but after the lottery and public sale today it’s just fresh and raw. 
    I know. It just sucks. I hope fan to fan works out. I’m just not a drive 3 hours each way to sit in the balcony guy. If I would have won any tickets anywhere (with a front facing view) that wasn’t balcony I would be happier than a dog at feeding time. There is still time but after the lottery and public sale today it’s just fresh and raw. 
    Listen, my wife and I are crushed. I understand. But don’t go crazy yet. There’s still time. Start to worry when your show is 3 weeks out. Most of the people talking shit were on the verge of flipping out after confirmations were coming through. I literally watched people go from” this is fuckin bulls hit” to “got my email” to “you’re entitled stop whining” in a matter of two hours. 
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,835
    MA!!!!!! THE MEATLOAF!!!!!!!! WE WANT IT ....NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Scumbags even.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:
    Scumbags even.
    Roasted....
    How about this:  Sorry you didn't get tickets.  Hate to be the guy to derail you disgust with the process and how you have directed it at 10C and TM because of ticket allocations....but it is literally all your fault you didn't get tickets.  This is not talking sh!t...this is a clarification of the facts associated with your attempt to obtain tickets through a thoroughly well thought out process by both 10c and TM.  You wrote:
    I put in for Both La and Oak shows. Stupid me put in for pit for three of those shows but LA night 2 I put in BA. I was going to change my requests to all BA but didn’t want to mess up and lose all.
    It seems like it wasn't until your fourth request that you asked for BA in LA #2....frankly I don't know why you didn't get that one.  The rest of the requests?  Give me a break....expecting a miracle and then feeling bitter when it doesn't happen is going to nearly always have a disappointing end for you.
    Look at this as a learning experience...next time (the Fall?) they roll through, choose Best Available as your first choice...10C loves you, baby...they want you to get tickets...don't get in your own way next time and then blame the "system".
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    ecdanc said:
    Dude get a grip 

So this is my last post on this subject. Just going to go home and smoke some legal California goodness and find something else to care about until the sweet kiss of death takes me out of this bullshit existence. Yea I’m being over dramatic. Oh well. 
    Here’s hoping your wife and daughter stay on the right side of that line. 
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    TN49724 said:
    What fantasy land do people live in where they think some option exists to make all of the people happy all of the time?  All I hear is "I didn't get what I want."  

Is PJ going to build some massive stadium where only they play year round, Las Vegas style, and every night after every couple songs the people in the nose bleeds get to come down and stand in the pit.  The people in the pit go to the 100 sections, 200's to the 300's, etc, every 4 or 5 songs.  

Average show time 11 hours.  Total songs played 25.  2 hour intermissions every 4 songs to shift seats.  

Totally free to enter.  Why wouldn't that work? 
    Because people would then complain about not getting a poster. 
  • TN49724 said:
    The stadium is on wheels though, right? I don't want to drive far.
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 839
    edited January 2020
    I, legally, died last year. Perception and reality can be a bitch, but fuck,  get back to reality. 
    Don't get me wrong, I have empathy,  but sympathy, uh, no.
    Post edited by YAKIMATSU on
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • halshakarchihalshakarchi Posts: 176
    edited January 2020
    ecdanc said:
    Dude get a grip 

The fuck? Get some therapy, buddy.
    And another thread killed by the guy with no income and just happy for every day to be Alive. 
    Really not trying to kill threads, but it just keeps happening. 
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
    Ok. I said I wouldn’t comment any more but apparently I’m an idiot who can not articulate what I’m trying to say. 

Who do I have to blame for not getting tickets to the shows? Me! I picked GA and fucked up. I take all the blame. 

Do I deserve tickets more than anyone else? Not one bit. Everybody deserves a shot at seeing the greatness that is Pearl Jam. 
    That being said, how do people have some shows as their 7th or 8th choice and get them before someone with it as 1st or 2nd choice? The chances of the lottery cause that to happen? Sure, it sucks but I can see that. Shit happens. 

Does any of this matter when I comes to the hurt it causes you to feel when you crap out at every roll so far in the game. I did all my 10000 hours of reading rumor after rumor. I saved all the money to be sure to afford the journey. I skip years of vacations to destinations so I can ride along with PJ when they come to my state. Which will be like 6.5 years in between tours come April. Did I have my hopes up so far that I had to look down to see heaven and was walking on cloud nine just thinking about 4 possible shows in a week and followed by 4/20 in San Francisco with my beautiful wife? Yep. Was that stupid of me? Big time. Always expect the worse and you’ll never be disappointed. That’s how I usually roll. 

I’ll stop the pity party for a second cause like I said, no matter what, I do not deserve the tickets more than ANYONE else. 

It’s like right now in football, the Niners and Chiefs are riding high. They are in the big game. Both know only one team will win but the hope, the love of the game, all the hours preparing for this moment where you can be on top of the world. For one team, it will be the greatest moment of their life professionally, the other team, they came so far for nothing. They are lucky to be in the game but that loss is going to hurt. Hurt bad. Will they rebound and try again next time. Yes, that’s what you do for something you love and care about so much. For me it not the individuals in the band at all, it’s the joy and release and energy and love with a bunch of the same minded musically, usually cool ass people witnessing the life changing, mind altering magic that the 5-6 members all bring during the live show. That moment everyone in the arena becomes one energy, one being, for the 3+ hours of a Pearl Jam show. We will laugh, cry, dance and sing like we are young again. All in the same show. And every show is a different adventure you are taking on with friends. There is nothing like it. And when you suffer with depression like I do, you find few things that truly make you happy. Your always searching for anything to bring that joy you so badly miss in so many other things. So when you find someone or something that does bring that real feeling (love) you take it seriously and when the cards don’t fall your way it makes the hurt deep and you feel all types of emotions that everything else makes you feel and it sucks. 

Sorry. Just figured here was a good place to rant. With musically like minded members who love what I love. 

Do I deserve to go more than anyone else. NO!
    Do I feel entitled to go? NO!
    Did I fuck it up with my selections? YES!

Does that make it suck any less? Hell NO!

sorry for wasting all your time if you read it. Just needed to try and clarify what I mean. 

Nothing but well wishes and love to all
    on this board. Those who got tickets, I am jealous but extremely happy for you and those you will share the magic with. Too those in the same boat as me, people have said it and they are right, there is still
    hope. Fan to fan might make us all happy. We have to try. PJ is worth it. Hopefully I will be there with all the other lucky ones in Oakland in April. Fingers crossed. 

Peace and have a great weekend. 

Ok. I said I wouldn’t comment any more but apparently I’m an idiot who can not articulate what I’m trying to say. 

Who do I have to blame for not getting tickets to the shows? Me! I picked GA and fucked up. I take all the blame. 

Do I deserve tickets more than anyone else? Not one bit. Everybody deserves a shot at seeing the greatness that is Pearl Jam. 
    That being said, how do people have some shows as their 7th or 8th choice and get them before someone with it as 1st or 2nd choice? The chances of the lottery cause that to happen? Sure, it sucks but I can see that. Shit happens. 

Does any of this matter when I comes to the hurt it causes you to feel when you crap out at every roll so far in the game. I did all my 10000 hours of reading rumor after rumor. I saved all the money to be sure to afford the journey. I skip years of vacations to destinations so I can ride along with PJ when they come to my state. Which will be like 6.5 years in between tours come April. Did I have my hopes up so far that I had to look down to see heaven and was walking on cloud nine just thinking about 4 possible shows in a week and followed by 4/20 in San Francisco with my beautiful wife? Yep. Was that stupid of me? Big time. Always expect the worse and you’ll never be disappointed. That’s how I usually roll. 

I’ll stop the pity party for a second cause like I said, no matter what, I do not deserve the tickets more than ANYONE else. 

It’s like right now in football, the Niners and Chiefs are riding high. They are in the big game. Both know only one team will win but the hope, the love of the game, all the hours preparing for this moment where you can be on top of the world. For one team, it will be the greatest moment of their life professionally, the other team, they came so far for nothing. They are lucky to be in the game but that loss is going to hurt. Hurt bad. Will they rebound and try again next time. Yes, that’s what you do for something you love and care about so much. For me it not the individuals in the band at all, it’s the joy and release and energy and love with a bunch of the same minded musically, usually cool ass people witnessing the life changing, mind altering magic that the 5-6 members all bring during the live show. That moment everyone in the arena becomes one energy, one being, for the 3+ hours of a Pearl Jam show. We will laugh, cry, dance and sing like we are young again. All in the same show. And every show is a different adventure you are taking on with friends. There is nothing like it. And when you suffer with depression like I do, you find few things that truly make you happy. Your always searching for anything to bring that joy you so badly miss in so many other things. So when you find someone or something that does bring that real feeling (love) you take it seriously and when the cards don’t fall your way it makes the hurt deep and you feel all types of emotions that everything else makes you feel and it sucks. 

Sorry. Just figured here was a good place to rant. With musically like minded members who love what I love. 

sorry for wasting all your time if you read it. Just needed to try and clarify what I mean. 

on this board. Those who got tickets, I am jealous but extremely happy for you and those you will share the magic with. Too those in the same boat as me, people have said it and they are right, there is still
    hope. Fan to fan might make us all happy. We have to try. PJ is worth it. Hopefully I will be there with all the other lucky ones in Oakland in April. Fingers crossed. 

Check your page. 
    YAKIMATSU said:

Check your page. 

Awesome 
    The kindness of members here is awesome. 
  • deweildeweil Posts: 245
    My two cents:

I put in BA for MSG and Baltimore - I got MSG
    I chose to do only GA for Oak1/2, because I live in NYC and didn't want to fly out with 'crappy' seats that 10C got me. 
    At first I regretted it, especially when I saw the demand, but then I got off the waitlist for TM fan certified and snagged some for both shows. Perhaps not as good as the ones 10C would have given, perhaps not. 

The moral - no one owes you tickets, not GA, not anything. That's why it's a lottery. They do, however, try to make it fair, by making it so you can only win one city when there are multiple shows in one city (philly/nyc last tour, for ex). I had to scramble to get tickets to the ones I didn't get, but it worked out, which is the other moral of the story. It works out. I've never been left sitting outside a venue without a way in. I've never resorted to scalpers. Most of the time, I've met good folks on here to buy/trade with. I even bought an extra Oak to sell/trade to someone in need.

Would it be nice if every fan club member was guaranteed one show? Yes, of course. That would be amazing and, I think, doable. But it'd be hard and maybe not worth it to them. Should seniority count when getting tickets? No, I think that's unfair. Every member should have equal chance of scoring tickets, since why would anyone join if they had no chance of getting tickets b/c they're new?