2020 Tour Question

I promise to keep the bitching to a minimum. 

Why couldn’t Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster fill all fan club orders for shows and then sell the remaining tickets through verified fan and/or public sale. I see zero downside to this. Most of not If not all 10clubbers would be happy. The shows would be stacked with the die hards so the energy levels would be up. Most of us are suckers for merch, mostly show specific merch. Seats would be filled. Is there a rule against this. I just don’t understand. Yes I lost all six chances for the fan club tickets me and my wife put in for. And the public sale was garbage this morning. Call me whatever you want but I will not sit in the balcony behind the stage for any band. Even if the Beatles were resurrected from the dead I’m not sitting in nosebleeds in the back. Sorry. That sounds horrible. And the one chance I get a song played to me and it’s Last KISS. No thanks. But some clarification would be nice. Congrats to the lucky ones who scored tickets. Still going to try Fan to Fan. But Pearl Jam depression is real and not fun. 
Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.

Comments

• RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    TL;DR bitching
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    Simple....the fan club only had a certain amount of tickets to give to members.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • I’d wager there are more fans than seats/standing room at each venue. Nevermind people who want to go to multiple venues during a tour.

There’s no easy way to make everyone happy.
  • Ticketmaster has some control over this and won't just give the 10C as many tickets as they want.  They had to negotiate a limit and it seems like they get more and more each tour.    
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    They don't control the venues. Ticketmaster does. I think 10c did a helluva job negotiating multiple opportunities for us to get tickets. Not sure what clarification you are looking for. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    This is just not how it works when there are multiple large corporations involved. 

My god. This band doubles the tickets they get for the fan club and there's MORE bitching than ever.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Entitlement is one hell of a drug
  • Aside from Denver, Baltimore and MSG, the fans had a 100% chance of getting into the building.   Most of them had around a 30% chance to get into the pit.  The odds of a glitch that was not based on user error is terrifically small...I have a hard time condemning 10C (or TM for that matter) for the way this was handled.  It has been asked before of folks who have posted a similar rant on other threads:
    What were you requesting?  You indicated that you had 6 requests made between you and your wife....were they all general admission only requests?  What venues were you requesting?

So far the vast majority of the people who have been taking the position similar to yours were requesting GA only and/or looking to get into any of the aforementioned arenas.  
  • kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,933
    Not all Pearl Jam fans are Ten Club members. Someone can be just as passionate of a fan and not be a member.
  • pc2421pc2421 Posts: 2
    Denied 10c member
    Denied verified fan
    Denied GA

pc2421 said:
    Denied 10c member
    Denied verified fan
    Denied GA

Two of these were the same denial.

They gave us a best available option and people still went down swinging for GA. I don't get it.

• Because it’s not cool to gatekeep people out of concerts just because they’re not as nuts as we are
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,175
    JimmyV said:
    pc2421 said:
    Denied 10c member
    Denied verified fan
    Denied GA

He probably means "public on sale" not GA
  • kasedoug said:
    Not all Pearl Jam fans are Ten Club members. Someone can be just as passionate of a fan and not be a member.
    Can they not join? 20 bucks isn't an insurmountable obstacle.
  • kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,933
    kasedoug said:
    Not an insurmountable obstacle, but also not a stringent requirement of being able to call yourself a fan and listen to the music, attend shows, etc. 
  • kasedoug said:
    kasedoug said:
    Not an insurmountable obstacle, but also not a stringent requirement of being able to call yourself a fan and listen to the music, attend shows, etc. 
    Yeah, nevermind, sorry. I thought you were saying something different.
  • Jed said:
    JimmyV said:
    pc2421 said:
    Denied 10c member
    Denied verified fan
    Denied GA

I guess my biggest problem with the griping has to do with the people who say "I am pissed I didn't get in" when they really mean "I am pissed that I couldn't get a General Admission/Pit ticket".  I may be reading something into the OP's post that isn't there, but the lack of interest in crummy seats makes me wonder where the line defining a crummy seat is.  I think pc2421 (not the OP) was just sarcastically stating what the predominate response has been to the "what was your request" question.
    Still waiting to see what the OP and his wife requested....

• pearljammr78 said:Yes I lost all six chances for the fan club tickets me and my wife put in for. And the public sale was garbage this morning. Call me whatever you want but I will not sit in the balcony behind the stage for any band.
    So just to clarify:

-  You lost all chances, however even if you won some of those chances but the seats were not amazing, you would rather have not gone anyways?
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Ok. Let me clarify what I mean. The tickets are all the same price through the venue. Tickets can’t be resold on the secondary markets. What does Ticketmaster have to gain by not allowing all tickets to go to fan club first and the rest sold other ways. I’m just not understanding what anyone has to gain from this. Pearl Jam is not to blame here. I’m an entitled to the degree I will only go if I get seats that make it worth it for me to drive and spend the extra money on the show. I’m not a be in the building guy. I also don’t need front row seats. But balcony behind the stage. That’s garbage and I choose not to spend my money on it. I just don’t see what anyone had to lose by filling 10club requests first and verified and public after that. It is what it is. As of right now I won’t be seeing Pearl Jam in 2020. Or any other shows because I don’t settle for second best. Pearl Jam is the best to me. I’ll keep trying and if I don’t then I don’t. Doesn’t make the hurt any less but what can you do. 
    We are not Ticketmaster's only customers, and we are not Pearl Jam's only fans. 

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,951
    JimmyV said:
    We are not Ticketmaster's only customers, and we are not Pearl Jam's only fans. 
    Wait... what!??!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Jed said:
    JimmyV said:
    pc2421 said:
    Denied 10c member
    Denied verified fan
    Denied GA

Well, maybe, but those are two different things. 

• pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    And how many people on here got shut out for all the tickets they requested and are fine with it? To call people entitled or cry babies is bullshit just because you were one of the lucky ones. If you went 0-6 in your family and got shit on during the public sale, I’m sure you wouldn’t be the beacon of joy either. 10club dues used to have benefits. They are slowly going away. It was a lottery but losing all six chances hurts bad. Luck of the draw. Of course. But we all know loved ones are going to die someday. It doesn’t make it hurt any less. And right now I feel like I’ve lost a loved one. 

Like I said. Pearl Jam and the 10club are not to blame. Ticketmaster is a shit company and fucked a lot of people over. Not just with Pearl Jam but forever. 
  • I understand not wanting to sit behind the stage...I would be less than interested if I had those tickets.  Sound is messed up...the "unique" view would lose its' "uniqueness" after a song or two.
    My question is-what venue were you attempting to get into and did you go the GA only route?  Outside of Den, Bal, and MSG, you had a 100% chance of getting a ticket and the seats all appeared to be floor or lower section (not behind stage).
  • Ok. Let me clarify what I mean. The tickets are all the same price through the venue. Tickets can’t be resold on the secondary markets. What does Ticketmaster have to gain by not allowing all tickets to go to fan club first and the rest sold other ways. I’m just not understanding what anyone has to gain from this. Pearl Jam is not to blame here. I’m an entitled to the degree I will only go if I get seats that make it worth it for me to drive and spend the extra money on the show. I’m not a be in the building guy. I also don’t need front row seats. But balcony behind the stage. That’s garbage and I choose not to spend my money on it. I just don’t see what anyone had to lose by filling 10club requests first and verified and public after that. It is what it is. As of right now I won’t be seeing Pearl Jam in 2020. Or any other shows because I don’t settle for second best. Pearl Jam is the best to me. I’ll keep trying and if I don’t then I don’t. Doesn’t make the hurt any less but what can you do. 
    I get any frustration of not getting tickets - Ticketmaster quite frankly is always a headache to deal with even if you end up getting tickets.  But I am sure that Ticketmaster does not want all of their tickets to go for 10C members because 10C members are not all of the people who make up the people who really want to see Pearl Jam.  

Most fan clubs that do ticket advantage things just give you an exclusive presale code to use and that is it, so this lottery system where you don't have to rush at 10am, enter the code and hope you get tickets before all the other fans do - is already in my opinion a much fairer system than most. 

Although that means that there may be people who get shut out, which sucks however if you keep trying I am sure you may find yourself with seats where the band are not ants on stage - be it the fan-to-fan exchange or Stubhub a bit later on. 
    With respect...I think very few people who selected BA and weren't trying for MSG and Baltimore got tickets. Maybe not to six shows, but to one or two. 

• MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    And right now I feel like I’ve lost a loved one. 
    Dude get a grip 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • I know it sucks missing out. I've had it happen with various bands. It's a lottery after all. Not everyone wins. It's been awhile since a proper NA tour, demand is high so this was bound to happen.
  • And right now I feel like I’ve lost a loved one. 
    Dude get a grip 
    Take it easy...he's gutted