there are 2,000 people in front of you.......

2»

Comments

• Does it ever move past the 2000+ in front of you?  It's not even moving?
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    .....i miss the good old days when waiting out in line the night before tickets went on sale. Who knew that would seem so organized......ughhh
    I used to have to work these at Streetside Records in STL.  As much of a pain in the ass as it was it was always kind of fun.  Fans hyped about a band/show.  Obviously I love just sitting at home and entering the 10c lottery with almost zero stress (other than waiting to see if we win) but fans gathering all night before a big ticket sale was kind of cool.
    Yeah, its kinda cool to see that....but we get that now with GA lines and Merch lines too :)

I would prefer NOT to camp out for tickets in january.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 839
    andrew68 said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    AEllboPJ said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    deadendp said:
    Remember bread lines?
    Or TM lines where you stood in the parking lot waiting for the mall to open? No real choice on seats. You happily took whatever popped out of the terminal. 
    After arriving at 9pm the night before and spending the night freezing in your car.  Yeah, this method so sucks now. I  wish my life was so easy as to make this ticket situation seem so dreadful. 
    people who have a harder ilfe put more stock in things like this to make them happy, to escape their mental illness, their jobs, their bills, their shitty relationships etc.....it's not the other way around 
    Then travel to a different place. Living in Albuquerque has not been a hotbed for PJ shows. Nearest shows 6+ hours. If you cared as much as you claimed you could get off your ass and go to a new place. Enjoy trying different foods and local brews, explore and take in new cultures. I agree about needed to escape, but you have to be in control of how hard you really try to escape.
    Had a blood clot on my brain last year. You think you need this more or less than me.
    Glad you’ve recovered well....think the ‘People with harder lives’ may not have the financial means or even physical ability to travel to see a  band .. was kind of the OPs  point?  I’m sure you met some people less fortunate than you during your recover who now have harder lives ....hail hail to the lucky ones 
    Yes.  I feel very lucky.  Not rich financially at all, medical bills are not cool.  Sometimes things just don't work out the way you expect/hope, it's how you react to said things that define your character and growth in life.  It took me a long time to realize the world doesn't owe me shit.  I understand the op, in different situations in life I have been the op.
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • RobZRobZ Posts: 181
    You ain't seen nothing yet....just wait until they release the seating assignments.
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Vedd Hedd said:
    .....i miss the good old days when waiting out in line the night before tickets went on sale. Who knew that would seem so organized......ughhh
    I used to have to work these at Streetside Records in STL.  As much of a pain in the ass as it was it was always kind of fun.  Fans hyped about a band/show.  Obviously I love just sitting at home and entering the 10c lottery with almost zero stress (other than waiting to see if we win) but fans gathering all night before a big ticket sale was kind of cool.
    Yeah, its kinda cool to see that....but we get that now with GA lines and Merch lines too :)

Oh no doubt.  There is plenty of opportunities to get in a line and mingle with other fans and I hated the stress of trying to get tickets for shows back then.  It was just sometimes kind of fun seeing so many passionate fans gather at a record store for a chance at tickets.  Again, of course so much easier and better now.
  • RobZ said:
    You ain't seen nothing yet....just wait until they release the seating assignments.
    It’s going to be very fun watching the lucky few with MSG tickets complaining. Seriously if any of you complain 10c should give that ticket to another fan who put in for tix. 
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    AEllboPJ said:
    2,000 people in front of you .....to share in the 1500 dregs of tickets left for you poor bastards....behind the stage ain't so bad....nosebleeds? come on dude, youre in the building 

AND ONLY ONE WAITING ROOM AT A TIME.....pointless...useless

sorry...but this is a damn joke....this entire concert drop has been an embarrassment for PJ....but we are all so damn desperate for a drop of anything from the PJ teat...they starve us with

lack of touring/music for years...then drop this bullshit last minute system on us....NOBODY from 10C has made a statement about this....and to bet into bed with ticketmaster.....what's

next?  10C poster drops ran by Ebay?  Vault releases on Amazon?

lotto winners get codes for verified while others get waitlisted.....LIFE AIN'T FAIR

It hasn’t been an embarrassment. It’s been an unmitigated success. Scalping shut down for all but 2 shows. Sellouts for all shows, at face.  What more do you want?  I know the answer... tickets for yourself. But when demand exceeds supply, some folks miss out. I’m sad for those that do. But a little bit less sad for those who can’t find any other way to deal with it than to complain on this forum.  

Try Fan to Fan. I hope you get what you want. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    2000+ you mean. So it could be 10000
    I miss igotid88
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    Lostpawn said:
    AEllboPJ said:
    2,000 people in front of you .....to share in the 1500 dregs of tickets left for you poor bastards....behind the stage ain't so bad....nosebleeds? come on dude, youre in the building 

AND ONLY ONE WAITING ROOM AT A TIME.....pointless...useless

sorry...but this is a damn joke....this entire concert drop has been an embarrassment for PJ....but we are all so damn desperate for a drop of anything from the PJ teat...they starve us with

lack of touring/music for years...then drop this bullshit last minute system on us....NOBODY from 10C has made a statement about this....and to bet into bed with ticketmaster.....what's

next?  10C poster drops ran by Ebay?  Vault releases on Amazon?

lotto winners get codes for verified while others get waitlisted.....LIFE AIN'T FAIR

It hasn’t been an embarrassment. It’s been an unmitigated success. Scalping shut down for all but 2 shows. Sellouts for all shows, at face.  What more do you want?  I know the answer... tickets for yourself. But when demand exceeds supply, some folks miss out. I’m sad for those that do. But a little bit less sad for those who can’t find any other way to deal with it than to complain on this forum.  

Try Fan to Fan. I hope you get what you want. 

Seriously. There's been some mix ups with the e-mails, but I think most of the issues people have *ed about have been user errors. There are a couple things I might change, but they're minor, and overall, I think things went well.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,003
    deadendp said:
    Remember bread lines?
    Or TM lines where you stood in the parking lot waiting for the mall to open? No real choice on seats. You happily took whatever popped out of the terminal. 
    I remember spending the night in the arena parking lot for Bowie tickets in the 80's only to find out that it was a lottery system. We got crappy seats, but at least had fun partying in the line. I don't know if it wasn't announced right away or if we were just stupid kids. Point is, tickets for big bands have always been tough. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you crap out. Of course, this won't stop another person from posting yet another thread about how life is so unfair.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Has anybody gotten tickets to any show in the public on-sale today?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Bottom line is the demand is higher than the supply.  It seems 10c got more tickets in fan club members than ever before.  I feel bad for those that were shut out but it happens every tour.  And the people thinking they "deserve" GA just because they have been a huge fan longer than others...well I dont even know what to say.  Tons of us want GA that have never had it.  
  • I get tired of the entitled I have it so hard whining.  I really do.  The band owes us nothing (except two singles I hear lol).  I missed Bruce a couple times because I couldn't get tickets back in the River days in 80 I think.  NIN a year or two ago when they played the whole EP in PHX and I had a work trip.  And others as well.  Life goes on and I don't even think of those misses.  It is not like it is the end of days.  I just don't get the high level of butthurt over PJ tickets.  They aren't in their prime so there is no going back to the 'old' days.  We had it good then.  I love seeing them and I 'collect' songs kind of (first PJ live song was Wash in Oct 91....lucky me!).  But I enjoy going to live shows of many bands so if I miss one there is always another.  
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    Has anybody gotten tickets to any show in the public on-sale today?
    Yes. Not me, but other 10C members did. I'm guessing a lot of people in the general public did, too.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Third time was a charm for me and I got tickets for LA.... that said I'm unlikely to go.  Looks like today on sale were all behind the stage with a few in the upper back as well.   I felt an obligation to buy them and push them to another fan.   

• madkins7 said:
    Third time was a charm for me and I got tickets for LA.... that said I'm unlikely to go.  Looks like today on sale were all behind the stage with a few in the upper back as well.   I felt an obligation to buy them and push them to another fan.   

So, you got them so another fan waiting in line behind you...couldn't? You actually made it more difficult for them, you know?
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,706
    Habit4me said:
    So like does anyone get lucky when they are taken to the waiting room to see "5 people ahead of you". Seems like no matter what, ITS ALWAYS 2000+ in front of me!
    For other shows I have. Yesterday for the VF sale, my sister and I did it together. We both had codes for Baltimore. I was on my laptop, she was on her phone. I got in at 2000+, and she got in at 639 (or something). She got us tickets before I even moved out of the 2000+ status. She also wasn't using the wifi because I was afraid that if we were both on the same wifi it would flag it somehow (even though we were on different TM accounts - I was being overly cautious). I wonder if using the phone without wifi made any difference in terms of where they put us in the queue. I'm probably over analyzing. At least we got our 300 level Baltimore seats.

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Remember bread lines?
    I would rather starve than eat your bread
  • BS44325 said:
    Remember bread lines?
    I would rather starve than eat your bread
    It's always yeasty. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

(True story, not joking)
  • mace1229 said:
    I actually remember tickets being very easy to get until about 10 years ago. Through the 2000s, living in LA and San Diego, there wasn't that big of demand. I would talk friends into going to the show with me just days before the concert sometimes and there'd be tickets. ANd when they had a 1 show limit, I don't remember having to go to StubHub for the extra shows, there wasn't any problem getting them through TM.
    But they just weren't as popular then as they are now. 
    The only valid complaint is lack of communication from 10c about the lottery fiasco. I was expecting some communication, at least that they were aware of some problems/glitches and will fix them before the next drawing. That would be enough.

Bingo. I'd prefer to go back to snail mail:  the early-mid 90s to 2000... that was money.  I complain about people going to shows all across the continental US regularly on here, half-joking, of course, but for some reason it upsets people.  Oh well.  But the whole deal is that all of us (not me, unfortunately) in our 40s have too much dough to spend on tix.  

The only time I've done this was in 2006, seeing them in SD and LA.  I felt kinda dumb afterwards, cuz sure they play different songs and all, but it's still the same band and, relatively speaking, the same show.  And the touring superfans in the 10c complain cuz the setlist in back to back was kinda similar.  I ised to say we're spoiled but that's no longer the case:  in 2019 I paid $40 for a live bootleg download.  No more auto-renewal for me
  • Vedd Hedd said:

Oh no doubt.  There is plenty of opportunities to get in a line and mingle with other fans and I hated the stress of trying to get tickets for shows back then.  It was just sometimes kind of fun seeing so many passionate fans gather at a record store for a chance at tickets.  Again, of course so much easier and better now.
    Haha, ask NIN fans how that method went for their last tour. Thousands of people waiting outside since the night before only to wait literally all day in line because the venues weren’t prepared for that volume of in person sales. Not enough ticket windows open, computers and CC machines getting bogged down and unable to keep up. Saturday box office hours scheduled and them having to find people willing to stay late well into the evening because of the turnout and slow systems. I read about one box office that just started turning people away who waited in line all day because they didn’t anticipate the volume and weren’t willing to sell tix any longer.

I think that nostalgia wore off real fast. Don’t see anyone attempting that again anytime soon.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• jhager79jhager79 Posts: 246
    A 7 year old boy got shot in Hamilton last night in his own home, but life is unfair because you didn't get tickets to see Pearl Jam. 
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • jhager79 said:
    A 7 year old boy got shot in Hamilton last night in his own home, but life is unfair because you didn't get tickets to see Pearl Jam. 
    it was sarcasm