Stone says "straight ahead rock songs..." in SPIN

2»

Comments

• ten zten z Posts: 55
    I'm not sure what to expect from this album.  At first, I thought it was going to be experimental, now it's starting to sound more traditional.  I'm very interested to see how this album turns out.  
    PJ Shows I have attended:
    May 15, 2010 Hartford, CT 
    October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    We have enough straight ahead rock songs. Give me experimental cool shit please. 
    Agreed. I'm really enjoying the new single. Different is good!! I look at every album by any band as one part of an entire body of work and always having more of the same doesn't make for a very interesting collection. 
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • ten zten z Posts: 55
    Jammin909 said:
    We have enough straight ahead rock songs. Give me experimental cool shit please. 
    Agreed. I'm really enjoying the new single. Different is good!! I look at every album by any band as one part of an entire body of work and always having more of the same doesn't make for a very interesting collection. 
    I agree with This^
    PJ Shows I have attended:
    May 15, 2010 Hartford, CT 
    October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Well, it clicks in as the longest PJ record so far so I hope we get a great mix of rock, ballads and a bunch of experimental stuff. I am very excited to hear Gigaton!!
  • What in the world is a "road map to musical redemption?" That doesn't even make sense. I keep reading that phrase, thought it was Mike who said it last time I read it on the 10C entry advertisement that I have to pass though each time, but I don't even know what it means. Supposedly the map (the album) takes them to salvation of some sort?? It's just so odd to me.  The musical redemption is apparently the end point. Why do they keep calling it a redemption?
    I have to admit, when I first read this quote from Mike I took it as an admission of sorts that the material on the last couple of albums perhaps hasn't been up to the standard of what came before them, and that he's a lot happier with this new record. 

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• I think it’ll be more like the binaural to avocado run of albums. The period where they didn’t have a producer editing them and being part of the decision making. Stone said something interesting in the interview, “this is really us.”
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,533
    I think it’ll be more like the binaural to avocado run of albums. The period where they didn’t have a producer editing them and being part of the decision making. Stone said something interesting in the interview, “this is really us.”

Let’s test that Stone comment. We can hop on a time machine to 1991 and replace rock radio staple Alive with DotC since it fits perfectly with that era with its cool 80s synth vibe. then find out if in 2020 this forum still exists. Since it’s really them.
  • I think it’ll be more like the binaural to avocado run of albums. The period where they didn’t have a producer editing them and being part of the decision making. Stone said something interesting in the interview, “this is really us.”

Let’s test that Stone comment. We can hop on a time machine to 1991 and replace rock radio staple Alive with DotC since it fits perfectly with that era with its cool 80s synth vibe. then find out if in 2020 this forum still exists. Since it’s really them.
    Just because it's "really (them)" now doesn't mean it would've been 29 years ago.  Bands evolve like people change. If anyone in this forum is the same person they were in 1991 then they've failed miserably at life. 

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• imca43imca43 Posts: 54
    I wonder if there is a Chris Cornell influenced/rememberance song(s). Or inspired.
    Buffalo, New York (October 01, 1996)
    Saratoga Springs, New York (August 27, 2000)
    Philadelphia, PA (October 21, 2013)
    Philadelphia 1 (April 28, 2016)
    Philadelphia 2 (April 29, 2016)
  • Well, it clicks in as the longest PJ record so far so I hope we get a great mix of rock, ballads and a bunch of experimental stuff. I am very excited to hear Gigaton!!
    Am I missing something? Do we know the runtime of Gigaton? 
  • Well, it clicks in as the longest PJ record so far so I hope we get a great mix of rock, ballads and a bunch of experimental stuff. I am very excited to hear Gigaton!!
    We do.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Well, it clicks in as the longest PJ record so far so I hope we get a great mix of rock, ballads and a bunch of experimental stuff. I am very excited to hear Gigaton!!
    Yes 57:03
    Yes 57:03
    Ahh.  Sweet. Thanks! Missed that one.
  • If these guys, with their legacy and track record, have put the Pearl Jam name on a collection of songs, I'm all but certain I'm going to be very happy listening to it. It's been the case the first 10 times.

I took it as more of a comment on BoB. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • stone is a hippy. there i said it.