2»

Comments

• PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,150
    edited January 2020
    PSUS2H said:
    I think it'd be helpful for those with SafeTix concerns to read their FAQ: 

https://www.ticketmaster.com/safetix
    Some highlights: 

I’m worried about my battery or cell service, what do I do?

If either is an issue, this ticket has you covered. Once you view it in our App, your ticket is automatically saved so it’s always ready.

I lost my phone, what do I do?

Don’t worry, we’ve got you. Simply visit the box office at the venue upon arrival. Have your ID and order number handy and you will be issued a physical ticket.

What if I don’t have a smartphone or my phone is broken?

If you have a cracked screen, or are just not using a smart device – no problem. Simply visit the box office at the venue upon arrival. Have your ID and order number handy and you will be issued a physical ticket.

Sweet, these are good answers.  No reason to worry if we are prepared.  Don't understand how the image is saved if it changes all of the time but who cares how, this is clear and I am not concerned after reading.

Thanks
    just think of it as a Verification device, something that gives you a banking code or your google 2FA code, you dont need web connectivity for the algorithm to run in the background.  So the barcode refreshed every 30-60 seconds.   Its really something users should not be worried about using.  Its more meant to prevent people from reselling shows that TM says they cant (they cant screenshot the barcode since it changes so frequently) 

Oh the fun things you learn working in the entertainment industry. 
    Post edited by PSUS2H on
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352

Don’t worry, we’ve got you. Simply visit the box office at the venue upon arrival. Have your ID and order number handy and you will be issued a physical ticket.

To all the people who felt the need to chime in on another thread to scream that is was either "unreasonable" or "insane" to ask the Ten Club whether physical tickets would be made available for people without smartphones, this particular Q and A suggests that even Ticketmaster wouldn't find such a request unreasonable, let alone insane.  (And the Ten Club responded to the question by saying it will get its members in one way or another.)
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • guitar101guitar101 Posts: 397
    I think its important to remember that Ticketnews is an ticket broker industry source, so the safetix system isnt exactly in their readers best interest.
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • JD2381JD2381 Posts: 52
    PSUS2H said:
    I think it'd be helpful for those with SafeTix concerns to read their FAQ: 

https://www.ticketmaster.com/safetix
    Some highlights: 

I’m worried about my battery or cell service, what do I do?

If either is an issue, this ticket has you covered. Once you view it in our App, your ticket is automatically saved so it’s always ready.

What if I don’t have a smartphone or my phone is broken?

If you have a cracked screen, or are just not using a smart device – no problem. Simply visit the box office at the venue upon arrival. Have your ID and order number handy and you will be issued a physical ticket.

Sweet, these are good answers.  No reason to worry if we are prepared.  Don't understand how the image is saved if it changes all of the time but who cares how, this is clear and I am not concerned after reading.

Thanks
    Yes, good answers.  Thanks PSUS2H.

PJ:
    11/1/1992 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 10/1/1994 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 6/24/1995 San Francisco // 11/4/1995 San Jose // 10/19/1996 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 11/19/1997 Oakland (opening for Rolling Stones) // 6/30/1998 Minneapolis // 9/11/1998 New York // 10/30/1999 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 10/31/2000 Mountain View // 10/21/2001 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 6/1/2003 Mountain View // 6/6/2003 Las Vegas // 10/26/2003 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 5/12/2006 Albany, NY // 7/15/2006 San Francisco // 7/16/2006 San Francisco // 10/22/2006 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 7/12/2008 Los Angeles (VH1 Rock Honors The Who) // 8/28/2009 San Francisco (Outside Lands) // 10/1/2009 Los Angeles // 10/24/2010 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 11/26/2013 Oakland // 10/19/2014 St. Paul // 10/26/2014 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 5/12/2022 Oakland // 5/13/24 Sacramento
    EV:
    10/24/2004 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 7/11/11 Oakland // 10/23/11 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 10/21/12 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 

No problem, glad I could help! 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
    So they have to check everyone's ID before they enter the arena?
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
    edited January 2020
    ritg19 said:
    No.

The box office needs your ID if your phone breaks and you need to get your ticket from them the night of the show.  Which is typically an extremely small portion of individuals. 
  • ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
    PSUS2H said:
    ritg19 said:
    No.

The box office needs your ID if your phone breaks and you need to get your ticket from them the night of the show.  Which is typically an extremely small portion of individuals. 
    So then I can "borrow" someone else's ticketmaster account to get into the show.  Giving a friend the ability to "transfer" the ticket to me...
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
    ritg19 said:
    PSUS2H said:
    ritg19 said:
    No.

So then I can "borrow" someone else's ticketmaster account to get into the show.  Giving a friend the ability to "transfer" the ticket to me...
    If your friend want to give you the log in information for their TM then sure, you beat the system and have full access to their TM account.  But you'll still need to enter the venue together. 
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234
    We had to use this system for the Seahawk games this season.  I was, and am still totally against it.  We never had a problem with it, and they seemed to work better on my sons Iphone than my Samsung, only because I couldn't, and still can't figure out how to get them into my wallet, or whatever the samsung thing is for that.  He just carried all 6 of our tickets for each game, and scanned them in easier than with the print at home tickets.  Never a glitch at all, and always just as many, or more people than will be at these arena shows.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula, Dana Point 1 & 2
  • andrewcurrandrewcurr Posts: 7
    edited January 2020
    PSUS2H said:
    ritg19 said:
    No.

BF25394 said:

To all the people who felt the need to chime in on another thread to scream that is was either "unreasonable" or "insane" to ask the Ten Club whether physical tickets would be made available for people without smartphones, this particular Q and A suggests that even Ticketmaster wouldn't find such a request unreasonable, let alone insane.  (And the Ten Club responded to the question by saying it will get its members in one way or another.)
    I’m picturing a notorious Toronto scalper going to the box office with a fake moustache:

”It appears I’ve smashed my phone!.....”
    Post edited by andrewcurr on
    PSUS2H said:
    ritg19 said:
    No.

BF25394 said:

I’m picturing a notorious Toronto scalper going to the box office with a fake moustache:

I imagine those glasses with eyebrows and a fake nose! lol too good.
  • Has anyone tried Safetix with an international device? The Australian app store only allows me to download the app for Ticketmaster Australia. The app itself doesn't allow me to switch countries (like the Amazon app does). Has anyone seen tickets for US shows appear in their home Ticketmaster account?
    The only option I can think of is trying to download the TIcketmaster US app when I'm physically in the US, which will be on the day of the show.
    Thoughts?
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    So.. yeah.... If someone without a smartphone goes to a show with a buddy who does have one, how do you get in and out of your seats? Do you have to go together/borrow their phone?
  • ceska said:
    So.. yeah.... If someone without a smartphone goes to a show with a buddy who does have one, how do you get in and out of your seats? Do you have to go together/borrow their phone?

Yes, or you can go to the box office and ask them to print one, I am guessing based on the info listed above.  Also, it seems that when you go in at some arenas they give you some print out, which you could give to your ticket buddy.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PSUS2H said:
    ritg19 said:
    No.

BF25394 said:

There’s this one scalper here in Tororo who reminds me of the one villain in Die Hard that eats some candy in the lobby of the nakamoti plaza building
  • guitar101guitar101 Posts: 397
    PSUS2H said:
    ritg19 said:
    No.

BF25394 said:

There’s this one scalper here in Tororo who reminds me of the one villain in Die Hard that eats some candy in the lobby of the nakamoti plaza building

I know the exact guy you're talking about.  Hes been around for years.
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    edited January 2020
    Here is my view on situations like this. Already seems to be answered by some too.
    Don't worry. With thousands of people entering a venue there are always going to be some percentage of people with a dead battery, no reception, etc. It will be okay.
    At Wrigley last year I accidentally saved N1 tickets for both nights in my wallet. When I went to scan my ticket and there was an error I realized what happened. Before I could log back into my account and search for the correct ticket the usher just asked for my number. He immediately texted me the correct tickets. 
    They know people will be out all day and dead batteries and other things are going to happen. It'll be okay. You may have to go to customer service or will call, so don't show up 5 minutes before show time if you anticipate a problem though.

As far as others sneaking in. As someone said this isnt new. I just worry about my seat and my space. As long as I have the chair I'm assigned to and the space in front of it I'm okay. If there is another person where my ticket is, I ask them to move. It really isn't a big deal.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    Safetix is to prevent people from flipping tix, it's not meant to prevent the original purchaser from accessing the event.  They want you to get in, the last thing anyone wants is a bunch of passionate (angry) fans the night of the event.  The less people in queue at will call the better. 
  • guitar101 said:
    PSUS2H said:
    ritg19 said:
    No.

BF25394 said:

I know the exact guy you're talking about.  Hes been around for years.
    Here he is....Good ole' Mike Damone
    Image result for damone
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Is everyone's understanding about these events (save for NY and CO) that no matter where your tickets came from - tenclub, verified fan or general sale - ALL tickets will be SafeTix and non-transferable, except in the F to F blind face value exchange.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PB11041 said:
    Is everyone's understanding about these events (save for NY and CO) that no matter where your tickets came from - tenclub, verified fan or general sale - ALL tickets will be SafeTix and non-transferable, except in the F to F blind face value exchange.
    Yep
  • Some people were curious about how it will work at the turnstile if one person bought multiple 10C and Verified Fan/General sale tickets. Looks like the TM app has combined them all together under the same event. Each ticket has its own barcode. So, if you have 2 to 6 tickets, you just swipe left 1 to 5 times to have each of the tickets scanned.

Easy peasy, no need to fiddle with the app more than that.