Verified Fan for those who won 10C Lottery

Comments

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    RS65573 said:
    tdawe said:
    RS65573 said:
    I assume people just screenshot, forward to friends, and you get 100 per row.
    I wasn't at the 2018 stadium shows but was this the problem then? I heard about in-show screenshot fuckery and thought it was about people sneaking into GA. Disappointing if Ticketmaster's patented "SmartTix" technology can't solve this problem.
    Good point...no way I or any good person would do this, but what is to prevent some jerk screenshotting their good seat to their two buddies up in the nose bleeds, just to get them into the section?  Granted, if they tried this, and the row was completely full, the person who sent their screenshot to their two friends better have a big lap or be very small as 3 people would need to squeeze into one seat/space, which isn't going to fly with the users or their neighbors.  But yeah, I assume GA will all have wristbands.
    Yes, we ended up with 100 people in our row so tight they were behind and in front of us, in our row. About 12th row in front of Ed.
    I'd be pissed and throwing elbows to protect my seat space.  Didn't anyone ask offenders to see their ticket?
    Some tried, was complete chaos. In the end, it was near impossible to tell during a show, if a ticket is MOVING or not. Plus, you miss the show.
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,634
    tdawe said:
    Gibson said:
    I did win lottery, and will NOT be doing VF, but I do wonder about one thing:
    Pretend I did by VF tix on top of my 10C to use for my 2 buds....

10C tix: me and a friend walk in together with my phone (as one would expect)
    VF tix: One (1) of the 2 tickets are in my name. Will the usher let me a) use both 10C and VF tickets that are all on the same phone? and if so, b) will "my 10C and VF ticket" only count toward me, meaning I can't let my 2nd buddy in?
    The usher is just going to scan four barcodes and let in four heads.
    I assumed as much. 

Good luck, everyone!
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• Seattle GA night 1 was a mess. There were so many people down there that didn’t have wristbands. I have no clue how they got in. It was the most volatile pit I have been in. But night 2 was reserved and didn’t have any issues with too many on our row. 
  • Seattle GA night 1 was a mess. There were so many people down there that didn’t have wristbands. I have no clue how they got in. It was the most volatile pit I have been in. But night 2 was reserved and didn’t have any issues with too many on our row. 
    Where the hell were you at?  I was on Stones side and had a lovely time.  A cool dude shared his flask w me!
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    edited January 2020
    Seattle GA night 1 was a mess. There were so many people down there that didn’t have wristbands. I have no clue how they got in. It was the most volatile pit I have been in. But night 2 was reserved and didn’t have any issues with too many on our row. 
    I was on Mikes side both nights, two to three back from rail. Where no problems at all. Well, one drunk chick who rushed through the pack. We ended up getting her kicked out,. Security had us pick her up and put her on the other side of the rail. She freaked out at all of us as they where taking her away in cuffs. Classic
  • SJ54844SJ54844 Posts: 23
    Hmm. Has nobody on this forum been to a show with a mobile ticket and received seat location print out stub(for each in your group) upon entry?? Because that is how this is gonna work. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    SJ54844 said:
    Hmm. Has nobody on this forum been to a show with a mobile ticket and received seat location print out stub(for each in your group) upon entry?? Because that is how this is gonna work. 
    They have never given a paper ticket, which is why you have the option to buy a commemorative ticket.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    Thank you to all who will not participate in the verified fan, so that ppl like myself who lost out have a better shot.
    That being said, if anyone wants to send me their code if they aren't going to use it, it would be greatly appreciated, if you can do that and the codes aren't unique to your account. 
    I need 2 for Baltimore. :)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    a5pj said:
    Thank you to all who will not participate in the verified fan, so that ppl like myself who lost out have a better shot.
    That being said, if anyone wants to send me their code if they aren't going to use it, it would be greatly appreciated, if you can do that and the codes aren't unique to your account. 
    I need 2 for Baltimore. :)
    nvm was just reading about it, it's a unique code attached to your account.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• BP115233BP115233 San Diego Posts: 9
    I have the same question. This is why I'm not buying a VF ticket.

For example, I have a group of three for Oak 1. I have two ten club tickets. If I buy 1 VF ticket, I don't think we could walk in together. Often if you get the floor GA, it's a different entrance than reserved (I'm thinking San Diego 2013). I can't walk into two different gates at once. 
  • imca43imca43 Posts: 54
    Yeah was denied via the lottery and via verified fan. So its really super awesome seeing people get lottery tix and verified fan for the same show. 🤔🤬
    Buffalo, New York (October 01, 1996)
    Saratoga Springs, New York (August 27, 2000)
    Philadelphia, PA (October 21, 2013)
    Philadelphia 1 (April 28, 2016)
    Philadelphia 2 (April 29, 2016)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    SJ54844 said:
    This is not at all how it worked in 2018. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • gatorjamgatorjam Posts: 187
    I believe the verified presale tickets are transferrable, the ten club ones aren't.  No where does it say the verified presale tickets are non transferrable.  I bought tickets to Hamilton the musical, not the PJ show, using that system and transferred the tickets to my friend with the app.
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    gatorjam said:
    I believe the verified presale tickets are transferrable, the ten club ones aren't.  No where does it say the verified presale tickets are non transferrable.  I bought tickets to Hamilton the musical, not the PJ show, using that system and transferred the tickets to my friend with the app.
    It literally says they are not transferrable on the public sale info page: https://pearljam.com/news/public-ticket-sale-info
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    Is this statement correct...thanks
    So I cant pick who gets the tickets in the fan to fan stage nor can I make a trade between myself and another verified fan.  The tickets will go into a pot and if someone takes them I get reimbursed.
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • I have 2 ten club tickets.  Then with my same account I bought 2 more Verified fan tickets (for my kids).  We are all going in together, But hubby and I will have to sit separate each with a kid.  I bought all tickets through my account.  Usually it's scanned from your phone when you walk in and then a paper ticket is printed for inside the venue to make your way to seats?  I assume that is how it will go?
  • TEEJAM11TEEJAM11 Posts: 335
    e360727 said:
    When Verified Fan (VF) was used in 2018, those that had previously won tickets in the Lottery could subsequently purchase VF tickets for the SAME SHOW and then sell those tickets to friends (presumably at face value) who either forgot to sign up, or simply didn't get tickets during the VF sale.  I don't believe that can happen this time around due to the non-transferability of tickets.  Thus, I see no reason for those of us who just won the Lottery, but also signed up for VF, to participate on Thursday for shows for which were already won.  Yes, MAYBE the tickets gained through VF would be better than the ones won through the Lottery for newer 10C members, but my hope would be that Lottery winners, like me, would stay out of VF and give fellow 10C members that did not win Lottery tickets the best possible chance of securing tickets.  Am I missing something here?  

If I understand this correctly and from my experience if you won 10 C tickets, this means you do not get a VF code for the shows you won, only the ones you lost. Which is what happened for me.

• PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    I picked up a pair on the VF presale and will login to my TM account on their phone so they can arrive whenever they feel like it. No need to walk in together.

Am I missing something here?
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 563
    edited January 2020
    TEEJAM11 said:
    e360727 said:
    When Verified Fan (VF) was used in 2018, those that had previously won tickets in the Lottery could subsequently purchase VF tickets for the SAME SHOW and then sell those tickets to friends (presumably at face value) who either forgot to sign up, or simply didn't get tickets during the VF sale.  I don't believe that can happen this time around due to the non-transferability of tickets.  Thus, I see no reason for those of us who just won the Lottery, but also signed up for VF, to participate on Thursday for shows for which were already won.  Yes, MAYBE the tickets gained through VF would be better than the ones won through the Lottery for newer 10C members, but my hope would be that Lottery winners, like me, would stay out of VF and give fellow 10C members that did not win Lottery tickets the best possible chance of securing tickets.  Am I missing something here?  

If I understand this correctly and from my experience if you won 10 C tickets, this means you do not get a VF code for the shows you won, only the ones you lost. Which is what happened for me.

100% wrong.  VF is a completely public offering and non-related to any 10C affiliation.  10C & TM teamed up for the lottery.  Many people, I'm sure, won 10C seats and also got VF code for the same show.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

TEEJAM11 said:
    e360727 said:

100% wrong.  VF is a completely public offering and non-related to any 10C affiliation.  10C & TM teamed up for the lottery.  Many people, I'm sure, won 10C seats and also got VF code for the same show.

Sorry, bro not my experience, anyone else get codes for both 10C shows they won and a VF code? just wondering at this point.

not sure if this helps, but the email for VF had this "WHEN YOU'LL HEAR FROM US AGAIN
    On the evening of Wednesday, January 22, you’ll receive an email confirming whether you’ve been verified and whether you’ve also been selected to participate in the presale."

• TEEJAM11 said:
    TEEJAM11 said:
    e360727 said:

Sorry, bro not my experience, anyone else get codes for both 10C shows they won and a VF code? just wondering at this point.

not sure if this helps, but the email for VF had this "WHEN YOU'LL HEAR FROM US AGAIN
    On the evening of Wednesday, January 22, you’ll receive an email confirming whether you’ve been verified and whether you’ve also been selected to participate in the presale."

I know people that won the 10c lottery and also got VF seats this morning for the same exact show; 100% incorrect & no where in the "rules" was it mentioned you couldn't do both.  Again.. VR completely public sale, 10c was not.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• Yeah, I also was able to buy 10C tix and VF tix to the same shows.

(In much smaller cities than New York.)
  • I know this sucks for some people to hear, but for the sake of getting info out there, I got 10c tix for both shows I applied for (the two Oakland) and then VF codes for both shows as well.

By the time I actually got in (10:10 or so), there were just some seats left on the sides down low and then a bunch in the second deck...I bought two tix for Saturday, the corner section behind stone is shaped like a pie, so at the very top (rows 28 and 29) there are literally just two three-seat rows, so I bought the third, unsold seat in each row, one in front of the other. I'm hoping the two couples in each row are cool and everyone is just kind of standing and dancing around and my two will effectively be together...at least that's my strategy, we'll see if security is being anal about people encroaching in the aisles, but given the wackiness and the fact that we're in the way back, I'm optimistic.
  • LYackyLYacky Posts: 72
    TEEJAM11 said:
    TEEJAM11 said:
    e360727 said:

Yes, I won 2 tiks through 10C for Hamilton concert and was also selected for VF pre-sale for same concert. Didn't end up using my VF code tho, so hopefully that freed up at least 4 tiks for someone who didn't win 10C seats. 
    LYacky said:
    TEEJAM11 said:
    TEEJAM11 said:
    e360727 said:

Yes, I won 2 tiks through 10C for Hamilton concert and was also selected for VF pre-sale for same concert. Didn't end up using my VF code tho, so hopefully that freed up at least 4 tiks for someone who didn't win 10C seats. 

WOW, very interesting only got one VF code, not complaining but good to know. The funny thing is for LA 2 never heard back win or lose and just got the code for LA 2. The shows I won got emails to confirm.
  • I want to know if anyone else who got VF tix today tried clicking on the TRANSFER button that if I recall, was not grayed out.  I didn't do it because I read they were non-transferable (San Diego), but then I realized after I sent the link to my phone/TM account, you cannot screen shot these 'live' moving/refreshing bar codes.  So if I get two GA tix and there is a separate line I'm a bit screwed, as the three of us will all either need to walk in together...or I guess they'd let us two GA in first, then I text my VF friend my TM info, he logs in, scans his lone ticket, and stays logged in all night so he can get in and out of his seat if need be (assuming GA will be fine as we'll get wristbands).

Again...DID ANYONE NOT IN NEW YORK OR COLORADO TRY CLICKING THAT TRANSFER BUTTON?  And if so, did it say, sorry charlie, you can't transfer?  If so, I'll feel a little better as there is nothing else I could have done in this situation (aside from having him register and get his own ticket, which I knew he wouldn't do).  Thanks!
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,951
    I know this sucks for some people to hear, but for the sake of getting info out there, I got 10c tix for both shows I applied for (the two Oakland) and then VF codes for both shows as well.

By the time I actually got in (10:10 or so), there were just some seats left on the sides down low and then a bunch in the second deck...I bought two tix for Saturday, the corner section behind stone is shaped like a pie, so at the very top (rows 28 and 29) there are literally just two three-seat rows, so I bought the third, unsold seat in each row, one in front of the other. I'm hoping the two couples in each row are cool and everyone is just kind of standing and dancing around and my two will effectively be together...at least that's my strategy, we'll see if security is being anal about people encroaching in the aisles, but given the wackiness and the fact that we're in the way back, I'm optimistic.

Why not just be considerate and not overcrowd the rows?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• I want to know if anyone else who got VF tix today tried clicking on the TRANSFER button that if I recall, was not grayed out.  I didn't do it because I read they were non-transferable (San Diego), but then I realized after I sent the link to my phone/TM account, you cannot screen shot these 'live' moving/refreshing bar codes.  So if I get two GA tix and there is a separate line I'm a bit screwed, as the three of us will all either need to walk in together...or I guess they'd let us two GA in first, then I text my VF friend my TM info, he logs in, scans his lone ticket, and stays logged in all night so he can get in and out of his seat if need be (assuming GA will be fine as we'll get wristbands).

Again...DID ANYONE NOT IN NEW YORK OR COLORADO TRY CLICKING THAT TRANSFER BUTTON?  And if so, did it say, sorry charlie, you can't transfer?  If so, I'll feel a little better as there is nothing else I could have done in this situation (aside from having him register and get his own ticket, which I knew he wouldn't do).  Thanks!
    In the same situation, please let me know if you get an answer on this. 
  • spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,756
    edited January 2020
    I see that this is already being discussed, but.....I think once you are in or even before you enter, screenshot the TM page that shows the section and seat numbers for your guests seats.  Enter with your party with your mobile phone and show the required legit safetix code or screen. Then you can go to your seats and they can go to theirs.  If need be they can show the screenshot, but I don’t think ushers will be busting chops or constantly checking safetix scramble codes.  If someone is in your guests seats, they’ll have the screenshot and can give them the boot.

Exiting and re-entering GA may be an issue if we aren’t given wristbands.
    Post edited by spankyMP on
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,756
    Transfer button is grayed out
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24