Avocado Tour

Comments

• JM144705JM144705 Posts: 434
    Thanks for all the good suggestions!  :)
  • 2006 MSG.... great bootlegs.. wish i had been there!
    Miwaukee Summerfest 7-9-95
    Minneapolis Target Center 6-30-98
    St Paul Xcel Energy Center 6-26-2006
    Chicago United Center 8-23-09
    Chicago United Center 8-24-09
    Kansas City Sprint Center 5-3-2010
    EV Solo St Louis 7-1-2011
    Chicago Wrigley Field 7-19-2013
    St Paul Xcel Energy Center 10-19-2014
    Chicago Wrigley Field 8-18-2018
    Chicago Wrigley Field 8-20-2018
    Nashville TN 9-16-2022 Bridgestone Arena 
    St Louis MO 9-18-2022 Enterprise Center

He who forgets will be destined to remember

http://twitter.com/eddiefnvedder
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    2006 MSG.... great bootlegs.. wish i had been there!
    sweet, can you please share those, super secret gigs that no one attended...
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    So many great shows on this tour. Hawaii is a great one the flies under the radar. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    Well, just finished Grand Rapids. First time hearing it. Could be the best PJ show I’ve ever listened to. They nail all those ST songs, and man, some deep cuts! Great energy coming off the crowd. Slight flub to start the show but they never looked back. Damn! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Santa Barbara still might be my favorite. That show is damn near perfect. Ed’s voice was in very fine form that evening. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Well, just finished Grand Rapids. First time hearing it. Could be the best PJ show I’ve ever listened to. They nail all those ST songs, and man, some deep cuts! Great energy coming off the crowd. Slight flub to start the show but they never looked back. Damn! 
    So many pissed off fans, so many happy fans...even before the show started. 

It was an epic set...so much energy in the room.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    100 Pacer said:

Why were there pissed off fans?

bbiggs said:
    100 Pacer said:

The band (Ed) instructed 10C to reshuffle distribution and the first seat in the first row on the floor started at #130,000 and worked back from there. Everyone below #130,000 went to the wings and worked back from there.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    100 Pacer said:
    bbiggs said:
    100 Pacer said:

The band (Ed) instructed 10C to reshuffle distribution and the first seat in the first row on the floor started at #130,000 and worked back from there. Everyone below #130,000 went to the wings and worked back from there.
    Wow.  I didn't know that.  I wonder why he gave that direction.  One hell of a show though.  I've listened to it numerous times and wish I would have made the short trip north for it.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,394
    100 Pacer said:
    bbiggs said:
    100 Pacer said:

damn I would have been first row......
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    bbiggs said:
    100 Pacer said:

Same. I mean, maybe it worked. Lots of chanting in those first few rows. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,394
    mcgruff10 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    bbiggs said:
    100 Pacer said:

Same. I mean, maybe it worked. Lots of chanting in those first few rows. 
    I would to see them switch it up like that from time to time. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,523
    I'm partial to the Gorge shows, but I'd just moved to Edmonton and we drove from Edmonton all the way to the Gorge which is a helluva long drive (stopped in sandpoint, Idaho on the way down, but did it all in one shot on the way back).  It was bitching hot, but worth it all because they played Dirty Frank :)
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    2006 was a very special tour for me.....saw the 1st 2 shows of the tour in Toronto from the first row.

Went to both L.A. arena shows, the Santa Barbara Bowl show and the small venue show at the Fonda Theatre in Hollywood

Most importantly, I met my future wife at a few of the shows...we had been introduced before that, but we spoke after a few shows, and are still together, 15 years later!
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 910
    Berlin for me, damn the opening 5 songs;
    Go - Save you - Animal - Do the evolution - Rearviewmirror, out of energy after 5 songs
  • DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    edited February 2021
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    2006 was a very special tour for me.....saw the 1st 2 shows of the tour in Toronto from the first row.

Went to both L.A. arena shows, the Santa Barbara Bowl show and the small venue show at the Fonda Theatre in Hollywood

Most importantly, I met my future wife at a few of the shows...we had been introduced before that, but we spoke after a few shows, and are still together, 15 years later!
    Great shows! I was also front row for both shows. I'm going to have to dig through my stuff and see if i can find my pictures from those nights. 
    Post edited by DukeSpirit on
  • great tour. great cd. top shelf fun.
    any show with severed hand and marker in the sand   :)
    Have to find the Stone quote where he mentions bringing out that green laser on the road for $50,000/week for just one song.

Classic Stone.

• fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 756
    Fly2AMS said:
    All 3 nights in San Francisco...
    these are all fire!!
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23, 9/7/24, 9/9/24, 9/12/24, 9/15/24, 9/17/24
  • The astoria show was mind blowing
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,474
    The astoria show was mind blowing
    Great show. This needs to be a Vault release someday. 
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,474
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Cool story. 
    I met my wife on that tour as well. She’d been at Sydney 1 and 3, and I was at Newcastle. We met at a party a week later and immediately hit it off comparing PJ show stories.

I was also at The Astoria, Reading Festival, Vic Theatre and Lollapalooza. Such a great tour.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    goldrush said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Cool story. 
    I met my wife on that tour as well. She’d been at Sydney 1 and 3, and I was at Newcastle. We met at a party a week later and immediately hit it off comparing PJ show stories.

I was also at The Astoria, Reading Festival, Vic Theatre and Lollapalooza. Such a great tour.
    Wow, you really traveled the world on that tour!
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    The astoria show was mind blowing

My first ever show and I still have a hard time fully grasping that I was there. Being my first show, it all felt very surreal and I don't think I properly took it all in while the show was going on. It went by in a flash that night but in the years following I've had flashes of memories and I think back on it so fondly. I vividly remember the floor bouncing when Even Flow started. A very excited stranger put his arms around me and we were bouncing together.  And let's not forget the Scottish flasher =)

I saw 5 shows later that year - Lisbon both nights, Paris, Verona, and Milan. All of them were tremendous, and if I were to recommend any out of those I'd say Lisbon night 1, Verona, and Milan where the crowd absolutely owns 'Daughter' once again. It sounds magical.

I've listened to every show from this tour many times, and these are my favourites:

Grand Rapids
    Camden night 1
    Las Vegas - fun cover of 'Little Sister' at this show. Apparently Ed was quite sick that night but he still sounds great.
    San Diego
    Santa Barbara
    San Francisco - all 3 shows make a great set to listen to
    Arnhem
    Lisbon 1
    Verona
    Milan
    Torino
    Pistoia
    Zagreb
    Sydney 3
    Newcastle
    Adelaide 1
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • 100 Pacer said:
    Interesting; I knew there were rumblings of shenanigans back at the time. The message board narrative was low energy coming from the front rows bumming the band out. I don't know how anyone could or would really know that, but yeah-- I was 6th row center when my seats my other shows were... nowhere near as good. Energy was off the charts down there. 

I believe the next night was in Cleveland and we were just wiped. The GR show is maybe my most memorable--- but that Cleveland boot is probably my favorite. Finally got to hear Faithfull... the It's OK tag was out of nowhere.. U... No one's probably gonna say it, but I'll give it some love:)
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    100 Pacer said:
    Interesting; I knew there were rumblings of shenanigans back at the time. The message board narrative was low energy coming from the front rows bumming the band out. I don't know how anyone could or would really know that, but yeah-- I was 6th row center when my seats my other shows were... nowhere near as good. Energy was off the charts down there. 

I believe the next night was in Cleveland and we were just wiped. The GR show is maybe my most memorable--- but that Cleveland boot is probably my favorite. Finally got to hear Faithfull... the It's OK tag was out of nowhere.. U... No one's probably gonna say it, but I'll give it some love:)

I'll give Cleveland some love! Both the 2003 and 2006 shows are strong, sturdy shows. They don't get a lot of love because there isn't anything truly 'standout' but they're great shows to listen to.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
    edited February 2021
    100 Pacer said:

Exactly. People were pissed and 10C threw their hands up and admitted their “mistake” but as I recall someone ran into Tim at the Chicago show and he confirmed the redistribution was requested and intentional. Those first 6-8 shows on the leg were very travel friendly indeed so the same large bunch of fans followed. I made the mistake of looking over the Cleveland setlist before the band hit the stage - completely ruined the experience for me so never again!

Anyone want to trade some 06’ shows? I have a decent collection, but don’t have many 06’ shows. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,940

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore