Options

New Lottery Process - Key Learnings

BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
edited January 2020 in The Porch
I'm consolidating all the tips and stuff we've learned about the lottery process so far in one place. Some of the tips are the same as the old process. Not going to speculate about odds or what BA means or TM's mistakes or how winners are selected - lots of people think they know but until 10C explains, we can't be sure. You might have heard of an exception but they'd be rare, maybe hearsay, and if true, we might not know why they exist. Hope this helps.

1) 10C Seniority - It is NOT a factor when it comes to your odds of getting tickets. It is only a factor in how good your reserved seats will be if you win them.

2) You need to read - Slowly and carefully. Follow instructions to the letter. Assume nothing. There are always good reasons for why you're told to do something whether you see the logic in it or not. One thing that tripped up many people - make sure your shows are ranked in the priority you intend. After you pick your shows, there is a separate screen dedicated to this. You can prioritize your shows by dragging and dropping them into the order you wish. If you don't prioritize, it seems to default to chronological order.

3) Missing an email? - Check your spam folder.

4) General Admission - It is NOT a good idea to put in for GA with anything less than Priority 1 if GA odds are less than 99%. The odds are extremely low, maybe non-existent, that you'll get those other shows after Priority 1.

5) Confirmation you entered the lottery - Once you successfully enter the lottery, you'll get a Confirmation Submission email that...confirms your selections. If you didn't get one, see #3. Still didn't get one? Maybe you didn't actually complete all the steps and should try again.

6) Time of entry and odds of winning - When you enter the lottery during the Ticket Request period doesn't matter. People who enter early or enter at the last minute will have the same odds. Also, the odds shown to you at your time of entry do not matter. What does matter are the final odds after the Ticket Request period has closed. From the Confirmation Submission email: Please note: odds reflect the odds at the time of your request. These odds will change over time until the Ticket Request period has closed. 

7) Editing selections - If you want to change your selections at any point, you have to again include ALL the shows you want in your new submission and prioritize again. If you exclude any shows in your subsequent submission, you'll be removed from the lottery for those shows. If you edit successfully, you'll get another Confirmation Submission email.

8) Confirmation of success/failure - During the draw for each show, confirmation emails will be sent out if you won tickets. After the draw, you will get a rejection email if you did not win. Didn't receive anything yet? See #3. Still can't find it? Have patience - don't assume you lost, the lottery draw period lasts a few days and based on #2, you'll know when that is. You might check your credit card for a charge as evidence you won. Contact support if you feel you need to.

9) Tickets are limited - Usually, Ticketmaster provides 8-10% of tickets to a band's fan club and while it seems like they were able to negotiate a much higher number for us this time, 10C still doesn't have the whole arena available to its members. If you see a floor map with shaded areas where 10C has tickets, they don't even have all the tickets in those sections.

10) This is not like most other band tours - How many other bands have such a large fan club, with so many long-time members who like to travel and see multiple shows? Try not to compare or set expectations. 

Am I missing anything?
Post edited by BennyLaRue on

Comments

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,172
    I love #2.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,585
    Nice work BennyLaRue!
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 212
    This all sounds accurate to me. Thanks for putting it together. 
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,172
    Ohh that’s a great username Benny! Is that a reference to How to Succeed? 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,996
    I’d add one detail I noticed and which I suspect affected a lot of people:

Make sure your shows are ranked in the priority you intend. When I chose my shows for this lottery, I selected NY first and then Baltimore. But when I advanced to the next screen, the one where you drag-and-drop the shows to rank them, Baltimore was listed first by default. Not sure if the default is to rank them in chronological order by show date, or in reverse order of selection, or what, but it would have been easy to click right through and end up with an entry that wasn’t ranked the way I intended. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    I’d add one detail I noticed and which I suspect affected a lot of people:

Make sure your shows are ranked in the priority you intend. When I chose my shows for this lottery, I selected NY first and then Baltimore. But when I advanced to the next screen, the one where you drag-and-drop the shows to rank them, Baltimore was listed first by default. Not sure if the default is to rank them in chronological order by show date, or in reverse order of selection, or what, but it would have been easy to click right through and end up with an entry that wasn’t ranked the way I intended. 
    Part of #2 but probably best to be explicit - this tripped a lot of people up. I'll add, thanks. 
  • Options
    In regards to #3, many have not received emails and it's not a junk mail thing.  I am still waiting on my 2nd choice Oakland show email as are many others.
  • Options
    In regards to #3, many have not received emails and it's not a junk mail thing.  I am still waiting on my 2nd choice Oakland show email as are many others.
    I'll point you to #8.
  • Options
    robbierobbie Posts: 882
    Same for me with both Oakland. Every time I call they say they are still pulling tickets. I was told this 20 minutes ago.
  • Options
    Ohh that’s a great username Benny! Is that a reference to How to Succeed? 
    No, but I see why'd you'd say that!
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 431
    I'll point you to #8.
    Also if on Gmail web browser (not mobile) the email for 2 shows comes in back to back with one “collapsed” if that makes sense. So it’s possible that people are just viewing the one email that is expanded by default.
  • Options
    PJlivePJlive Earth Posts: 469
    I'm consolidating all the tips and stuff we've learned about the lottery process so far in one place. Some of the tips are the same as the old process. Not going to speculate about odds or what BA means or TM's mistakes or how winners are selected - lots of people think they know but until 10C explains, we can't be sure. You might have heard of an exception but they'd be rare, maybe hearsay, and if true, we might not know why they exist. Hope this helps.

1) 10C Seniority - It is NOT a factor when it comes to your odds of getting tickets. It is only a factor in how good your reserved seats will be if you win them.

2) You need to read - Slowly and carefully. Follow instructions to the letter. Assume nothing. There are always good reasons for why you're told to do something whether you see the logic in it or not. One thing that tripped up many people - make sure your shows are ranked in the priority you intend. After you pick your shows, there is a separate screen dedicated to this. You can prioritize your shows by dragging and dropping them into the order you wish. If you don't prioritize, it seems to default to chronological order.

3) Missing an email? - Check your spam folder.

4) General Admission - It is NOT a good idea to put in for GA with anything less than Priority 1 if GA odds are less than 99%. The odds are extremely low, maybe non-existent, that you'll get those other shows after Priority 1.

5) Confirmation you entered the lottery - Once you successfully enter the lottery, you'll get a Confirmation Submission email that...confirms your selections. If you didn't get one, see #3. Still didn't get one? Maybe you didn't actually complete all the steps and should try again.

6) Time of entry and odds of winning - When you enter the lottery during the Ticket Request period doesn't matter. People who enter early or enter at the last minute will have the same odds. Also, the odds shown to you at your time of entry do not matter. What does matter are the final odds after the Ticket Request period has closed. From the Confirmation Submission email: Please note: odds reflect the odds at the time of your request. These odds will change over time until the Ticket Request period has closed. 

7) Editing selections - If you want to change your selections at any point, you have to again include ALL the shows you want in your new submission and prioritize again. If you exclude any shows in your subsequent submission, you'll be removed from the lottery for those shows. If you edit successfully, you'll get another Confirmation Submission email.

8) Confirmation of success/failure - During the draw for each show, confirmation emails will be sent out if you won tickets. After the draw, you will get a rejection email if you did not win. Didn't receive anything yet? See #3. Still can't find it? Have patience - don't assume you lost, the lottery draw period lasts a few days and based on #2, you'll know when that is. Contact support if you feel you need to.

9) Tickets are limited - Usually, Ticketmaster provides 8-10% of tickets to a band's fan club and while it seems like they were able to negotiate a much higher number for us this time, 10C still doesn't have the whole arena available to its members. If you see a floor map with shaded areas where 10C has tickets, they don't even have all the tickets in those sections.

10) This is not like most other band tours - How many other bands have such a large fan club, with so many long-time members who like to travel and see multiple shows? Try not to compare or set expectations. 

Am I missing anything?

I hope they don't do this crap for the 2nd leg..... The old way is so much better....
    9/1-9/2/2000 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    4/28/2003 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    5/3/2003 - Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA
    7/5-7/6/2003 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    7/13/2003 - Hershey Park, Hershey, PA
    10/1/2004 - Sovereign Center, Reading, PA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge, George, WA
    10/03/2005 - Wachovia Center, Phila, PA
    5/27-5/28/2006 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/16/2008 - Columbia, SC
    6/19-6/20/2008 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/24-6/25 - Madison Square Garden
    10/28-10/31/2008 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    9/22/2012 - MidTown, Atlanta, GA
    10/21-10/22 - Wells Fargo Center, Phila, PA
    10/30/2013 - Charlotte, NC
    04/21/2016 - Columbia, SC
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    Can we get this pinned to the top of the forum?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    PJlive said:
    I hope they don't do this crap for the 2nd leg..... The old way is so much better....
    It's the first time they've tried this - I expect they'll tweak and make it better, communicate better. But if this gets us single tickets, F2F and cuts down on scalping, it's all worth it. 10C can't do that stuff on their own, not when fan club fees haven't gone up the entire time the club has existed.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    #7 tripped up a lot of people.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy San Diego Posts: 388
    PJlive said:
    It's the first time they've tried this - I expect they'll tweak and make it better, communicate better. But if this gets us single tickets, F2F and cuts down on scalping, it's all worth it. 10C can't do that stuff on their own, not when fan club fees haven't gone up the entire time the club has existed.
    Agreed. Keep it, communicate a bit better. And maybe just maybe find a way to secure even more tickets if possible, not that I’m complaining about the increase from this first go-round.
  • Options
    robis726robis726 Posts: 132
    What about make sure your Ten Club name matches your Ticketmaster account name exactly? Not sure if this is true but I saw it being posted a lot.
    Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there...

Austin, Texas 09-16-1995
    Columbia, Maryland 09-04-2000
    San Antonio, Texas 04-05-2003
    Santa Barbara, California 07-13-2006
    Universal City, California 10-01-2009
    Austin, Texas 10-04-2009
    Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013
    Mexico City, Mexico 11-28-2015
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 04-08-2016
    Miami, Florida 04-09-2016
    Chicago, Illinois I 08-20-2016
    Chicago, Illinois II 08-22-2016
    Seattle, Washington I 08-08-2018
    Seattle, Washington II 08-10-2018
    Boston, Massachusets I 09-02-2018
    Austin, Texas 09-18-2023
  • Options
    robis726 said:
    What about make sure your Ten Club name matches your Ticketmaster account name exactly? Not sure if this is true but I saw it being posted a lot.
    There were lots of cases where people got tickets without the two names matching up. Still, it was part of the instructions so these people are lucky it didn't end up being consequential.
  • Options
    BennyLaRue you win. #2 is really all it takes. Great stuff here. 👏👏👏
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    edited January 2020
    JimmyV said:
    #7 tripped up a lot of people.
    Tripped me up.  🤷‍♂️
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    But #2 should’ve taken care of #7. It was all there. 
  • Options
    TN49724TN49724 Posts: 99
    And take screen shots of all steps including credit card entry to save yourself the worry while you wait and wonder.  That way you can know for sure.
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    But #2 should’ve taken care of #7. It was all there. 
    Agreed. Added Ottawa last minute amongst some confusion. 
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    If you do #2 (which you had 3 days to do) it takes care of most everything.  But then, why do that when you can come on here and ask the same questions over and over.  And over.  
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    You forgot if you lose the lottery make a new thread, state how long you’ve been a club member and bitch how the process is unfair
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420
    pjhawks said:
    You forgot if you lose the lottery make a new thread, state how long you’ve been a club member and bitch how the process is unfair
    lol 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    I read through most of this but I think a couple of other points are worth mentioning or I might have missed them:
    1) Make sure your credit card is up to date on Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster and has sufficient funds and does not expire soon
    2) If you do not receive an email confirm or denied, watch your credit card statement for a charge
    3) You are not automatically signed up for the Ticketmaster Pre Sale it is a separate process
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
    edited January 2020
    I read through most of this but I think a couple of other points are worth mentioning or I might have missed them:
    1) Make sure your credit card is up to date on Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster and has sufficient funds and does not expire soon
    2) If you do not receive an email confirm or denied, watch your credit card statement for a charge
    3) You are not automatically signed up for the Ticketmaster Pre Sale it is a separate process
    Added the point about the charge, thanks.

The others I'll consider being under the #2 umbrella - "read all the shit".
    Post edited by BennyLaRue on
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470
    You can add the "and not guaranteed" to #9 from the first line of 10 Club Policies. I know this is standard, boilerplate, cover-your-ass language, but I've seen a few people think that they're guaranteed by looking at the odds or by reading "the majority of fans who enter the Ten Club ticket request will get tickets."
  • Options
    So disappointed I didn't get tickets for the NY show on March 30th.