Stubhub, Seatgeek, etc

How do these sites list tickets for sale already? They even have a GA floor tickets listed for $10,000 each and an option to buy them.

I get missing out on the lottery like I did, but now this? I can’t even tell if they are real tickets and they are thousands of dollars. I don’t mind a fair price but this is whack. 

Comments

• AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    Probably just first-timers who think they can get away with this w/o having the tickets cancelled and their memberships revoked.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    These were up last week. They don't have tickets
    I miss igotid88
  • Those are speculative sellers, they always do that.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    edited January 2020
    kasedoug said:
    They can say that all they want, but TM/LN works with ticketbrokers. Few years ago on the train ride home from Springsteen at msg, I spoke with an older guy who flat out told me he gets his GA tickets for Springsteen through a broker months before the on sale date. I rattled off the Springsteen shows I've been to so far to him and he told me how much he paid for GA for each show. Mostly he pays around $1,000. He also mentioned how those people who always manage to be first in line for ticket drops at arena tickets booths work for TM/LN. I was floored by all of this, but not shocked. It's all one big scam that everyone is involved in no matter what band 
    Post edited by Gary Carter on
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• kasedoug said:
    They can say that all they want, but TM/LN works with ticketbrokers. Few years ago on the train ride home from Springsteen at msg, I spoke with an older guy who flat out told me he gets his GA tickets for Springsteen through a broker months before the on sale date. I rattled off the Springsteen shows I've been to so far to him and he told me how much he paid for GA for each show. Mostly he pays around $1,000. He also mentioned how those people who always manage to be first in line for ticket drops at arena tickets booths work for TM/LN. I was floored by all of this, but not shocked. It's all one big scam that everyone is involved in no matter what band 
    This is absolutely 100% accurate. There's also tickets that never hit the public (or semi-public, fanclub) sales. These are tickets pre-allocated to numerous people/staff/entities involved in the business, and they're usually the best tickets. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    kasedoug said:
    Nobody gets physical tickets before public on sale.

If he is paying broker speculation pricing in advance of public onsale he is either an idiot or a liar.

Anyone who pays $1000 for g.a. Bruce is either lying or an idiot. Unless he had a way to guarantee being in the front pit. Which means someone in the Bruce Camp has been bought off.

There are many myths and conspiracy theories regarding TM and brokers. Some have proven to be true but most have been proven to be false.

But the stories/myths/theories about bands in bed with brokers are not only mostly true but goes back to the 70s.

Hearing from some random dude on the subway doesn't  make it so. Even hearing from a broker is likely to not be true.
  • Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    Ticketmaster screws fans over at every show! It’s always funny when you get on there as soon as tickets go on sale and they already have certain rows that are close to the stage as Platinum tickets! Prices for the tickets are usually 3 times higher than face value! It’s also funny how tickets will be on the Ticketmaster website for sale and then those exact same seats are on sale at Stubhub, SeatGeek, Vivid etc. at the same time. Ticketmaster rob people of the opportunity of getting really good seats for face value and with their damn fees they charge! It’s a joke!
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 513
    kasedoug said:
    Nobody gets physical tickets before public on sale.

If he is paying broker speculation pricing in advance of public onsale he is either an idiot or a liar.

Anyone who pays $1000 for g.a. Bruce is either lying or an idiot. Unless he had a way to guarantee being in the front pit. Which means someone in the Bruce Camp has been bought off.

There are many myths and conspiracy theories regarding TM and brokers. Some have proven to be true but most have been proven to be false.

But the stories/myths/theories about bands in bed with brokers are not only mostly true but goes back to the 70s.

Hearing from some random dude on the subway doesn't  make it so. Even hearing from a broker is likely to not be true.
    That story would be true of MSG only where Bruce uses a different floor and the front is GA with seats behind it. That area is then split into the pit and a smaller second GA area. It has always been guaranteed pit at MSG if you show up for the lottery. 
  • smaksmak Posts: 232
    Peyton18 said:
    Ticketmaster screws fans over at every show! It’s always funny when you get on there as soon as tickets go on sale and they already have certain rows that are close to the stage as Platinum tickets! Prices for the tickets are usually 3 times higher than face value! It’s also funny how tickets will be on the Ticketmaster website for sale and then those exact same seats are on sale at Stubhub, SeatGeek, Vivid etc. at the same time. Ticketmaster rob people of the opportunity of getting really good seats for face value and with their damn fees they charge! It’s a joke!
    That's not Ticketmaster, that's the artists putting prices that high.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    edited January 2020
    Peyton18 said:
    Ticketmaster doesn't dictate which tickets are Platinum. The tickets belong to the artist. Ticketmaster no doubt makes a larger profit on platinum tickets, but ultimately it is the artist's decision which tickets are sold as platinum.  
  • I think PJ is utilizing the platinum system to generate extra money for the Vitology Foundation this year.
    Gorge
  • Either way the whole thing leaves a bad taste. I just want to see the show. I’m a fan, I’ll pay, I pay my membership dues, etc. But when it’s a feeding frenzy like this, I’m almost to the point of saying “I’m good” and reading about it.  Hoping the verified fan register will give me something, then the fan to fan sale. If that doesn’t work, f+^* it. 
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 655
    The only 2 shows on stubhub are NY and CO.  So I guess it's just going to be F2F face value on the rest of them?
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • halshakarchihalshakarchi Posts: 176
    edited January 2020
    ddeschler said:
    The only 2 shows on stubhub are NY and CO.  So I guess it's just going to be F2F face value on the rest of them?
    Yes, and any attempt to sell the tickets for more than face value in the fan to fan face value exchange will result in the cancellation of the ticket purchase and possible 10c membership cancellation.
    I think PJ is utilizing the platinum system to generate extra money for the Vitology Foundation this year.
    Where did you see this?
    Link?
  • guitar101guitar101 Posts: 397
    edited January 2020
    I think PJ is utilizing the platinum system to generate extra money for the Vitology Foundation this year.
    Where did you see this?
    Link?
    Theres no way they're using the platinum seats system.
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • I once had a broker in LA tell me that TM allows groups to access to the "better" seats 3-5 days in advance BEFORE the public has the opportunity to purchase them.

That's why there's only shit seats left 30 seconds into a public sale.

There's also automated bot systems that can be purchased and programmed to purchase specific items from specific places.

Its the same as what people do with major sneaker releases
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
    I once had a broker in LA tell me that TM allows groups to access to the "better" seats 3-5 days in advance BEFORE the public has the opportunity to purchase them.

That's why there's only shit seats left 30 seconds into a public sale.

There's also automated bot systems that can be purchased and programmed to purchase specific items from specific places.

Its the same as what people do with major sneaker releases
    More myths and rumours. 
    Take a look at just about any concert sale page before the " public onsale" and there are multiple presales. For this and that platinum package, radio presale, credit card presale, etc.
    The bots are a fact and the reason there is often nothing left in the first few seconds. 
    guitar101 said:
    Where did you see this?
    Link?
    I know there isn't. 
    Just want to see someone prove their conspiracy theory.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,535
    SHZA said:
    Peyton18 said:
    Ticketmaster doesn't dictate which tickets are Platinum. The tickets belong to the artist. Ticketmaster no doubt makes a larger profit on platinum tickets, but ultimately it is the artist's decision which tickets are sold as platinum.  

Almost all artists sell ticket rights to the promoter before the tour is announced. They do this to get money paid upfront so they can commit to the millions of dollars it costs to begin planning for a tour. The promoter then has the right to hold back tickets for resale at higher prices or Platinum. The artist is free to not participate in platinum but that may lower the amount the promoter is willing to pay the artist for the tour.

The biggest factor in ticket prices is the supply of available tickets. Locking most of them up in a club has a significant impact on prices.
  • cwjacwja Posts: 135

The only show showing Platinum tickets is St Louis. Likely an error.
  • I'm well connected to the industry. What happens is that LiveNation and the Artist agree to certain blocks of tickets to be sold outside of the public, Ticketmaster inventory. These could be ticket blocks that go directly to the Artist, Sponsors, or other entities. Unfortunately some of these tickets make it to the secondary markets (Stubhub, SeatGeek) very often. There have been a number of times (and unfortunately this is becoming more popular) where the Artist, LiveNation (or whoever the promoter is), and Resellers make deals to hand them a big block of tickets and split the additional profits from increased prices.
    guitar101 said:
    Where did you see this?
    Link?
    I know there isn't. 
    Just want to see someone prove their conspiracy theory.

if I provide proof, might I borrow your number one day in the future?

aw heck

Brace yourself 

Took too long, rats. There is also this one,

which is way to PJ specific to be an error

edited January 2020
    Those Vitalogy tickets are usually off the charts expensive, but for a good cause.

seems to be a spelling issue 
    kasedoug said:
    This is absolutely 100% accurate. There's also tickets that never hit the public (or semi-public, fanclub) sales. These are tickets pre-allocated to numerous people/staff/entities involved in the business, and they're usually the best tickets. 
    Ding ding and don't forget venue subscribers and employees of said venue, but yet I'm talking out of my ass 🙄

I'm well connected to the industry. What happens is that LiveNation and the Artist agree to certain blocks of tickets to be sold outside of the public, Ticketmaster inventory. These could be ticket blocks that go directly to the Artist, Sponsors, or other entities. Unfortunately some of these tickets make it to the secondary markets (Stubhub, SeatGeek) very often. There have been a number of times (and unfortunately this is becoming more popular) where the Artist, LiveNation (or whoever the promoter is), and Resellers make deals to hand them a big block of tickets and split the additional profits from increased prices.
    Don't ruin the fairy tail now for people lol