Best Available

2»

Comments

• RE4790RE4790 Posts: 801
    edited January 2020
    RE4790 said:
    Dizzle said:
    For what it’s worth, here’s my understanding of the process:
    1. You are selected randomly and considered if the show is your 1st priority selection.
    2. You get exactly what you prefer, if available, when GA or RES selection is made. Denied if your selection is sold out in that quantity.
    3. If BA selection is made, you get exactly what is available at that time, with GA first priority, then RES. You’ll only be denied if both areas are sold out in your selected quantity.
    4. The whole process is then repeated, if any tickets are left, for those who do not yet have tickets and have the show as a 2nd priority selection. Then 3rd, 4th, and so on.
    This is what I assumed as well... as that’s how BA works outside the lotto.  I guess we will find out today 
    That’s definitely how we all thought it worked but it’s not right.  Lots of folks are striking out with BA as their first choice while many are getting the same show with their 5th or 6th pick in some cases.

I’m not sure.  I wouldnt necessarily trust frustrated people to honestly assess things and then post a mea culpa here after an angry post of they had payment or form issues  Plus we have no insight into the vast majority of winners.  Questions about BA are probably skewed towards lotto losers in fact

Post edited by RE4790 on
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    rvapete said:
    rvapete said:
    To me that's how it should be. Best Available shouldn't be 1 and 1A

but this process has rules that were communicated before we applied. And those rules clearly state the priority is assigned on a PER SHOW basis. So 1 and 1a is exactly the way it should be

” Step 6. If you selected 2 or more shows, you can prioritize your shows by dragging and dropping them into the order you wish.”
    For me that has huge legal issues. It limits the opportunity ADA seating folks have of winning tickets lower than 99% RES while a BA entry would give you 2 shots. BA being priority #1 and #2 would give the ADA person the same priority possibilities for RES at a different venue of your RES backup applying BA 

We both put in for a show. I say I’ll take anywhere, you say I need a seat. We both are getting one chance to get into a show. Not sure I am getting how that’s unfair? (But the rules do say priority is on a per show basis.)

My understanding is they accommodate ADA in the front of the GA pit. I’ve seen fans mention this but not entirely sure how it works.
  • rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    edited January 2020
    Dizzle said:
    1. You are selected randomly and considered if the show is your 1st priority selection.
    2. You get exactly what you prefer, if available, when GA or RES selection is made. Denied if your selection is sold out in that quantity.
    3. If BA selection is made, you get exactly what is available at that time, with GA first priority, then RES. You’ll only be denied if both areas are sold out in your selected quantity.
    4. The whole process is then repeated, if any tickets are left, for those who do not yet have tickets and have the show as a 2nd priority selection. Then 3rd, 4th, and so on.

Dizzle said:
    For me this suggested process is flawed. It would rank GA/BA selections by some mystery algorithm for GA access and once they are gone, the fall back is RES. For me the process should go like this.

GA and BA have a random drawing for all the GA tickets
    RES Priority #1 has a drawing 
    BA RES and Priority #2 RES have a drawing

• rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    edited January 2020
    rvapete said:
    rvapete said:

but this process has rules that were communicated before we applied. And those rules clearly state the priority is assigned on a PER SHOW basis. So 1 and 1a is exactly the way it should be

” Step 6. If you selected 2 or more shows, you can prioritize your shows by dragging and dropping them into the order you wish.”
    For me that has huge legal issues. It limits the opportunity ADA seating folks have of winning tickets lower than 99% RES while a BA entry would give you 2 shots. BA being priority #1 and #2 would give the ADA person the same priority possibilities for RES at a different venue of your RES backup applying BA 

We both put in for a show. I say I’ll take anywhere, you say I need a seat. We both are getting one chance to get into a show. Not sure I am getting how that’s unfair? (But the rules do say priority is on a per show basis.)

My understanding is they accommodate ADA in the front of the GA pit. I’ve seen fans mention this but not entirely sure how it works.
    By not requiring a seat you have 2 prioritized chances (GA and Res) at a ticket. By requiring a seat you have 1.  How is that fair?
    Post edited by rvapete on
  • I picked BA for the ONLY show I can make: Baltimore. I’ll be sure to post my results here. 
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    I picked BA for the ONLY show I can make: Baltimore. I’ll be sure to post my results here. 
    Same 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited January 2020
    People that are losing BA as a first pick or any pick for that matter has to be a glitch and either an incorrect input by the fan or Ticketmaster system has a huge flaw and overlooked these picks. If this is on Ticketmaster which I believe it is they really need fix this asap and make it right for those that got shafted. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • rvapete said:
    rvapete said:
    rvapete said:

By not requiring a seat you have 2 prioritized chances (GA and Res) at a ticket. By requiring a seat you have 1.  How is that fair?
    Selecting BA does not give you two prioritized chances. You still only have one chance, but the pool of available tickets is larger because you’re including reserved and GA. Still only one chance, though. 
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
    rvapete said:
    rvapete said:
    rvapete said:

Selecting BA does not give you two prioritized chances. You still only have one chance, but the pool of available tickets is larger because you’re including reserved and GA. Still only one chance, though. 
    Allegedly this is not happening and it’s being treated as two for lotto priority purposes 
  • cannotstaylongcannotstaylong Posts: 668
    edited January 2020
    RE4790 said:
    rvapete said:
    rvapete said:
    rvapete said:

Allegedly this is not happening and it’s being treated as two for lotto priority purposes 
    Only based on speculation, though. None of us know how TM is actually running the draw. All we know is what was stated in the rules and how prior lotteries have worked (recognizing that those lottos didn’t have the BA option). 

I get the sense that a lot of people are jumping to conclusions right now, but some of the draws that have already started still haven’t concluded. For example, there are numerous people who put in for the Oakland shows who still have not received a confirmation email either way, while others have already received notifications for both shows. People are inferring things about the lotto before it’s even finished. 
    Post edited by cannotstaylong on
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
    RE4790 said:
    rvapete said:
    rvapete said:
    rvapete said:

Only based on speculation, though. None of us know how TM is actually running the draw. All we know is what was stated in the rules and how prior lotteries have worked (recognizing that those lottos didn’t have the BA option). 

Agreed, posted that same thought at the top of the page.  This has been by far the best, most open process the 10c has done in the lotto era and I hope people keep that in mind today when MSG is drawn
  • RE4790 said:
    RE4790 said:
    rvapete said:
    rvapete said:
    rvapete said:

Agreed, posted that same thought at the top of the page.  This has been by far the best, most open process the 10c has done in the lotto era and I hope people keep that in mind today when MSG is drawn
    Amen. Couldn’t agree more. 
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • I picked BA for the ONLY show I can make: Baltimore. I’ll be sure to post my results here. 
    I only put in for one US show as well, also Baltimore (BA, single ticket). It's a crapshoot!!!
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    Same boat. Fingers crossed!
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • RE4790 said:
    RE4790 said:
    Dizzle said:
    This is what I assumed as well... as that’s how BA works outside the lotto.  I guess we will find out today 
    That’s definitely how we all thought it worked but it’s not right.  Lots of folks are striking out with BA as their first choice while many are getting the same show with their 5th or 6th pick in some cases.

I’m not sure.  I wouldnt necessarily trust frustrated people to honestly assess things and then post a mea culpa here after an angry post of they had payment or form issues  Plus we have no insight into the vast majority of winners.  Questions about BA are probably skewed towards lotto losers in fact

But you probably got all your tix, so you're psyched.  I know you default to “the user made a mistake” but lots of folks won a show with their first pick but not their second pick.  That’s not user error if they won one of them, they obviously entered the lottery correctly or they wouldn’t have won the one. Something’s fishy if they’re not getting reserved seats when it’s at 99% with their second pick of res or BA but others are with their 5th or 6th. Up until yesterday I thought the system looked fantastic as day one looked like it worked as it was supposed to.  Something got messed up badly with LA and Oakland where they each have 2 shows
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    RE4790 said:
    RE4790 said:
    Dizzle said:

But you probably got all your tix, so you're psyched.  I know you default to “the user made a mistake” but lots of folks won a show with their first pick but not their second pick.  That’s not user error if they won one of them, they obviously entered the lottery correctly or they wouldn’t have won the one. Something’s fishy if they’re not getting reserved seats when it’s at 99% with their second pick of res or BA but others are with their 5th or 6th. Up until yesterday I thought the system looked fantastic as day one looked like it worked as it was supposed to.  Something got messed up badly with LA and Oakland where they each have 2 shows

My choices, like many, are Bmore and MSG.  I have no idea what will happen but I don't feel that a loss should be prescribed to malice or systemic failure right out of the gate.  Perhaps we will know more once the seat are assigned so we can see if people got RES in priority one slots with BA as their chosen ticket option.
  • These conversations are really helpful for me as I wait anxiously to find out. Good to know others obsess about all the different scenarios that are really out of our control. Crazy I still care after all these years about PJ tickets. I guess I’ll know I’m old at heart when I stop caring.
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • DizzleDizzle Posts: 26
    I think that people are discounting the fact that you need to be randomly selected before anything can happen. Just because you’ve put in for a show, it doesn’t guarantee that you’ll be selected early enough (if at all) to get seats despite your selected priority. People with a lower show priority can get lucky.
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    It's unclear what happens if you lose out on your first priority. Does your second priority then become your first priority if that show has not been selected yet? So if some first priority picks are losing to second priority, could it be because those second priority lost their first priority? I think that would make sense and be fair.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    Maybe they shouldn't have BA for the next Tour? Eliminate the confusion? 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    I love the GA option but if they’re not going to be transparent in how everything is done then I’d rather get rid of it so everyone has one entry for each show. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • A friend put Reserved and not BA for all his picks because he did not want GA. 
    He got his first four picks : LA1, LA2, Oakland 1, Oakland 2.
    As some fans did not get Oakland 2 as their second pick, there was either an issue / a misunderstanding with BA or everyone wrongly assumed that the allocation algorithm was similar to then past ones.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • renelesurrenelesur Dallas, TX Posts: 84
    The part that I do not like about this whole thing is that if you got awarded a ticket via BA, you won't know where you seat is until AFTER the TM Verified Fan sale.  So if you got selected for Verified Fan, you have no idea whether or not you are able to upgrade your seat and get rid of the other one via fan-to-fan. 

11/15/2013 - Dallas, TX; 11/16/2013 - Oklahoma City, OK;

8/10/2018 - Safeco Field, Seattle, WA; 8/18 & 20/2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL; 9/2 & 4/2018 - Fenway Park, Boston, MA

7/8 & 9/2022 - Hyde Park, London, EN,   UPCOMING: Nashville, St. Louis, OKC

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    renelesur said:
    The part that I do not like about this whole thing is that if you got awarded a ticket via BA, you won't know where you seat is until AFTER the TM Verified Fan sale.  So if you got selected for Verified Fan, you have no idea whether or not you are able to upgrade your seat and get rid of the other one via fan-to-fan. 
    I like that though. Less clutter for people relying on the verified fan sale. Be happy with what you got mentality. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    renelesur said:
    Maybe that’s the point.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    edited January 2020
    I had Denver BA as second priority. I've heard of other members winning Denver BA and having it as their third priority. The prioritization system they (10C/TM) are using is fundamentally flawed.
    Post edited by Jammin909 on
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • tusevuntusevun Posts: 231
    renelesur said:
    just buy on the verified presale and once you know which seats are better put the others in the fan to fan thing.