Options

Ten Club or Ticketmaster Lottery?

riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
Which lottery system do you prefer? 

Ten Club or Ticketmaster Lottery? 183 votes

10 Club
69%
cincybearcatgusturtleim an earjack cameronEdVedder_1smhondlLedbetterman10Savvy ApeHailHailVitalogyCopperTompjsycobootlegger10Gonzo197716gaugeMoonpigSprunkn7Lowlight11patkelly12vedpunkdreamweaver 127 votes
Ticketmaster
30%
Ninjake79nalyd61know1pjpitt89pjl44gettingrightamethgr8tschavPeasant TentsDaron OshayOwl JamsymptomsfadefrisbiecAP30511MozzyCW55354hankholetsgoST66483pineapplesandwaves.HesCalledDyer 56 votes

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,407
    They're both basically the same only now you don't have to buy 2
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    10 Club
    After two days of drawings it seems that people have some valid complaints with the new system. People scoring a city as their 5th priority, and other people getting rejected with the same city as 2nd priority. 

For others, it’s been flawless. Myself included.
  • Options
    ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,190
    edited January 2020
    Just based on my personal experience, I got both shows I went for and didn't have to worry about spamming refresh to score tix at 10am on the dot sweating bullets while doing so, so I have to right now pick 10C.  
    Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    It's too soon to tell. Every lottery we see posts from people who got shut out and it seems strange. Then after asking questions it becomes clear they were going after GA only, their priority wasn't what they originally thought it was, and so on. We saw some of that today and it will continue.

If people legitimately are missing out on 1st priority best available selections and other people are hitting at 3rd, 4th, 5th priority for those same shows, it's a problem. But all of these entries needed to be entered correctly and it has become clear some were not.

Too soon to render judgement on this lottery.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    10 Club
    As they say, don’t fix what aint broke. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Ticketmaster
    Big picture, scalping needs to be dealt with. This lottery and process should cut down on it significantly. Might not feel good now given some of the mystery, but you all should have a great chance of still getting tickets at face value through verified, general and F2F sales. At the end of the day, more fans will get in for less money. That's a win.
  • Options
    Hoagie BreathHoagie Breath Philly Yo Posts: 107
    edited January 2020
    A little early  for this poll,, only half way through. The only people so far to think they have been screwed are :

1.) Those who picked GA only, thus dwindling their chances of getting IN THE DOOR significantly and the reason those with priority's of 2, 3, and even four got tickets to said show. They had a 99% chance of scoring RESERVED seats with their 4th priority and the GA only had 0%. of scoring RESERVED seats. Their are way more reserved seats available than GA. This is common sense. So in reality, they took a chance, and lost, but they weren't screwed.
    Per the email we all received from Ten Club prior to the lottery sign ups: 
    *****Step 4. Select the first show you’d like to request tickets for. In the resulting window, select the number of tickets (1 or 2) and desired ticket type (GA PIT, Reserved Seating, or both). You may request both GA and Reserved tickets, but can only possibly be confirmed for one or the other.****
    It's simple math. Failure to understand the math, not the lottery screwing you, you screwed yourself if you really wanted to see the show but are a pit snob. Next time, choose BA if you dont want to get shut out.

2.) Human Error. Several people have admitted to making choices and then going back to TM to add more shows, change number of tickets, whatever.
     This is what is posted on the TM webiste :
    *****I need to adjust my Ten Club ticket request, what should I do?

To adjust any part of your request, a new request must be submitted. To do so, tap here to go back to the site, sign in and submit a new request. We’ll only keep the details of your last submission. The deadline to submit new or updated requests is Wednesday, January 15 at 11:59 p.m. PT.*****

Now I don't know about everyone, but when I encounter something new, I try to get as much information as possible, in this case, a new ticket process. And I didn't sit around all day reading the boards wasting hours of my time reading through posts about nothing  trying to get some info. I read all the info made available to me from the two parties I knew that I had to deal with to get tickets, Ten Cub and Ticketmaster. Yes, TM had some things to say also like the example I just posted  https://blog.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-tour-2020/  . It's a 10 minute, easy to understand read and is clearly posted on TM. Took about 20 minutes total of my time on the day of the announcement because I read it twice. Because it was new. And wanted to make sure I understood it.

3.) Human Error (again) . This was in the email we all got also from Ten Club

****Step 2. On the resulting Ticket Request site, sign in to your Ticketmaster account, or create a new one if you don’t have one. Your name under your Ticketmaster account must match your name under your Ten Club membership account.   ****

4.) Credit Card issues. Now has anyone had a problem and actually received a call ?

****- If for any reason your card declines at the time your request is being confirmed, you will be contacted by Tickets Today. ****

Because if anyone is having problems that don't pertain to the above listed three mistakes most people who got "screwed" made, this is where I'd start to look. And this problem isnt caused by the new lottery system.

But we're only half way through this new process, new problems could arise, but so far, so good if you ask me. And I get to really suffer tomorrow waiting to find out about the 1 show I put in for , Baltimore BA . Originally had both Balt and MSG BA and MSG BA being my first choice, but chickened out out at the last second and dropped MSG. Why? Only people with either show as their first priority are going to get tickets I believe. Baltimore had slightly better odds, its a Sat. vs. Mon. night, and being from Philly and 90 miles from either venue, should say born and raised in Philly, FUCK NEW YORK, Cant stand that toilet bowl of city now filled with 85%condescending yuppie douche bags from somewhere else bragging about the Yankees or The Giants or even worse, the fucking Mets. Baltimore hands down lol. 

Good luck everyone with the rest of the lottery.

Post edited by Hoagie Breath on
    '92 Philly 04.10
    '94 Boston 04.10 
    '95 DC 01.15 
    '96 Columbia 09.24, NYC 09.29, Hartford 10.02
    '98 DC 06.14, Camden 08.28, Camden 08.29, E. Rutherford 09.08, NYC 09.10, NYC 09.11, Hartford 09.13, Columbia 09.18
    '00 Camden 09.01, Camden 09.02, Columbia 09.04
    '03 Philly 04.23, Camden 07.05, Camden 07.06, NYC 07.09, Hershey 07.12, Holmdel 07.14
    '04 Reading 10.01, DC 10.11
    '05 AC 09.30, AC 10.01, Philly 10.03, Chicago 10.05
    '06 NYC 05.05, Camden 05.27, Camden 05.28, DC 05.30, E. Rutherford 06.03
    '08 Camden 06.19, Camden 06.20, DC 06.22, NYC 06.24, NYC 06.25
    '09 Philly 10.27, Philly 10.28, Philly 10.30, Philly 10.31
    '10 Hartford 05.15, Newark 05.18, NYC 05.20, NYC 05.21
    '12 Philly 09.02
    '13 Philly 10.21, Philly 10.22
    '16 Philly 04.28, Philly 04.29
    '18 Boston 09.02
    '21 Asbury Park 09.18
    '22 Camden 09.14

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,476
    Whatever problems they have this tour, maybe those kinks get worked out for fall.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    Can’t say, too many unanswered questions. Like why did they switch, was this how they got so many tickets than before? Would 10c not be able to handle this volume? We’re they just lazy and lawned it off to TM?
    10c lottery was easier, only dealing with 1 entity, so if there wasn’t a reason why I’d prefer 10c. But who knows at this point.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771
    Ticketmaster
    Single ticket option, limiting resale capabilities (and at face value), theoretically higher odds of successfully getting a ticket, and improving the mobile ticket security from the 2018 ballpark shows are all very promising. 

But until we see the results of all shows drawn, the locations of the seats, and how well the fan exchange marketplace works, it’s too early to tell. 10c has good intentions in how they approached this spring tour, so hopefully we see the improvements they intended.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    JimmyV said:
    It's too soon to tell. Every lottery we see posts from people who got shut out and it seems strange. Then after asking questions it becomes clear they were going after GA only, their priority wasn't what they originally thought it was, and so on. We saw some of that today and it will continue.

If people legitimately are missing out on 1st priority best available selections and other people are hitting at 3rd, 4th, 5th priority for those same shows, it's a problem. But all of these entries needed to be entered correctly and it has become clear some were not.

Too soon to render judgement on this lottery.
    This is the way.  We have weird data sets, and I realize those who have "lost" feel a big sting, but each time it gets teased out we find an anomaly in their entry.   There were a shit ton of people on facebook saying they lost, and then it became clear that many went GA only.  

It is hard for me to believe that some fans got in 4 for 4 with BA selected in Canada, and others got shutout 0 for 4 and did not have some very glaring error in their submission. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I got shut out of all 4 Cali shows I put in for. I love Pearl Jam but will not sit in some shit seats with some drunk assholes who want to scream better man at talk the rest of the night. I’m in the fan club to be with fan club members at shows. I’m really thinking this has made me realize the fan club isn’t even worth 20 bucks anymore. I understand not getting all four shows. But not even one. It just sucks. And I’m not jumping through Ticketmaster loops to score tickets. Shit like this has to be planned. I can’t get tickets same day and drive 3-5 hours one way to a show. Fuck this. I’m beyond destroyed right now. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Ticketmaster
    I got shut out of all 4 Cali shows I put in for. I love Pearl Jam but will not sit in some shit seats with some drunk assholes who want to scream better man at talk the rest of the night. I’m in the fan club to be with fan club members at shows. I’m really thinking this has made me realize the fan club isn’t even worth 20 bucks anymore. I understand not getting all four shows. But not even one. It just sucks. And I’m not jumping through Ticketmaster loops to score tickets. Shit like this has to be planned. I can’t get tickets same day and drive 3-5 hours one way to a show. Fuck this. I’m beyond destroyed right now. 
    Sucks. Did you put in for all GA or something?
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    We probably can't answer this until this fan club presale finishes up tomorrow. That said, if the Tickemaster method is the only way they are able to get the majority of seats for 10 club members - then I would probably lean towards this new Ticketmaster method.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    This has not been a good day for the Ticketmaster lottery (and I say that as someone who won tickets.)

• Options
    10 Club
    JimmyV said:
    This has not been a good day for the Ticketmaster lottery (and I say that as someone who won tickets.)
    I’ve been watching the chaos.. I won as well for my show. But I can’t believe how bad it’s been for others 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    With the total crap service we get from TM at least they don’t charge a ridiculously huge service fee.....
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    JimmyV said:
    I agree, but still knowing where we will be sitting in 10 days or so and not having to wait and stand in line on the day of the show is still a dramatic improvement.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    I agree, but still knowing where we will be sitting in 10 days or so and not having to wait and stand in line on the day of the show is still a dramatic improvement.
    It is but we got our seats in advance before the 2018 shows, too. 10c already had that perk.

I still haven't voted because I want to hear how the single ticket and fan to fan options work out. Those both could be very cool.

• Options
    10 Club
    Looks like the St. Louis ticket fiasco was resolved this evening 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    tschav said:
    Single ticket option, limiting resale capabilities (and at face value), theoretically higher odds of successfully getting a ticket, and improving the mobile ticket security from the 2018 ballpark shows are all very promising. 

But until we see the results of all shows drawn, the locations of the seats, and how well the fan exchange marketplace works, it’s too early to tell. 10c has good intentions in how they approached this spring tour, so hopefully we see the improvements they intended.
    Well said 
  • Options
    I think NOT knowing which options to choose to help your odds should maybe be answered? I mean what’s the sense of picking GA or RS when everyone that claims you should have chosen  BA ?? Then why choose at all ? In the end doesn’t everyone just want to atleast get tix? Showing odds as your making your selection left you not knowing which option TRULY is the best one. So Id say old Ten Club . Getting into the show was first n foremost  THEN  priority of seating secondary. Here it seems your possibly penalized for having a preference. 
     Although this tracking of the tickets should help with scalping prices, but in the end whats that do when everyone will go for the scraps .
    I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired..
  • Options
    Pearl Jam lottery has had odds since it started. And best available is a really cool feature.

• Options
    agentpinckneyagentpinckney Lakemont, NY Posts: 267
    If the goal is to get tickets into the hands of as many Ten Club members as possible, they could force members to choose one venue so more people will have a chance across the board.
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    If the goal is to get tickets into the hands of as many Ten Club members as possible, they could force members to choose one venue so more people will have a chance across the board.
    Do you think every ticket that the 10 C had for all of the Cities sold out  to 10 C members? 
  • Options
    agentpinckneyagentpinckney Lakemont, NY Posts: 267
    edited January 2020
    cutz said:
    Do you think every ticket that the 10 C had for all of the Cities sold out  to 10 C members? 
    Theoretically, at least 1 of the 2 tickets (for those who chose 2) is in the hands of a Ten Club member for this lottery. There is no other way to buy a ticket to these shows right now. Also, tickets are non-transferable except in New York and Denver (not sure on the latter). ALL of these tickets for this lottery went to someone who's a 10C member.

Let's say you could only choose one venue, and you didn't win, there should be a automatic registration as a Verified Fan to that same venue as a backup. If the allotted tickets didn't sell out at a venue for lottery, there would be more available for Verified Fan or public. My gut tells me all 10C tickets would sell out even if you limited choices to one venue per member, because demand is that great.
    Post edited by agentpinckney on
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Ticketmaster
    Of the handful of anomalies, hopefully we'll find out where the errors occurred. Otherwise, it seems messier because scores of people can easily whip themselves up into a froth over minutiae. I'm sure if you went through the process and avoided the forums, it would feel pretty good. 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    This has not been a good couple of days for the Ticketmaster lottery. 

• Options
    10 Club
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    This has not been a good couple of days for the Ticketmaster lottery. 
    lol 
  • Options
    junbugtn24junbugtn24 Chattanooga tn Posts: 103
    10 Club
    As they say, don’t fix what aint broke.    That’s the truth!!!