How bad are the merch lines gonna be for the Spring 2020 tour?

How bad are the merch lines gonna be for the Spring 2020 tour? 89 votes

What lines?
11%
mcgruff10HailHailVitalogyvaggar99SPJThe_Fixer Malrothbobby dazzlersjj274219F Me In The Brainjuddboz80 10 votes
Flippers will be flipping out
10%
pulling69iOnlyownMymindComeToTXeboweddieScot ConantFlyingwcowboyzekekirb0110BennyLaRue 9 votes
Almost as bad as the beer lines at Fenway
8%
rhinomagicspryguy09mfc2006GP179117brewdog123Wyncoop1sheri zonaBumperD 8 votes
Ames Bros, Klausen, or Mumford? Ugh... the anxiety...wait never mind they're all gone. I'll take a sticker :(
14%
cincybearcatSavvy ApegotthebottleDissident67rm169489ryangingerhuntersthompsonPianoManKDmaxdgoldbrianpiSpurs14JadlerSlettelleir 13 votes
Get on line now...seriously
55%
The Stugotsevenflow82maverickneutron baumCopperTomaustinevolution10alex_sczpalffyBissy77HollisBrownlastexitlondonhrd2imgnbigbiggzyjonbond1779symptomsfadeTim SimmonsBettrMan21JJ42005ReevesNationBH87446 49 votes

Comments

• CrewCrew Posts: 299
    They won't be an issue if the band just adds optional presale merch (same stuff as the venue) to the ticket checkout page..
  • EF11EF11 Posts: 99
    This seems like a good place to post this question...

My last three PJ shows have all been at Fenway, with the pop-up shops ahead of time so we could line up early, get posters to stash away, and get on with relaxing and enjoying the event. It has been years since I have seen them in an arena, and was just curious what people's recent (relatively speaking) experience has been. Have they done pop-ups before doors open, or is it best to plan to line up real early (for merch after doors open, not for GA spots) and keep your fingers crossed? I am hoping my ticket requests for both Baltimore and New York City come through, and then need to start figuring out some travel details. Thanks for any advice!
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,415
    With expanded 10C seats for these shows and more people probably winning than in the past they could....

Give presale access to merch for those that won tickets to that show.

e.g. you won tickets to LA and NYC.. you get pre access to those shirts and posters. 

They can still sell / produce more merch after these presales and have limited quantities. 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    Life is too short.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    EF11 said:

My last three PJ shows have all been at Fenway, with the pop-up shops ahead of time so we could line up early, get posters to stash away, and get on with relaxing and enjoying the event. It has been years since I have seen them in an arena, and was just curious what people's recent (relatively speaking) experience has been. Have they done pop-ups before doors open, or is it best to plan to line up real early (for merch after doors open, not for GA spots) and keep your fingers crossed? I am hoping my ticket requests for both Baltimore and New York City come through, and then need to start figuring out some travel details. Thanks for any advice!
    I think I'm done with lines.  The posters are ALWAYS available through artist or 10c.  If you don't score there ebay does just fine if you are willing to let the hype die down a bit.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • KS80184KS80184 Posts: 397
    EF11 said:

They had the red merch trailer set up in front of the arena in Miami in 2016.  Line was long, but not as crazy as the lines at Wrlgley where stuff (Thomas poster 2018) sold out each day very early and if you weren't in line at 6am, you had no shot.  Hopefully supply is a little better at these shows.  
  • What lines?
    Ebay doesn't have any lines.
    :lol:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    I remember when they did the poster presale in......damn. I don't remember (2009 maybe).  I do remember not having to worry about getting in to secure the art and then worry about it all show.

Would love for them to do it again, but I don't see it happening.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Do they have these lines at Euro shows as well?
  • Almost as bad as the beer lines at Fenway
    Fenway in 16 lines were long but fast, the shops were all over before-hand.  In Seattle in 2018, they had an enormous tent set up outside that was open all day - the line was insane.  Hours and hours. I know because I sat right across from it in the GA line for almost 10 hours.  I left in the middle of the last song (I was DEAD by then), cruised right into the tent (there were three people in there) and got whatever I wanted.
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,550
    I’m done with the merch insanity. Won’t mind buying a shirt or something but I will not allow it to overtake the whole show day experience
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212
    For the 2016 arena shows, they had a merch truck outside and started selling around 1pm on the day of the show. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669

for real i was just thinking that lol. i'd rather be stress fee and just buy one on Ebay
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • gkitt80gkitt80 Posts: 24
    JojoRice said:
    For the 2016 arena shows, they had a merch truck outside and started selling around 1pm on the day of the show. 
    I think they started to sell before noon in Philadelphia if I remember correctly, but it is certainly possible that I am incorrect...
  • What lines?
    MR242791 said:

for real i was just thinking that lol. i'd rather be stress fee and just buy one on Ebay

The truth is I usually trade for it, am lucky enough to have a friend pick an extra for me, or go without.  So many things I could get on Ebay that I don't have yet.  (Although I do occasionally buy stuff there.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Get on line now...seriously
    Not even going attempt any lines this trip.  If I see something I like, I'll try to pick it up for a reasonable price(insert sarcasm here) on Ebay later on.  
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    What lines?
    save your money for drugs
  • risrisrisris Posts: 81
    Knowing that I’ll probably be at both LA shows(99% chance at presale end), I will probably hang out for merchandise at show 1. Leaves me the option for showing up at showtime or hanging out in GA line day for day 2(depending on what I get)
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    What lines?
    I just want a sticker from the show I attended and a cool tshirt.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Lol so you can’t just go up to the booth when you enter at a normal time and buy a shirt?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    What lines?
    Lol so you can’t just go up to the booth when you enter at a normal time and buy a shirt?
    have you been to a pj show lately?  it's more about the merch than the music lol.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    edited January 2020
    If there's a short line, I'll grab a poster & shirt. If it's too long, I'll get later.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    skipped the stupid two mile parking lot line in st paul in 2014 and saw the sights. grabbed a poster inside right at showtime. those fugly yellow tshirts were sold out, and i didn't care. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    I expect it to be more reasonable than stadium shows.   20000 fans vs 50000 fans has to decrease lines somewhat?
    skipped the stupid two mile parking lot line in st paul in 2014 and saw the sights. grabbed a poster inside right at showtime. those fugly yellow tshirts were sold out, and i didn't care. 
    We walked in at PJ20. Outside near the parking lot, there was a MASSIVE line. Inside, there were 2 people ahead of us. We bought our posters, went the UPS store on site and shipped them home. Then we got a beer and enjoyed the opening bands.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    mfc2006 said:
    We walked in at PJ20. Outside near the parking lot, there was a MASSIVE line. Inside, there were 2 people ahead of us. We bought our posters, went the UPS store on site and shipped them home. Then we got a beer and enjoyed the opening bands.
    very smart. that's the one thing i hate about poster shows....gotta carry that damn thing around all show. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• tdawe said:
    Life is too short.
    Life is T shirt 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    mfc2006 said:
    very smart. that's the one thing i hate about poster shows....gotta carry that damn thing around all show. 
    I hear ya. It was a great idea to have UPS there on site at PJ20--even if they almost lost the damn posters. (took about 2 months for them to arrive)

I also liked the idea of pre-ordering posters before the show. You don't know what the hell it'll look like, but you've already paid for it, so you can skip the lines. That was nice in 2013.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,284
    FR181798 said:
    Do they have these lines at Euro shows as well?
    Yes, and getting worse every year. In 2018 I queued for around 3 hours before the merch opened in London. When it did there were a few hundred in the queue. 
    Back in 2009 you could just walk up to the Merch and buy the poster even after the show.
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,835
    Are they doing outdoor merch?  If so the lines in Canada won’t be that bad.  Canada in March can be nasty. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????