Options

Oakland Roll Call 2020

Comments

• Options
    Any hotel recommendations? Or where is everyone staying? Can be in Oakland or SF. 
  • Options
    MD190661 said:
    Question: If I want to try to trade two GA tix to someone with (rgood; ) seats, do I actually have to meet up with them and fuck around with the logistics? Which will be kind of a pain because I imagine they're going to want to go in a lot earlier than I will!

In other words, is there some sort of direct fan-to-fan ticket exchange option aside from the fan-to-fan selling market? 
    If you trust either other you can log into each others TM accounts and then save tickets to your apple wallets and that should be it. You can change your password afterward. 

I have heard that you have to use the tickets in the TM account based on the changing barcode set up.  That technology does not transfer to the apple wallet...that is what someone has reported and they sounded adequately geeky for me to believe them.  It is interesting because I did transfer the tickets to my wallet and it indicates that I should "hold near reader"....so it looks like you could do it...but unlike the digital ticket in the TM app, there is no barcode....I think, for what the OP is proposing, the best course of action is to go in with the other party...
    Just because the wallet says the ticket is there and hold near the reader doesn't mean the reader will accept it..// 

We had to use this same ticket system for the Seahawks this season, and they went right in to the apple wallet.  My son never had any problem getting any of our tickets to work.  Because of that, I never tried to use them with my Samsung.  It's possible that this may still be a different technology, but most likely not.
  • Options
    Spoonman110Spoonman110 Winnipeg Posts: 348
    I’ll be there for both nights. Don’t forget to comment and get Roky played!

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,437
    Any hotel recommendations? Or where is everyone staying? Can be in Oakland or SF. 
    We are staying at Oakland Airport Courtyard by Marriott.

Several others are staying at the Oakland Radisson, which is closer to the venue, yet has some less than favorable reviews.
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,238
    Just got back from my business trip and finally had the opportunity to check out my 10c tix for Sunday night. Feeling pretty stoked to get Sec A row 1 with a 264xxx number. I was fully expecting seats in the first level off to the side as that's what my membership number usually tends to get me. And I've got four tix for Night 1 in Sec 224 row 3 behind the stage through the general public sale, which should be interesting as I've never sat behind a stage at a concert before. Do you think all the lighting rigs and amps will obstruct my view of the band?   
  • Options
    Section 116 Row 6 Sunday show available for trade for GA
  • Options
    Just curious how are you planning on trading your tickets? 
  • Options
    JM18725 said:
    gerald605 said:
    Oakland 1 Sec. C Row 7
    Oakland 2 Sec. C Row 1

We are really fortunate to get weekend shows at the end of the first leg. Hoping they make another NorCal stop (Golden 1 Center - Sacramento) on the fall leg when they swing back up to Portland and Seattle
    It would be awesome if they came back through Sac. First time since ‘98! A show I’m still kicking myself for missing. Though I think that would be very wishful thinking. Especially if Eddie still harbors a grudge against the city for not giving him the Kings back in 2013. It would make my life easier, driving down from Lincoln!

And Im kicking myself for going to that show and NOT buying a poster
    Play Sacramento!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,991
    Rage Against the Machine is playing Oakland Arena Apr 21st.....
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,278
    Rage Against the Machine is playing Oakland Arena Apr 21st.....
    RIP Oakland. Glad we are in a week before the riots. 
  • Options
    Holy crap, I would love to go to that show too!
  • Options
    WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 220
    edited February 2020
    Just got back from my business trip and finally had the opportunity to check out my 10c tix for Sunday night. Feeling pretty stoked to get Sec A row 1 with a 264xxx number. I was fully expecting seats in the first level off to the side as that's what my membership number usually tends to get me. And I've got four tix for Night 1 in Sec 224 row 3 behind the stage through the general public sale, which should be interesting as I've never sat behind a stage at a concert before. Do you think all the lighting rigs and amps will obstruct my view of the band?   
    I sat behind the stage for the first time for one of the LA shows in 2013 and it was great...wouldn't want to do it every time, of course, but seeing the band dynamics, the view of the crowd the band sees, it's really cool. Obviously the closer you are, the better, I think I was about 12 rows back in the section I was in on the first level, you'll be up in the second deck but I bet it will still be better than you may think.

You might have some obstructions at times depending on where the (non-drum/keys; ) band members wander, but I don't think they sell any seats where views are materially blocked (or at least if they do, they disclose it before you buy them and you usually get a discounted price at least).
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    We are staying at Oakland Airport Courtyard by Marriott.

Several others are staying at the Oakland Radisson, which is closer to the venue, yet has some less than favorable reviews.
    I'm part of the Radisson contingent - come join us!  :)
    I'll see you on the other side ...
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Question: If I want to try to trade two GA tix to someone with (rgood; ) seats, do I actually have to meet up with them and fuck around with the logistics? Which will be kind of a pain because I imagine they're going to want to go in a lot earlier than I will!

In other words, is there some sort of direct fan-to-fan ticket exchange option aside from the fan-to-fan selling market? 
    Here's my situation: I won GA and another member won seats. My +1 is my daughter and her +1 is my daughter's BF. They would like to sit together and we are going to use the GAs. I emailed the 10c and explained to them. They told me the tickets were linked to the purchasers phone so one of us would have to give my daughter their phone for the show. Fortunately that is not a problem for us. I don't know if this helps but I think it answers some questions others are asking.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Anyone have thoughts on Emeryville? Hotels are cheaper and looks like a good middle point between Oakland and SF for exploring. 
  • Options
    I might be interested in a trade.  I'm going with my dad for both nights (Section 115 for N1) but I'm not sure he would be able to hang in comfortably for GA, N2.  Fan 2 Fan might be an option?

already in love
  • Options
    feederfeeder Boise, ID Posts: 79
    JM18725 said:
    I might be interested in a trade.  I'm going with my dad for both nights (Section 115 for N1) but I'm not sure he would be able to hang in comfortably for GA, N2.  Fan 2 Fan might be an option?

My son and I are in Sec 115 for N2, if possible, I’d be willing to trade for GA.  I just don’t know if that is allowable?
    Ultimately, I would prefer Reserved for N1 and GA for N2 because my son has a baseball game on Saturday and we won’t be able to get there early for a decent spot.
    "Have we got a show for you??  No, it's a question!" EV 5/12/22
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    JM18725 said:

10c told me in the F2F sale you will not be able to choose the buyer.
    #FHP
  • Options
    12345against1-5512345against1-55 Posts: 3
    edited February 2020
    Post deleted.
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    12345against1-5512345against1-55 Posts: 3
    edited February 2020
    Post deleted. Please see the Posting Guidelines
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    BmoyaBmoya Posts: 100
    Looking to upgrade seats for both nights. Currently in Section 112 and 104, respectively. Please PM me if you have any seats you plan post in F2F to coordinate (and I'll pay it forward with mine to another 10Clubber). Thanks for looking.
  • Options
    I sat behind the stage for the first time for one of the LA shows in 2013 and it was great...wouldn't want to do it every time, of course, but seeing the band dynamics, the view of the crowd the band sees, it's really cool. Obviously the closer you are, the better, I think I was about 12 rows back in the section I was in on the first level, you'll be up in the second deck but I bet it will still be better than you may think.

You might have some obstructions at times depending on where the (non-drum/keys; ) band members wander, but I don't think they sell any seats where views are materially blocked (or at least if they do, they disclose it before you buy them and you usually get a discounted price at least).
    Thanks for the feedback! I totally get what you're saying and since this will be my first time sitting behind the stage, I'm actually looking forward to the experience. 

And I love your screen name btw! I was/am a BIG Black Crowes fan as well, especially back in their heyday when Marc Ford, Gorman and Eddie were still in the band. Unfortunately I won't be checking out the Black Crowes reunion tour as it feels like a pure money grab to me.

If they would've just called it what it really is, a Brothers of a Feather tour, I might have been more interested in going. But selling it off as the Black Crowes with a bunch of session musicians backing Chris & Rich feels like a sham to me. 
  • Options
    Anyone have thoughts on Emeryville? Hotels are cheaper and looks like a good middle point between Oakland and SF for exploring. 
    You should be good with booking something in Emeryville and it is centrally located between Oakland and SF. 
  • Options

Thanks for the feedback! I totally get what you're saying and since this will be my first time sitting behind the stage, I'm actually looking forward to the experience. 

And I love your screen name btw! I was/am a BIG Black Crowes fan as well, especially back in their heyday when Marc Ford, Gorman and Eddie were still in the band. Unfortunately I won't be checking out the Black Crowes reunion tour as it feels like a pure money grab to me.

If they would've just called it what it really is, a Brothers of a Feather tour, I might have been more interested in going. But selling it off as the Black Crowes with a bunch of session musicians backing Chris & Rich feels like a sham to me. 

(Somehow I got my cursor in here and can't get it out...sorry!

But yes, PJ and the Crowes are my two favorite bands! Of course their respective trajectories have been quite different, to say the least, though there were certainly some interesting parallels until about 1997. Though despite the hiatuses and breakups, the Crowes were always a lot easier to see live! And if you like the CRB - I know not everyone does, but I do - you've gotten a half dozen albums or so since the last PJ album!

Regarding this year's tour, I do think it's totally bogus in so many ways, but I might go only because my son, now 17, has never seen them, and I'd kind of like him to see the band that he knows I've seen dozens of times and has been such a favorite of mine. He was only 10 last time they toured and wasn't that into music, so now could be my only chance. The only thing I know for sure is if I do go, I'll buy tix on the secondary market (despite there being tons of good ones still available) so I don't put a dime of my own into their pockets to support this charade!

The only question is where he gets in/chooses to go to college; if he's on semester, he'll be gone before they get here, but if he's on quarters, then we'll be able to go. But the best thing is, no matter where he goes to college, he'll for sure still be here in April so will get to see PJ for the first time! (And I wan't have to preface it with a big talk about the lineup, the brothers issues, how lame it kind of is, etc...)
  • Options

(Somehow I got my cursor in here and can't get it out...sorry!

But yes, PJ and the Crowes are my two favorite bands! Of course their respective trajectories have been quite different, to say the least, though there were certainly some interesting parallels until about 1997. Though despite the hiatuses and breakups, the Crowes were always a lot easier to see live! And if you like the CRB - I know not everyone does, but I do - you've gotten a half dozen albums or so since the last PJ album!

Regarding this year's tour, I do think it's totally bogus in so many ways, but I might go only because my son, now 17, has never seen them, and I'd kind of like him to see the band that he knows I've seen dozens of times and has been such a favorite of mine. He was only 10 last time they toured and wasn't that into music, so now could be my only chance. The only thing I know for sure is if I do go, I'll buy tix on the secondary market (despite there being tons of good ones still available) so I don't put a dime of my own into their pockets to support this charade!

The only question is where he gets in/chooses to go to college; if he's on semester, he'll be gone before they get here, but if he's on quarters, then we'll be able to go. But the best thing is, no matter where he goes to college, he'll for sure still be here in April so will get to see PJ for the first time! (And I wan't have to preface it with a big talk about the lineup, the brothers issues, how lame it kind of is, etc...)
    CRB is great and I've caught them live on a few occasions as well as his earlier solo project, NEM. And I dig all of Rich's solo efforts but at the end of the day, the real magic happened when it was Chris & Rich along with Marc, Steve, Eddie(RIP) and Johnny/Sven making sweet music together. Too bad Chris had to go fuck it all up with his ego trips and controlling ways because that band was something special and should be right where Pearl Jam is now in their career. 

But good on ya for wanting to share the experience with your son, hopefully he can catch both shows with you! I'm taking my oldest daughter (13) to her third show overall this year in Oakland as well as I'll be taking my youngest (5) to her first ever concert, which also happens to be her bday. Now how cool of a story that will be to tell when she gets older!  B)
  • Options
    Hey, still reading through this thread, but so cool to see other folks hyped for these shows! I got GA both nights, I used to live in Oakland so I know the area well and if anyone needs advice on anything please let me know. I live in Sonoma County now, so I decided to splurge and get a room for both nights at the Marriott City Center in downtown Oakland. I've stayed there before and it's quite nice, and the BART station is literally outside the door. I hope to meet some of you, I'm open for getting drinks/food and exploring before and after the shows! 
  • Options
    Hey, still reading through this thread, but so cool to see other folks hyped for these shows! I got GA both nights, I used to live in Oakland so I know the area well and if anyone needs advice on anything please let me know. I live in Sonoma County now, so I decided to splurge and get a room for both nights at the Marriott City Center in downtown Oakland. I've stayed there before and it's quite nice, and the BART station is literally outside the door. I hope to meet some of you, I'm open for getting drinks/food and exploring before and after the shows! 
    Staying there myself.  I'm in!
  • Options
    Two good seats for Oakland N1 going up in 5 min.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,324
    Woo!! crossing fingers!
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,278
    Damn. Had them in the cart and it gave me an error. Grr