2020 tour commemorative tickets...

2»

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    MF117973 said:
    I liked these tickets. 
    I liked these tickets from when they parted ways with TM. Does anyone remember where we bought these tickets. I’m drawing a blank. 
    It was a 1800 number and they mailed them to us.  So cool! FT&T
    http://www.mtv.com/news/1433120/pearl-jam-tours-without-ticketmaster/

PEARL JAM TOURS WITHOUT TICKETMASTER

Sept. 20, 1996 -- Already back on tour is Pearl Jam, for the first time since its aborted, anti-Ticketmaster jaunt last year. The band launched a short American tour Monday night in its Seattle hometown, with a benefit gig for several local schools, including one attended by guitarist Stone Gossard and his sister. Once again, Pearl Jam is avoiding Ticketmaster, and using alternative agency FT&T, which worked on last year's tour, and is again using an intricate system of local phone numbers in each tour city. We were at Monday night's show -- which ran 2 1/2 hours -- and spoke with fans afterwards.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,688
    Right. I am sure I had to hit redial a million times. But the whole show was GA so any ticket was great. It was packed on the field. If I remember correctly people were pushing up front and Eddie told everyone to take a step back or they would stop playing. At least I think it was at that show. At this point some of the older shows I have seen are blurring together a bit. 
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    $10 for a fake ticket?

I guess this makes sense if you use play money to buy it 

• I gladly ordered the commemorative ticket, and it will go well with the poster I collect from the LA 2 show. It's only 10 bucks.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • rollings said:
    $10 for a fake ticket?

I guess this makes sense if you use play money to buy it 

It really isn't more arbitrary than buying a poster or a physical CD that hold digital music.  Physical tickets designated to a show can be meaningful to those who dig having a tangible representation 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,230
    I gladly ordered the commemorative ticket, and it will go well with the poster I collect from the LA 2 show. It's only 10 bucks.

Same! Just received the "Commemorative Tickets" email from Ticketstoday. :smile: