2020 Tour Ticket are safe tix and non tranferable.

2020 entire tour, non tranferable, and ticketmaster safe tix so cannot be resold, or screenshotted..

Comments

• PJlivePJlive Posts: 469
    not true If in NY or Colorado...
    9/1-9/2/2000 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    4/28/2003 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    5/3/2003 - Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA
    7/5-7/6/2003 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    7/13/2003 - Hershey Park, Hershey, PA
    10/1/2004 - Sovereign Center, Reading, PA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge, George, WA
    10/03/2005 - Wachovia Center, Phila, PA
    5/27-5/28/2006 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/16/2008 - Columbia, SC
    6/19-6/20/2008 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/24-6/25 - Madison Square Garden
    10/28-10/31/2008 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    9/22/2012 - MidTown, Atlanta, GA
    10/21-10/22 - Wells Fargo Center, Phila, PA
    10/30/2013 - Charlotte, NC
    04/21/2016 - Columbia, SC
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    Effed up for those of us without a smartphone. I have a cheap Tracfone for phone calls and a desk top computer for the internet.
    Not every fan can afford a smartphone.
    I've emailed both Ten Club and Ticketmaster to see if there is an alternative for others like me.
    I'll let you know if there is a solution.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239

To give fans the best chance to buy tickets at face value for this tour, Pearl Jam has decided that tickets will be mobile-only and strictly non-transferable, except in NY and CO where transferability is required by state law.

A special Ten Club presale begins today, January 13th, for eligible members only. Click here for more details.

Public tickets will be sold first through a presale powered by Ticketmaster Verified Fan. Click here for more details. 

For fans who are unable to use their tickets, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer North America’s first Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange, which will allow fans to resell their tickets for the price they paid (including all fees). The Fan-to Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange will launch on February 18.

www.cluthelee.com
  • btcs41btcs41 Posts: 26
    But:
    For fans that cannot use the tickets they have purchased, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange* beginning February 18. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,353
    I also do not have a smartphone and have inquired about this with the Ten Club.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    BF25394 said:
    Ten Club just emailed me their solution! "Maybe you can borrow a friend's or family member's smartphone." I'm serious, that's their answer. 
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    shecky said:
    BF25394 said:
    Ten Club just emailed me their solution! "Maybe you can borrow a friend's or family member's smartphone." I'm serious, that's their answer. 
    That honestly would have been my answer as well. 
  • shecky said:
    BF25394 said:
    Honestly, what do you want them to do? They can only account for so much and despite the fact that some people can't afford or don't use smartphones, we live in the age of the smartphone. It would seem to me that the easier solution here is something like that (borrow one) rather than try to figure out some kind of system that scalpers will exploit. 
  • mjaumenmjaumen Posts: 3
    edited January 2020
    I called and the rep said NY and CO shows would not be available to exchange. But it sounded like she wasn't sure of herself and just had some kind of script for reference.

It's confusing to me because the FAQ states that tickets are non-transferable except for NY and CO law, which requires transferability. But they won't be available for exchange on the Fan-To-Fan?
    Post edited by mjaumen on
    Philadelphia 2 - October 2013
    Philadelphia 1 - April 2016
    Philadelphia 2 - April 2016
    Boston 1 - September 2018
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    shecky said:
    BF25394 said:

That's a bummer. In 2018 they were able to print up a ticket at the 10C window.

Are the tix sent to email, phone number, or both?

I have an ipod, but wifi connection isn't guaranteed on the spot.
  • ceska said:
    shecky said:
    BF25394 said:

You should be able to download them to your device so WiFi wouldn't be an issue.
  • ceska said:
    shecky said:
    BF25394 said:

My guess is it'll require use of the TicketMaster app with access to the internet, since the code updates every few seconds to avoid counterfeiting/screenshots.
    Philadelphia 2 - October 2013
    Philadelphia 1 - April 2016
    Philadelphia 2 - April 2016
    Boston 1 - September 2018
    shecky said:
    BF25394 said:
    Honestly, what do you want them to do? They can only account for so much and despite the fact that some people can't afford or don't use smartphones, we live in the age of the smartphone. It would seem to me that the easier solution here is something like that (borrow one) rather than try to figure out some kind of system that scalpers will exploit. 
    Seeing as I've been a Ten Club member since 2000 I thought maybe they could do something. No problem, the money I will save on a ticket will buy me three posters from the shop in a few months! I forget the concert a few days later anyway and posters last forever!
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,150
    Mobile tix are great, but they should allow them to be printed for those without phones, or for people who dont want to use their phone to scan in at an arena.  I think it's goofy they don't allow transfers.  How many poor saps are going to be waiting outside for their friend to get off work when they could have been spending valuable time in the merch lines.  MADNESS! 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    edited January 2020
    My interpretation is:

TenClub tickets are non transferable as in you cannot transfer them to any random person.

However, starting in February, you may transfer the ticket, but only to another verified 10c Member with face value payment over the app.  These transactions will also be monitored.  

So:
    Non- Transferable in the traditional sense, but transferable within the 10club

And the ticket buddy comment I think they’re assuming the buddy isn’t in the 10c. So they would have to enter with you since you can’t transfer to a non-10c member
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • TremormanTremorman Posts: 385
    shecky said:
    BF25394 said:

I'm in the same boat.  For the '18 Fenway show I went to with 10C tix, 10C allowed for non smartphone ticket holders to go to the will call window with their ticket info and an ID to pick up a paper ticket.  Would be a bummer if they didn't allow that solution this time.  I can understand the intent of the policy but to use a "friend's phone" seems like it would open itself up to a 10C member selling off their ticket access.

And to go out and get a phone for the show seems to fly in the face of the album artwork messaging. 

• Tremorman said:
    shecky said:
    BF25394 said:

I'm in the same boat.  For the '18 Fenway show I went to with 10C tix, 10C allowed for non smartphone ticket holders to go to the will call window with their ticket info and an ID to pick up a paper ticket.  Would be a bummer if they didn't allow that solution this time.  I can understand the intent of the policy but to use a "friend's phone" seems like it would open itself up to a 10C member selling off their ticket access.

And to go out and get a phone for the show seems to fly in the face of the album artwork messaging. 

Nobody has to go and buy a phone - in the upcoming months just see if any friend or family member has an old phone laying around - I am sure someone does considering most people get new phones every few years and likely many still have old ones

You can also even borrow an iPod touch - really anything with a screen and wifi

It sucks, however especially in 2020 there are many things people cannot do without smartphones so that will be the price to pay.  But it is certainly an easy workaround if you do the above in the upcoming months
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,353
    shecky said:
    BF25394 said:
    What do I want them to do?  Venues routinely print tickets for shows that are otherwise Mobile Entry.  They don't have to do anything they don't already do.  I just did this for an NHL game.  I picked up the ticket at will call the night of the game.  Easy.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    My interpretation is:

TenClub tickets are non transferable as in you cannot transfer them to any random person.

However, starting in February, you may transfer the ticket, but only to another verified 10c Member with face value payment over the app.  These transactions will also be monitored.  

So:

And the ticket buddy comment I think they’re assuming the buddy isn’t in the 10c. So they would have to enter with you since you can’t transfer to a non-10c member
    The question here is do you get to choose your buyer?  If yes, then this system will be abused to no end.  If no (it goes to the next 10C on a waitlist or something) then it could work.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    btcs41 said:
    But:
    For fans that cannot use the tickets they have purchased, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange* beginning February 18. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.
    This!
    Sounds like if you have an extra, you'll at least get your money back.
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    My interpretation is:

So:

The question here is do you get to choose your buyer?  If yes, then this system will be abused to no end.  If no (it goes to the next 10C on a waitlist or something) then it could work.

Agreed 100%. Anonymity here is key in this fan-to-fan exchange working. 
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    Would also hope there is some sort of priority given for ten clubbers who didn’t get lucky in the tickets they went for in the lottery. 
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    PJammin said:
    Would also hope there is some sort of priority given for ten clubbers who didn’t get lucky in the tickets they went for in the lottery. 
    Well, 10C only should be a given.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    PJammin said:
    My interpretation is:

So:

Agreed 100%. Anonymity here is key in this fan-to-fan exchange working. 
    Agreed, this would be good to know 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 547
    edited January 2020
    Exciting day!  I have a question.  Say I get 2 tickets and cannot make the show.  Can I sell both my Ten Club ticket and my guest Ten Club ticket for face value via the Exchange or only the guest ticket and I must eat my Ten Club ticket?  This would help me decide on what shows I pick knowing that if I can't make it to Quebec I can at least sell both tickets for face value and help someone else out at the same time.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    mjaumen said:
    My guess is it'll require use of the TicketMaster app with access to the internet, since the code updates every few seconds to avoid counterfeiting/screenshots.
    It wouldn't have necessarily have to be connected if they use a known algorithm/PRNG etc.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Exciting day!  I have a question.  Say I get 2 tickets and cannot make the show.  Can I sell both my Ten Club ticket and my guest Ten Club ticket for face value via the Exchange or only the guest ticket and I must eat my Ten Club ticket?  This would help me decide on what shows I pick knowing that if I can't make it to Quebec I can at least sell both tickets for face value and help someone else out at the same time.
    I get this and no offence but if people can put in for shows that they are not sure they can go to and then have a free way to get rid of both tickets this whole lotto is going to be broken imo. They can warn people as much as they want to only put in for what you know you can go to but if they hand you a get out of jail free card in the end that warning is useless. Unless I am reading this wrong. 
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Pretty sure you can unload both, but I could be wrong.
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,407
    PJNB said:
    I get this and no offence but if people can put in for shows that they are not sure they can go to and then have a free way to get rid of both tickets this whole lotto is going to be broken imo. They can warn people as much as they want to only put in for what you know you can go to but if they hand you a get out of jail free card in the end that warning is useless. Unless I am reading this wrong. 
    Can only unload one I believe
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Good point above with the get out of jail free card. My thought is that they also need to hide seat locations.  It may sound crazy, but the folks with high numbers trying to sell their seats which won’t be great seats will simply just get stuck with their tix because no one would buy them or they’d wait for better ones.  With that said it seems to me that it has to be anonymous, as in it would just say “2 tickets reserved.”  Sounds insane to think about but does that make sense?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.