Great Reveal / Marketing!

2»

Comments

• Fuck. That heartbeat Pearl Jam is now a tatoo
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I was also thinking 11 for we are in the 11th Hour. In other words, fucked!
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 796
    edited January 2020
    I was also thinking 11 for we are in the 11th Hour. In other words, fucked!
     Interesting insight.  11 days until album release?  That would be a cool way to roll...or 11 ‘lens’ reveals of song snippets...also could be enticing.  Me, I love the code stuff.  So much better than just plopping the album down.  Makes us work for it and put some thought into something the band obviously put a lot of thought into
    Post edited by mdgsolo on
  • southpsouthp Posts: 294
    I thought this was awesome intrigue to whet our appetite. Yeah I’m in my 40s and didn’t quite understand what an Instagram lens filter is but I read up and appreciated the community here sharing the details. Excitement building!! 
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I don't agree because I don't understand it all. Just tell me what you're going to tell me. I'm a grown ass woman. I don't need these games.
    You dont need to do anything.   You just had to wait until someone else figured it out, and they did. 
    Well, I read some of that thread, and I still don't understand it. I'm not gonna lie. Glad everyone else is enjoying themselves. 
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I don't agree because I don't understand it all. Just tell me what you're going to tell me. I'm a grown ass woman. I don't need these games.
    You dont need to do anything.   You just had to wait until someone else figured it out, and they did. 
    Well, I read some of that thread, and I still don't understand it. I'm not gonna lie. Glad everyone else is enjoying themselves. 
    For giggles -- when I clicked on the New York flame/Google Map, I saw the Five Guys on the corner and thought, "Oh, look, there's five guys in Pearl Jam." That's as far as I got myself.
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054

For giggles -- when I clicked on the New York flame/Google Map, I saw the Five Guys on the corner and thought, "Oh, look, there's five guys in Pearl Jam." That's as far as I got myself.
    :lol:
  • Vedd Hedd said:
    It is just a bit of fun to get people talking about the album, it really is as simple as getting a little buzz around he album!
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,446
    My one cent... "Art Imitates Life..." - Wilde

The profound art is see in this reveal is that no matter where in the world you are, who you are, what you see, we can share the same vision, the same point in time, Mother Earth...

PearlJam unification.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    mdgsolo said:
    11 is one louder, you know..
    Why don't you just make ten louder?
  • eddiec said:
    mdgsolo said:
    11 is one louder, you know..
    Why don't you just make ten louder?
    Pause "these go to 11"
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    This will all be a lot of fun for a lot of fans, and that is cool. 

I'm also thankful others figured it all out, as I wouldnt have. It doesnt mean I'm any less excited or negative about the upcoming new material. I can't wait in fact. But I'm not a huge fan of all the social media stuff these days and will be looking forward to the actual news with bated breathe. 

Respect to the band however for using their position to highlight important issues facing the world, and mobilising their fanbase around that through use of social media......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    pdalowsky said:
    This will all be a lot of fun for a lot of fans, and that is cool. 

I'm also thankful others figured it all out, as I wouldnt have. It doesnt mean I'm any less excited or negative about the upcoming new material. I can't wait in fact. But I'm not a huge fan of all the social media stuff these days and will be looking forward to the actual news with bated breathe. 

Respect to the band however for using their position to highlight important issues facing the world, and mobilising their fanbase around that through use of social media......
    Agreed. If this marketing is not for you that is fine and it is not forced. We are all going to hear the music together at the same time and if this is fun for some great for them. The new music and tour has me pumped!