DOWNING STADIUM 9/28-29

Wife was rummaging thru the basement and found these.
TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
www.UNOS.org
Donate Organs and Save a Life

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,675

The plea for public transportation/carpooling was spot on.

Worst traffic I've ever experienced leaving that place.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    This is great. Also love the handle, Hollis Brown. A tribute to Dylan or the band from Queens?
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    edited December 2019
    Dylan. I get goose bumps when they cover him. 
    Post edited by HollisBrown on
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Poncier said:

The plea for public transportation/carpooling was spot on.

Worst traffic I've ever experienced leaving that place.

My wife and I took our boys to the Saturday show. The rain was too much for my wife, we had to leave during Indifference. We got the last bus off the island. 
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,007
    Nice find, good times. Didnt know how great back then.
    Got crushed up front then watched show from the back. 
    Our 2 boys wanted to go down to the pit. We put that idea to rest.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,007
    Yeah. Wasnt crazy. Just packed with people pushhhing and I still remember feeling my ribcage getting squashed. Mayyybee could have stuck it out but chose otherwise. Made it a little passed Animal...
  • That Saturday was my first PJ show, age 18.  Drove straight thru the night before from Charlotte.  Driving in NYC scared the crap out of me at that age.  The idea to do such an impulsive thing entered my head about 24 hrs beforehand.  It was a very intense, vivid experience, that is still with me.  Had never been in a mosh pit before.  Also, was my introduction to Ben Harper.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,113
    Great memories and experiences. almost dying in the front. John popper. The rain. Car almost getting stuck trying to get out of the mud in the parking lot. The fake shirt bootleggers harassing you with their trash bags full of tie dye no code shirts...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,397
    I wish I took photos of night 2.  Such an incredible night.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,199
    My favorite 2 night stand!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,944
    I was there for night two... my first show and it exceeded my expectations x100.  I remember I had an all day training the next day at work and could barely keep my eyes open.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    2nd show is in my top five and probably top five speeches. We did as They advised took public transportation and instead of waiting for the buses to go back a bunch of us just walked across the bridge into Spanish Harlem and took a cab It was fairly easy.

If anybody has that yet to listen to the entire show I hope that you do one day. Eddie had a lot to say back then
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    We walked across the bridge, all the way to the subway.  First time in NYC, and I was so young.  Too naive to fear for my safety!  Haha!!
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Great memories and experiences. almost dying in the front. John popper. The rain. Car almost getting stuck trying to get out of the mud in the parking lot. The fake shirt bootleggers harassing you with their trash bags full of tie dye no code shirts...
    On the way out of night one my brother started yelling "get your flaming head of eddie t-shirts" at the clowns selling those.

Popper on even flow was flat out awesome.  Would kill for them to release night one, all the audience tapes are a disaster due to the rain.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,944
    You are somebody!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Fucking relax! With all due respect thank you.  
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Last night was a little highly charged.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Was 16, crowd surfed and went nuts in the pit all night until they pushed me over the barricade up front.  Then I’d go back through the crowd and do it again. All night.  Sorry to the lady I knocked out when they threw me up on the top and I came down on your head- you had to be carried out.  Meant no harm.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    Cleaning out the garage, I came across these articles. Also, see if you’re in the pic of the crowd.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Oh my god I just found me!!!! Awesome. 
    Damn I just read the date of the newspaper, I was at night 2.  Freaking spitting image of what I looked like at 18.