A Holiday message from Given To Live.

IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
Because Everyone Matters.

We want to say to those who are struggling at this time of year...you still matter. You matter to us at Given To Live and there will be others, even in we’re in a darkness so deep we don’t believe it’s possible. 

Perhaps this is the time of year a loved one died and the merry is still to return as grief rises again. Maybe you’re someone dreading time to yourself as this is a Christmas alone for you...or you sleep rough and ache for warmth. 

Supposedly a family time maybe you’re dreading time with a family that won’t admit to abuse and you smile within a betrayed heart. Or there is no family left and you dearly wish there was. A first Christmas without the love of your life. 

Everywhere surrounded by messages to be happy, give with abandon often advertised in a way that says the more you give, the more you love. A time of financial pressure for many. A lost job and children expecting, how hard to say no for so many. 

Depression, self harming on the ‘happiest’ day of the year. A needle washing it all away for a moment before shame descends.

Nowhere to escape an abusive relationship, tied into happy families. Escape you’re biggest Christmas wish long after you stopped believing wishes can come true. 

Wishes can come true. Sometimes with more courage needed than you believed you have. 

For everyone struggling today, tomorrow, everyday...you’re not forgotten. You still matter. To us, and forgotten others. 

And if you’re really sick of it we’ve pinched a little Christmas sucks from Pearl Jam because after all, we are a live music nonprofit inspired by many personal struggles and experiences and Pearl Jam was the band that comforted...

Don’t Believe In Christmas 

#BecauseYouMatter
Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.

Comments

• Perfect message  tom.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Posts: 2,340
    Great message, Tom!  Thank you for all you have and will do to help others.  I'm proud to call you my friend and be a part of the PJ community with you.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Great message. Thank you.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Such a great cause.  Keep up the good work!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Well done, Tom! Merry Christmas!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • On point for so many, good on ya Tom.  
    Almost makes up for the beating you put on my team in the semis.  ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    On point for so many, good on ya Tom.  
    Almost makes up for the beating you put on my team in the semis.  ;)
    Thank you:) 

And sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do;)
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Great message, Tom!  Thank you for all you have and will do to help others.  I'm proud to call you my friend and be a part of the PJ community with you.
    Thank you:)))) 

And to think, Given To Live got born on that whole trip in ‘13. That first encore in Phoenix...has there been better?!? 
    Given To Live -

• manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,085
    Excellent message and completely agree. I see everyone out being happy and I feel like I'm fake smiling my way through it all. I'm good though, I've got my boy who keeps me straight. We're having gourmet shit for dinner the next 2 days.

Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
    Excellent message and completely agree. I see everyone out being happy and I feel like I'm fake smiling my way through it all. I'm good though, I've got my boy who keeps me straight. We're having gourmet shit for dinner the next 2 days.

Enjoy the multiple gourmet meals, both of you.
    Given To Live -