Options

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

24th today, Christmas Eve when we celebrate.

This is how we celebrate according to Ingmar Bergman:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    edited December 2019
    That is just the kind of dress I’m wearing today! 
    Merry Christmas und frohe Weihnachten  🎄 
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Merry Christmas to you and Agnes
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Merry Christmas to you and Agnes

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Santa is well on his way....Happy Christmas to all 🎄
    Official NORAD Santa Tracker
    https://www.noradsanta.org/embed.html
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    Does Germany celebrate on the 24th or the MORE BORING 25th?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    JPPJ84 said:
    Does Germany celebrate on the 24th or the MORE BORING 25th?
    Today! Just decorated the Christmas tree and in a few hours the fun can begin. What’s boring about the 25th though?! Christmas is never boring :smile:
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Merry Christmas.  Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year
  • Options
    What ? So you give gifts on 24th. What happens 25th?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    Merry Christmas.  Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year
    +1
  • Options
    nothing/eating leftovers/meeting relatives. 

its a day off anyhow
  • Options
    Food, lots of food! We have roast duck on the 25th and rabbit on the 26th. My grandparents visit. More food.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,939
    edited December 2019
    JPPJ84 said:
    Food, lots of food! We have roast duck on the 25th and rabbit on the 26th. My grandparents visit. More food.
    I love the  sound of this. Food sounds amazing. Defo S_C does not have duck and rabbit. I would love that though.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    I love the  sound of this. Food sounds amazing. Defo S_C does not have duck and rabbit. I would love that though.
    ”we” used to eat on the 25, 26 or 27 *googling*

lutfisk (Swedishpronounced [ˇlʉːtfɪsk] in Sweden and FinlandFinnish: lipeäkala [ˈlipeæˌkɑlɑ]) is a traditional dish of some Nordic countries. It is traditionally part of the Christmas feast: the Norwegian julebord and Swedish julbord, as well as the similar Finnish joulupöytä.

It is made from aged stockfish (air-dried whitefish), or dried and salted whitefish (klippfisk), and lye (lut). It is gelatinous in texture. Its name literally means 'lye fish'.

• Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    What do you have for Christmas? Turkey? Pudding? I like the English pudding! 
  • Options
    Stockfish is weird, I saw them being dried in Norway... ok this is just the heads...

• Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    What do you have for Christmas? Turkey? Pudding? I like the English pudding! 
    Traditionally  turkey. And christmas pudding yes. But im with an italian lady and they  have lasagne.  Tons of different  meats in it. Ive never seen anything like it. I stay home and have a normal  day now. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    Merry Christmas everyone!! Steak and lobster tonight and then all kinds of Italian food tomorrow.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Since the 70s in my family there’s been a massive Christmas Eve party.  Obviously its not held at my grandparents house anymore but the tradition carries on at an Aunt’s house.  We cant make it up there this year but im sure it will be fun.  

Tonight is a huge assortment of food that my wife has been making all day.  Tomorrow is smoked salmon and eggs for breakfast as per tradition up there lol.  
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,499
    Merry Chirstmas!!
    Family lunch, day off, finally gonna see Irishman and then NBA..
    Have a great red wine, graviera with truffle and lot of desserts..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Merry Christmas, everyone! Hope you all have a great day!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,911
    Merry Christmas!  Happy Hanukkah! Joyous Festivus! Wondrous Wednesday!

however and whatever you celebrate (or not) be safe.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    I posted this in another thread but its such an amazing Christmas story.  Happened over Christmas 75 years ago.  

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,145
    Merry Christmas

had 7 fish Xmas eve dinner, lobster at the end  @ my sisters last night

today all kinds of pasta, stuffed mushrooms, prosciutto, cheese, prime Rib Roast, lamb chops, cevapi (Croatian Meat Links)... way too much food.

hope everyone has a great holiday
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    My day started at 4:15 AM. My daughter wanted to tell me that she wanted me to open her gift she got for me before I opened my stocking. 

Okay. 

Then, since my husband fell asleep on the couch, she pulled the blankets back on his side, climbed in and fell asleep. I fell asleep after a bit and awoke to her reaching out to hold my hand. 

She woke me up at 5 AM to tell me she wanted to put her Christmas gifts out. "K, hang on."

5:45 AM, she heard my husband up, went and put her stuff out then he told her to go back to bed. 

7 AM she came to tell me it was time to get up. 

You see, she is 16. I think she sees her years of youth quickly slipping away. She was just trying to treasure every moment. I wanted to allow her to do that. We are glad that she wants to do that. 

That was the best gift ever. Loved to see her still so very excited to give as well as receive. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    Awesome stuff 👍
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,911
    Merry Christmas 🎄 to all who celebrate the day and to those who do not.  Sending warm thoughts and good vibes out, especially to those who are alone or unable to be with family this year.  

May 2021 hold a brighter future for all of us.  May this past year, and the lessons that we learned, allow us all to be kinder to each other.  You never know what someone is going through.  To those of us who have lost family and friends during this past year, I hope that their memory will be a blessing.

Cheers,

S. 
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Merry Christmas to everyone on this thread, anyone reading this, not forgetting @brianlux @GlowGirl @lastexitlondon @deadendp xxxx