Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

New PJ book....

13»

Comments

• KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stagePosts: 1,148
    Does it have a lot of photos?  Trying to decide between Kindle and Hardcover.  Thanks!
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine. I am mine.
  • KV4053 said:
    Does it have a lot of photos?  Trying to decide between Kindle and Hardcover.  Thanks!
    Not many no
  • demetrios said:

Chapters seems to have it only in Ebook...  Anxious to have it for real !
    Given to fly, I am mine, thus released...
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 64,122
    edited October 2020
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 64,122
    Thanks Ronen! :)

• KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stagePosts: 1,148
    Nice!
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine. I am mine.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 10,784
    Am I the only one who thinks this kind of sucks? I’m about a third through it and all I get out of it so far is a lot of pointing out Ed’s bad behavior and bitching about certain songs.  Im fairness I pretty much think anyone who says “I hope I never hear...insert song name” is a pretentious dbag so reading that about Alive early in the book started me off on the wrong foot. I mean if I wanted to read comments putting down Ed’s behavior and Ten I’d pull up comments from Billy Corgan
  • I agree with pjhawks 100%!
  • ComeToTXComeToTX AustinPosts: 6,311
    i quit after 60 pages.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • I’m on page 90 and am trying (struggling) to push through

I feel like - so far anyway - it’s a collection of little hot takes off stuff that’s already been reported or could be found quickly with simple Google searches. 

I want something new, and I don’t think I’ll find it in here. 

But that’s me. 

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon HeadstoniaPosts: 24,802
    pjhawks said:
    Am I the only one who thinks this kind of sucks? I’m about a third through it and all I get out of it so far is a lot of pointing out Ed’s bad behavior and bitching about certain songs.  Im fairness I pretty much think anyone who says “I hope I never hear...insert song name” is a pretentious dbag so reading that about Alive early in the book started me off on the wrong foot. I mean if I wanted to read comments putting down Ed’s behavior and Ten I’d pull up comments from Billy Corgan
    Owl Jam said:
    I agree with pjhawks 100%!
    ComeToTX said:
    i quit after 60 pages.
    I’m on page 90 and am trying (struggling) to push through

I feel like - so far anyway - it’s a collection of little hot takes off stuff that’s already been reported or could be found quickly with simple Google searches. 

But that’s me. 

thanks for confirming my fears. 
    1993 - Gimli, MB (Sun/Mudfest)
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Minneapolis, MN (EV)
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON
  • PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NCPosts: 265
    Damn. I picked it up a couple of days ago but still have a couple of books ahead of it to read. My local book store had one copy and that they had it, I decided to just buy it without waiting for more reviews. Still excited to start it and then we'll see..
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 11,301
    pjhawks said:
    Owl Jam said:
    I agree with pjhawks 100%!
    ComeToTX said:
    i quit after 60 pages.
    I’m on page 90 and am trying (struggling) to push through

But that’s me. 

thanks for confirming my fears. 

Same...I had these feelings very early but thought I was alone.  It's just not a good book.
    Remember the Thomas Nine!! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
    2020: Oakland1, Oakland2
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY AustraliaPosts: 824
    Not sure if the "author" is actually a fan. Goes off track way to much, bags out more songs than he likes & says GTF is not a good song & then compares it to Celine Dion. Put it down after that & going in the bin & the worst $33 I have spent in my life. 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon HeadstoniaPosts: 24,802
    BALLBOY said:
    Not sure if the "author" is actually a fan. Goes off track way to much, bags out more songs than he likes & says GTF is not a good song & then compares it to Celine Dion. Put it down after that & going in the bin & the worst $33 I have spent in my life. 
    yikes. LOL
    1993 - Gimli, MB (Sun/Mudfest)
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Minneapolis, MN (EV)
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON