Death Metal Black Metal UNDERGROUND Metal Discussion Thread

2»

Comments

• lexicondevillexicondevil Bay AreaPosts: 1,098
    mickeyrat said:
    my stepdaughters boyfriend received cattle decapitation from me for xmas.

record shop said they cant keep them in stock?

early 90s lived in tampa. Obituarys road manager/roadie Brian "Big Daddy" (cant recall last name, I killed an awful lot of brain cells....)did lawn maintenance off tour. worked with him. told road stories of the shit they did to entertain themselves.
    There's a good Xmas gift.
    Got to see Obituary with Abbath last year. Epic show.
    Being in Florida, did you ever get to see Death? Bummed that I wasn't really into their music back then. 
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 18,365
    mickeyrat said:
    my stepdaughters boyfriend received cattle decapitation from me for xmas.

record shop said they cant keep them in stock?

early 90s lived in tampa. Obituarys road manager/roadie Brian "Big Daddy" (cant recall last name, I killed an awful lot of brain cells....)did lawn maintenance off tour. worked with him. told road stories of the shit they did to entertain themselves.
    There's a good Xmas gift.
    Got to see Obituary with Abbath last year. Epic show.
    Being in Florida, did you ever get to see Death? Bummed that I wasn't really into their music back then. 
    wasnt my scene. still isnt.  but havent really explored either.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,061
    Is anyone else going to Decibel's Metal & Beer Fest in Philly on April 3 and 4?  It features Converge, Napalm Death, and Pig Destroyer all doing special sets in which they play one (2 in the case of NP) of their albums front to back.  The festival also includes 11 other metal bands over the 2 days.  There will also be craft breweries and a craft meadery for folks to enjoy.  I already have my tickets.  See more info at the link below.

You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,061
    Elder is one of my favorite bands these days.  Their new album comes out in April and they are touring in May.  I bought a ticket to the tour opener in Brooklyn on May 6.  More info at the link below.

You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 24,225
    Yefa said:
    Is anyone else going to Decibel's Metal & Beer Fest in Philly on April 3 and 4?  It features Converge, Napalm Death, and Pig Destroyer all doing special sets in which they play one (2 in the case of NP) of their albums front to back.  The festival also includes 11 other metal bands over the 2 days.  There will also be craft breweries and a craft meadery for folks to enjoy.  I already have my tickets.  See more info at the link below.

That looks fun as hell.  I'd go just for Converge.  If they did the Jane Doe album I would be really happy.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 24,225
    Yefa said:

That looks fun as hell.  I'd go just for Converge.  If they did the Jane Doe album I would be really happy.
    Just read that they are doing Jane Doe!  Will see if I can make this!
    Yefa said:

Can't do it this time, but I need to make it to this one day. My buddy goes every year. Would have loved to have been there when Panopticon played.
    Yefa said:
    Elder is one of my favorite bands these days.  Their new album comes out in April and they are touring in May.  I bought a ticket to the tour opener in Brooklyn on May 6.  More info at the link below.

Funny, I was just listening to Elder the other day and wondering why I don't listen to them more. They seem like a good band to see live.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
  • toolietoolie Posts: 228
    Yefa said:

Thanks! I’d never heard Elder before, they are awesome! Love their early stuff. I’m on my second go of Dead Roots Stirring 🤘
    Hey Metalheads check out Third Chamber, a new band from Calgary. They have a 5 song EP out called Harvesting our Decay (it's on Spotify). Metal with hardcore undertones. Dig it.
    toolie said:
    Hey Metalheads check out Third Chamber, a new band from Calgary. They have a 5 song EP out called Harvesting our Decay (it's on Spotify). Metal with hardcore undertones. Dig it.
    Cool. No vinyl though.

This new album by Skeleton is flying under the radar. Good stuff with a lot going on. Maybe black death?

toolie said:
    Cool. No vinyl though.

No not yet. Hopefully they come out with a full length this year. I ordered the tape cause I’m a music nerd and my garage is analog only. 
    Death metal classic!

New Florida death thrash. Vinyl is limited to only 250 copies. Intoxicated.
    https://intoxicatedflorida.bandcamp.com/releases