Options

Death Metal Black Metal UNDERGROUND Metal Discussion Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,883
    mickeyrat said:
    my stepdaughters boyfriend received cattle decapitation from me for xmas.

record shop said they cant keep them in stock?

early 90s lived in tampa. Obituarys road manager/roadie Brian "Big Daddy" (cant recall last name, I killed an awful lot of brain cells....)did lawn maintenance off tour. worked with him. told road stories of the shit they did to entertain themselves.
    There's a good Xmas gift.
    Got to see Obituary with Abbath last year. Epic show.
    Being in Florida, did you ever get to see Death? Bummed that I wasn't really into their music back then. 
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    mickeyrat said:
    my stepdaughters boyfriend received cattle decapitation from me for xmas.

record shop said they cant keep them in stock?

early 90s lived in tampa. Obituarys road manager/roadie Brian "Big Daddy" (cant recall last name, I killed an awful lot of brain cells....)did lawn maintenance off tour. worked with him. told road stories of the shit they did to entertain themselves.
    There's a good Xmas gift.
    Got to see Obituary with Abbath last year. Epic show.
    Being in Florida, did you ever get to see Death? Bummed that I wasn't really into their music back then. 
    wasnt my scene. still isnt.  but havent really explored either.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Is anyone else going to Decibel's Metal & Beer Fest in Philly on April 3 and 4?  It features Converge, Napalm Death, and Pig Destroyer all doing special sets in which they play one (2 in the case of NP) of their albums front to back.  The festival also includes 11 other metal bands over the 2 days.  There will also be craft breweries and a craft meadery for folks to enjoy.  I already have my tickets.  See more info at the link below.

You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Elder is one of my favorite bands these days.  Their new album comes out in April and they are touring in May.  I bought a ticket to the tour opener in Brooklyn on May 6.  More info at the link below.

You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    Yefa said:
    Is anyone else going to Decibel's Metal & Beer Fest in Philly on April 3 and 4?  It features Converge, Napalm Death, and Pig Destroyer all doing special sets in which they play one (2 in the case of NP) of their albums front to back.  The festival also includes 11 other metal bands over the 2 days.  There will also be craft breweries and a craft meadery for folks to enjoy.  I already have my tickets.  See more info at the link below.

That looks fun as hell.  I'd go just for Converge.  If they did the Jane Doe album I would be really happy.
  • Options
    Yefa said:

That looks fun as hell.  I'd go just for Converge.  If they did the Jane Doe album I would be really happy.
    Just read that they are doing Jane Doe!  Will see if I can make this!
  • Options
    Yefa said:

Can't do it this time, but I need to make it to this one day. My buddy goes every year. Would have loved to have been there when Panopticon played.
    Yefa said:
    Elder is one of my favorite bands these days.  Their new album comes out in April and they are touring in May.  I bought a ticket to the tour opener in Brooklyn on May 6.  More info at the link below.

Funny, I was just listening to Elder the other day and wondering why I don't listen to them more. They seem like a good band to see live.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Yefa said:

Thanks! I’d never heard Elder before, they are awesome! Love their early stuff. I’m on my second go of Dead Roots Stirring 🤘
  • Options
    Hey Metalheads check out Third Chamber, a new band from Calgary. They have a 5 song EP out called Harvesting our Decay (it's on Spotify). Metal with hardcore undertones. Dig it.
  • Options
    toolie said:
    Hey Metalheads check out Third Chamber, a new band from Calgary. They have a 5 song EP out called Harvesting our Decay (it's on Spotify). Metal with hardcore undertones. Dig it.
    Cool. No vinyl though.

2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    This new album by Skeleton is flying under the radar. Good stuff with a lot going on. Maybe black death?

https://youtu.be/Lpg2-4CzeXg
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    toolie said:
    Cool. No vinyl though.

No not yet. Hopefully they come out with a full length this year. I ordered the tape cause I’m a music nerd and my garage is analog only. 
  • Options
    Death metal classic!

https://youtu.be/6mfvSSl9L9M
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    New Florida death thrash. Vinyl is limited to only 250 copies. Intoxicated.
    https://intoxicatedflorida.bandcamp.com/releases

https://youtu.be/LI57sS9nQZQ

2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    MarieowMarieow San Francisco Posts: 73
    It's been a few years since anyone posted in this thread, so this may be completely dormant. But just in case, I'm going to all 9 dates on the PJ tour, but I'm hoping to catch a metal show if I can in any city. I know of Reggie's in Chicago. I've seen Demilich while I was there last year for a Salesforce Conference, and Batushka and The Chasm while I was in town for PJ in 2018 (I couldn't have asked for better timing on that one!).  Anyone know where to catch underground metal in Ft. Worth, Indianapolis, St. Paul or Austin? 

BTW, I just saw Carcass last night in Berkeley. They are one of my favorite bands to watch live. 
    San Jose, California (October 30, 1993), San Francisco, California (June 24, 1995), San Jose, California (November 04, 1995), Mountain View, California (October 30, 1999), Mountain View, California (October 31, 2000), Mountain View, California (October 20, 2001), Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001), Mountain View, California (June 01, 2003),San Diego, California (June 05, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 25, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 26, 2003), Kissimmee, Florida (October 08, 2004), San Francisco, California (July 15, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 16, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 18, 2006),  Mountain View, California (October 21, 2006), Mountain View, California (October 22, 2006), San Francisco, California (August 28, 2009), Mountain View, California (October 23, 2010), Mountain View, California (October 24, 2010), Vancouver, British Columbia (September 25, 2011), Oakland, CA (November 26, 2013), Mountain View, CA (October 25, 2014), Mountain View, CA (October 26, 2014), Chicago Night 1 (August 18, 2018), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Ohana Festival (September 25, 2021), Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 01, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 02, 2021), Los Angeles (May 07, 2022), Oakland (May 12, 2022), Oakland (May 13, 2022), Fresno (May 16, 2022), St Paul (August 31, 2023), St Paul (September 02, 2023), Chicago (September 05, 2023), Chicago (September 07, 2023), Ft Worth (September 13, 2023), Ft Worth (September 15, 2023), Austin (September 19, 2023), Austin (September 18, 2023)
  • Options
    Wanted to hit up the Carcass show. Did you get to see Creeping Death? I'm sure that Municipal Waste killed it.
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Wanted to hit up the Carcass show. Did you get to see Creeping Death? I'm sure that Municipal Waste killed it.
    The show was the same day as the NBA finals, so my bf and I showed up in the middle of Municipal Waste. They always put on a fun show. Creeping Death is playing in San Francisco in June, so I'll see them then. 
    San Jose, California (October 30, 1993), San Francisco, California (June 24, 1995), San Jose, California (November 04, 1995), Mountain View, California (October 30, 1999), Mountain View, California (October 31, 2000), Mountain View, California (October 20, 2001), Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001), Mountain View, California (June 01, 2003),San Diego, California (June 05, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 25, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 26, 2003), Kissimmee, Florida (October 08, 2004), San Francisco, California (July 15, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 16, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 18, 2006),  Mountain View, California (October 21, 2006), Mountain View, California (October 22, 2006), San Francisco, California (August 28, 2009), Mountain View, California (October 23, 2010), Mountain View, California (October 24, 2010), Vancouver, British Columbia (September 25, 2011), Oakland, CA (November 26, 2013), Mountain View, CA (October 25, 2014), Mountain View, CA (October 26, 2014), Chicago Night 1 (August 18, 2018), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Ohana Festival (September 25, 2021), Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 01, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 02, 2021), Los Angeles (May 07, 2022), Oakland (May 12, 2022), Oakland (May 13, 2022), Fresno (May 16, 2022), St Paul (August 31, 2023), St Paul (September 02, 2023), Chicago (September 05, 2023), Chicago (September 07, 2023), Ft Worth (September 13, 2023), Ft Worth (September 15, 2023), Austin (September 19, 2023), Austin (September 18, 2023)
  • Options
    Marieow said:
    The show was the same day as the NBA finals, so my bf and I showed up in the middle of Municipal Waste. They always put on a fun show. Creeping Death is playing in San Francisco in June, so I'll see them then. 
    Very cool. I am seeing Blackbraid in June. They're opening up for Cattle Decap and Dark Funeral. Don't care much about those two, so early show and then off to bars!
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Ah, man I really wanted to see Blackbraid, especially since the tour poster is killer. As a rule, I don't buy tour posters unless I go to the show. I feel similarly indifferent about Cattle Decapitation and Dark Funeral. I can't go to that show because I'll be in Puerto Vallarta. 

What other shows do you got lined up? So many great bands are touring right now. 

This is what I have so far. I'm really hoping to catch some metal bands when I'm going around the midwest for PJ. 
    Tomorrow night: Wolves in the Throne Room 
    5/6- Hell Fire - Haunt & Here Comes The Comet - San Francisco
    5/12 - MOONSPELL, ELEINE, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, VINTERSEA  - San Francisco
    5/13 - TWRP & Magic Sword  - Berkeley
    5/15 - Alestorm, Gloryhammer, Lutharo - San Francisco (I got free tickets to this one, so why not)
    5/17 - Sisters of Mercy - San Francisco
    5/18 - Obituary, Immolation, Blood Incantation, Ingrown - Berkeley
    5/30 - Helloween - Denver
    6/3 - Helloween - San Francisco
    6/30 - Emperor - Los Angeles
    8/26 -  Sigur Ros - Berkeley
    8/31 - Pearl Jam Saint Paul
    9/2 - Pearl Jam Saint Paul
    9/5 - Pearl Jam Chicago
    9/7 - Pearl Jam Chicago
    9/10 - Pearl Jam Indianapolis
    9/13 - Pearl Jam Ft. Worth
    9/15- Pearl Jam Ft. Worth
    9/18 - Pearl Jam Austin
    9/19 - Pearl Jam Austin
    10/10 - Death Cab For Cutie and The Postal Service - Berkeley
    10/14--10/15 - Gates of Hell metal festival - Orange County, CA
  • Options
    Marieow said:
    Ah, man I really wanted to see Blackbraid, especially since the tour poster is killer. As a rule, I don't buy tour posters unless I go to the show. I feel similarly indifferent about Cattle Decapitation and Dark Funeral. I can't go to that show because I'll be in Puerto Vallarta. 

What other shows do you got lined up? So many great bands are touring right now. 

This is what I have so far. I'm really hoping to catch some metal bands when I'm going around the midwest for PJ. 
    Tomorrow night: Wolves in the Throne Room 
    5/6- Hell Fire - Haunt & Here Comes The Comet - San Francisco
    5/12 - MOONSPELL, ELEINE, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, VINTERSEA  - San Francisco
    5/13 - TWRP & Magic Sword  - Berkeley
    5/15 - Alestorm, Gloryhammer, Lutharo - San Francisco (I got free tickets to this one, so why not)
    5/17 - Sisters of Mercy - San Francisco
    5/18 - Obituary, Immolation, Blood Incantation, Ingrown - Berkeley
    5/30 - Helloween - Denver
    6/3 - Helloween - San Francisco
    6/30 - Emperor - Los Angeles
    8/26 -  Sigur Ros - Berkeley
    8/31 - Pearl Jam Saint Paul
    9/2 - Pearl Jam Saint Paul
    9/5 - Pearl Jam Chicago
    9/7 - Pearl Jam Chicago
    9/10 - Pearl Jam Indianapolis
    9/13 - Pearl Jam Ft. Worth
    9/15- Pearl Jam Ft. Worth
    9/18 - Pearl Jam Austin
    9/19 - Pearl Jam Austin
    10/10 - Death Cab For Cutie and The Postal Service - Berkeley
    10/14--10/15 - Gates of Hell metal festival - Orange County, CA
    Wow! You are going to quite a ton of shows. I've been hesitant to buy tickets, as I've found myself getting more flaky as years go by. Obituary with Blood Incantation will be great. Will try to keep that on my radar. WITTR are also great live. I thought I saw something about Hulder playing soon. Saw her at Golden Bull last time and it was awesome. Slege opened up and I was pleasantly surprised by them. We seem to have similar tastes in music. Let's keep in touch. My wife and I occasionally do make it to shows! Going to the Power Trip Fest in October.
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Scary Halloween metal? Came across The Lion's Daughter. They remind me of a more proggy horror version of Mastodon. Lots of different sounds going on if you listen through the whole album. 

Warning: Cover art is NSFW and is awesome.
    https://thelionsdaughter.bandcamp.com/album/bath-house
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,761
    Thanks to @Attaway77 been into Crypta.
    That led to checking out former band Nervosa.
    Only been watching live shows but Holy heck. Where have I been the last how many years. 
    Nice to revisit my thrash metal roots. So cool to see this music alive today.

• Options
    Loujoe said:
    Thanks to @Attaway77 been into Crypta.
    That led to checking out former band Nervosa.
    Only been watching live shows but Holy heck. Where have I been the last how many years. 
    Nice to revisit my thrash metal roots. So cool to see this music alive today.

That's funny. My wife was playing me Nervosa last week. Good stuff.
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    If you like thrash and hardcore listen to Power Trip.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3fV0Wdjxyis&pp=ygUSUG93ZXIgdHJpcCBzdHJvbWJv
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Nice. Never heard them. Thx
  • Options
    Had a Possessed lp seven churches and traded it in. Wish I kept it to crank when the rare moment strikes. Hope it landed into someone's satanic hands to spin more often than me.
    Limited space for records...naaaaaaaaahh
    Whatever!
  • Options
    ^localish band I saw open for nuclear assault 1980something at 'the streets' in New Rochelle NY if my memory is correct.
    Still kicking butt, 2017 anyway. Damn!!
  • Options
    Nice. A lot of the older bands are still kicking ass. Forbidden recently started things up again. Need to see them live.
    2022- Oakland Night 2