Can Dictatorship/Authoritarianism Happen in the US?

2»

Comments

• Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 235
    We very well may be on the way

Remember Dec 2015?

Everyone was saying " Don't forget this is not normal , do not normalize this person " , we have become so numb to this man's actions , the GOP is nothing but cowards who refuse to stand up for what they believe in.

In this day and age it is so easy to see footage from 2015 , every GOP member pretty much hated him , said he was a racist , sexist monster who had no place in politics let along the white house. Now Ted Cruz is fighting for him , wondering if he remembers when Trump said that Ted Cruz's father may have been the second shooter for JFK just before the Texas primary.

I feel this country could barley take the past four years , if reelection is won I do fear we will start to go down the path of " we should change the rules to more than two terms , because they used to "

I also fear him losing the election and not accepting the results , or differing the election because well he can pretty much do whatever he wants or at least that is the message the GOP and his supports give him everyday.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 10,059
    Matts3221 said:

Remember Dec 2015?

Everyone was saying " Don't forget this is not normal , do not normalize this person " , we have become so numb to this man's actions , the GOP is nothing but cowards who refuse to stand up for what they believe in.

In this day and age it is so easy to see footage from 2015 , every GOP member pretty much hated him , said he was a racist , sexist monster who had no place in politics let along the white house. Now Ted Cruz is fighting for him , wondering if he remembers when Trump said that Ted Cruz's father may have been the second shooter for JFK just before the Texas primary.

I feel this country could barley take the past four years , if reelection is won I do fear we will start to go down the path of " we should change the rules to more than two terms , because they used to "

I also fear him losing the election and not accepting the results , or differing the election because well he can pretty much do whatever he wants or at least that is the message the GOP and his supports give him everyday.

if (god help us all and hopefully it's actually 'when') he loses there is no way he isn't claiming it was rigged. no way right off the bat is he accepting the results. it's going to be Bush-Gore all over again the courts will be the deciding factor. and they will side with the election results but i agree it could get real ugly
  • dignindignin Posts: 7,827

Justice Department undercuts own prosecutors on Trump ally Stone's sentencing

The revised sentencing memorandum, which is expected to be filed in Washington federal court later Tuesday, comes hours after President Donald Trump publicly criticized the recommendation, and the move will again raise questions about the Justice Department's independence from political pressure.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/11/politics/roger-stone-sentencing-justice-department/index.html

Banana republic.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 22,577
    dignin said:

The revised sentencing memorandum, which is expected to be filed in Washington federal court later Tuesday, comes hours after President Donald Trump publicly criticized the recommendation, and the move will again raise questions about the Justice Department's independence from political pressure.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/11/politics/roger-stone-sentencing-justice-department/index.html

Banana republic.
    Rotten banana republic.
    09/15/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/29/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield, MA; 08/18/08, O2 London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA;

"If you're looking down on someone, it better be to extend them a hand to lift them up."

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • dignindignin Posts: 7,827
    dignin said:

Banana republic.
    Rotten banana republic.
    Barrana republic?
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 235
    pjhawks said:
    Matts3221 said:

Remember Dec 2015?

if (god help us all and hopefully it's actually 'when') he loses there is no way he isn't claiming it was rigged. no way right off the bat is he accepting the results. it's going to be Bush-Gore all over again the courts will be the deciding factor. and they will side with the election results but i agree it could get real ugly

I keep telling my wife , even if he loses it is going to be so ugly , I hate to say it but come October and how much Trump will lash out at everyone and everything is scary to me.

I truly hope this is his only term but I just don't know , again fraud election , stolen from me , executive order  , get supreme court involved. With our luck it will be Florida again. If any thinks Rick Scott would not fuck us all over to get him back in office. It really will be Bush V Gore again.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon In My PlacePosts: 20,681
    Anything's possible, but not time to worry
    Matts3221 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Matts3221 said:

Remember Dec 2015?

I keep telling my wife , even if he loses it is going to be so ugly , I hate to say it but come October and how much Trump will lash out at everyone and everything is scary to me.

I truly hope this is his only term but I just don't know , again fraud election , stolen from me , executive order  , get supreme court involved. With our luck it will be Florida again. If any thinks Rick Scott would not fuck us all over to get him back in office. It really will be Bush V Gore again.

and a conservative stacked SCOTUS
    1993 - Gimli, MB (Sun/Mudfest)
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Minneapolis, MN (EV)
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 2,566
    dignin said:

Banana republic.
    Rotten banana republic.

A sad day to be an American.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MNPosts: 2,082
    1995 Milwaukee
    1998 Alpine, Alpine
    2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston
    2004 Boston, Boston
    2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)
    2011 Alpine, Alpine
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 St. Paul
    2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley
    2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin LouisPosts: 16,668
    dignin said:

Banana republic.
    Rotten banana republic.
    did someone say banana hammock?
    "There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."- Hemingway

"i'm not here to start the fire. i am here to fan the flames..."

If you have never failed, you have never lived.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 15,665
    Anything's possible, but not time to worry
    dignin said:

Banana republic.
    Rotten banana republic.
    did someone say banana hammock?
    I only shop at Structure. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 2,946
    No way
    Come on now. People dwell on fear of the improbable enough already. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016