Options

It's that time of year . . . the holiday work luncheon

2»

Comments

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    So said co-worker works on Saturdays when hardly anyone is in, my other co-worker texted me and said she went straight to the kitchen when she came in.  Whatever.  The funny thing is, none of us have any idea what she brought to the pot luck.  I think next time along with the announcement, it will be stated that all left overs are to be packed up and put out the next day for ALL staff to share again.  Honestly, I don't think that will stop her.  
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    It won't. She vultures. I wonder if she had food insecurity issues when she was growing up. I understand that you said that she does not now, but I swear that is childhood residue. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    It won't. She vultures. I wonder if she had food insecurity issues when she was growing up. I understand that you said that she does not now, but I swear that is childhood residue. 

Could be, you're right that does stay with you.  Something to think about.

• Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    We're doing a brunch on Friday and they are letting us drink Mimosas! (benefits of working for a smaller company, not a corporation) 
  • Options
    Melzombie said:
    We're doing a brunch on Friday and they are letting us drink Mimosas! (benefits of working for a smaller company, not a corporation) 
    I love Mimosas.  Problem is you get a headache when you stop drinking them.  So my advice is don't stop.  I worked for a smaller company before and I was the boss' assistant.  He depended on me for everything.  One afternoon he came in and said, let's all go to the bar.  He paid for everything.  He even left early and gave me the credit card.  I miss those days.  My liver doesn't, but I do.   
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    Melzombie said:
    I love Mimosas.  Problem is you get a headache when you stop drinking them.  So my advice is don't stop.  I worked for a smaller company before and I was the boss' assistant.  He depended on me for everything.  One afternoon he came in and said, let's all go to the bar.  He paid for everything.  He even left early and gave me the credit card.  I miss those days.  My liver doesn't, but I do.   
    They did that on my birthday. I work downtown, within walking distance from a bar. I was shocked because I'm so use to working for a larger corporation. That would've NEVER happened. We would all be in the HR office. 
  • Options
    Melzombie said:
    Melzombie said:
    They did that on my birthday. I work downtown, within walking distance from a bar. I was shocked because I'm so use to working for a larger corporation. That would've NEVER happened. We would all be in the HR office. 
    Yeah the bar we went to was right next to our office.  We were a start up, very small.  It was fun while it lasted, which wasn't long.  My boss was very generous to me specifically, got me VIP tix to a PJ show, which included a private buffet and free drinks.   I even crashed his $60,000 car in a snowstorm and when it was repaired and ready for pickup, he came in, handed me the keys and said, the car's ready, go pick it up.  God those were free flying days.  And a long time ago.  I now work for a non-profit and I love my job.  But there are no credit cards being passed to me to pay for trips to the bar these days.  
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    pot brownies