Unplugged will get the treatment

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,954
    How are the fan club singles delayed due to a hold up with the vinyl process but unplugged got repressed so quick?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    on2legs said:
    How are the fan club singles delayed due to a hold up with the vinyl process but unplugged got repressed so quick?
    NOT A REPRESS. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    They should release Neil Young's MTV Unplugged as a Vault Release
    Its a Pearl Jam vault, not a Neil Young vault. 
    What about a Temple of the Dog show?
    We're not going to see jack shit from CC's estate until this law suit gets resolved.  It's very distressing.  A TOTD vinyl from the tour is essential.  
    Essential yes, but don’t waste a vault on it.  Release it as a one off.  
    PJ is running out of vault worthy material in my book.  We have shows from the key tours in the 90's and then most everything from 2000 forward is already in digital.  The vic show would be nice for sure.  Outside of that, Randalls and maybe Berlin from 96, I can't think of anything that would amp me more than a Temple show.  Considering what happened six months later, the Tower shows are right up at the top of all time concerts for me now.  
    We need a 96 show for sure then maybe another 95 or 94.  So we have at least another 3 years of vaults.  
    I don't know why it's one per year either.  Make it two.  JW does quarterly.  DMB has 2-3 vinyls a year.  
    There is no reason to release multiple shows per year on vinyl imo. There is just too many shows already out there.
    I buy multiple records per month.  I'd be fine having more than one of them during the year be PJ. 
    How many of them cost roughly 150 dollars or whatever. Haha.
    Well PJ isn't $150 here.  I don't know what you guys end up paying.  
    on2legs said:
    NOT A REPRESS. 
    Oh... I thought the fan club said that the label decided to press more because it was so popular. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    NOT A REPRESS. 
    Oh... I thought the fan club said that the label decided to press more because it was so popular. 
    they did. someone else mentioned their hands were tied and had to say that since these were supposed to be RSD exclusive, and that was their way of getting around getting in shit for it? Something like that. Either way, no way a repress happened this quickly. it's simply not possible. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Gotcha. 

• ZodZod Posts: 10,527
    Or it was mistaken for the fact distribution prevented a number of copies from making it to retail and 10c in time for RSD.  Calling these straggling copies a repress.

There's also the possibility it was being pressed very close to RSD and they didn't quite finish pressing them in time for all of them to make it to retail.   So they shipped what they had, and the rest are now what's making it to retail and 10c?    I like this reason because it makes everyone sort of telling the truth (from a certain point of view).
    13k was a huge pressing for an RSD.  I'm really surprised and impressed with the demand for this record.  While it kind of sucks for those that didn't get one, it's also great to see demand for PJ and vinyl staying high.  
  • mrussel1 said:
    13k was a huge pressing for an RSD.  I'm really surprised and impressed with the demand for this record.  While it kind of sucks for those that didn't get one, it's also great to see demand for PJ and vinyl staying high.  
    Amen.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,744
    Billboard said PJ sold 10k on black friday. That means these are the remaining 3k popping up in shops. 

If the label repress is indeed the takeaway from the newsletter, we'll probably see those in shops in 2-4 months. 

As for the singles, we know they are in production, but it doesn't necessarily mean the pressing stage.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,355
    Billboard said PJ sold 10k on black friday. That means these are the remaining 3k popping up in shops. 

If the label repress is indeed the takeaway from the newsletter, we'll probably see those in shops in 2-4 months. 

Many record stores after Black Friday are starting to receive their stock in the mail. Also the Billboard status is from Nov. 29 through Dec. 5, in the USA. Not internationally. Maybe there were 13000 copies released in the USA / CDN & another say 5000 pressed internationally?
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    My theory (my theories are never right), mtv unplugged will get the vault treatment. It will get a hardcover, bit of a story, re-packaged and sold as a 10club release. Everyone will be happy, and no conflict with RSD. Put me down for one copy right now, thanks.
    Why would they release the exact same thing they just released just in neater packaging??
  • bonebone Posts: 498
    About the timing of repress if it is indeed happening.  Speaking to a couple store owners, it was snapped up pretty quickly with the suppliers as almost every store was requesting dozens if not hundreds.  With the demand so high from the stores prior to Record Store Day, perhaps the decision was made before RSBF.  Still likely wouldn't have the actual represses in hand today though, but may be a lot quicker than you'd think.  
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Guitar player meeting LL at rehearsal like 

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    on2legs said:
    Lack of material for the fan club singles.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    Vedd Hedd said:
    on2legs said:
    Lack of material for the fan club singles.
    Just repress Lost Dogs and send one to every one that has years of singles backlogged.  Problem solved.  I promise I won't complain.  
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    mcgruff10 said:
    Guitar player meeting LL at rehearsal like 

And the post show meal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKpClZ4HSf0
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Posts: 4,809
    Blue ray 
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    RobbyD462 said:
    Blue ray 
    Did MTV actually use film?   Pretty sure it was video. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    They should release Neil Young's MTV Unplugged as a Vault Release
    Its a Pearl Jam vault, not a Neil Young vault. 
    What about a Temple of the Dog show?
    We're not going to see jack shit from CC's estate until this law suit gets resolved.  It's very distressing.  A TOTD vinyl from the tour is essential.  
    Essential yes, but don’t waste a vault on it.  Release it as a one off.  
    PJ is running out of vault worthy material in my book.  We have shows from the key tours in the 90's and then most everything from 2000 forward is already in digital.  The vic show would be nice for sure.  Outside of that, Randalls and maybe Berlin from 96, I can't think of anything that would amp me more than a Temple show.  Considering what happened six months later, the Tower shows are right up at the top of all time concerts for me now.  
    We need a 96 show for sure then maybe another 95 or 94.  So we have at least another 3 years of vaults.  
    I don't know why it's one per year either.  Make it two.  JW does quarterly.  DMB has 2-3 vinyls a year.  
    There is no reason to release multiple shows per year on vinyl imo. There is just too many shows already out there.
    I buy multiple records per month.  I'd be fine having more than one of them during the year be PJ. 
    How many of them cost roughly 150 dollars or whatever. Haha.
    Well PJ isn't $150 here.  I don't know what you guys end up paying.  
    Too much for 2-3 pieces of vinyl.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Baba Booey?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    edited December 2019
    RobbyD462 said:
    Blue ray 
    Would  still be as clear as it could be (if a high quality master exists, or the original tapes) and the sound could be uncompressed and with the best surround there is to offer. Won't get that on DVD.

My guess is the DVD copy with the Ten release looked so-so?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    RobbyD462 said:
    Blue ray 
    Would  still be as clear as it could be (if a high quality master exists, or the original tapes) and the sound could be uncompressed and with the best surround there is to offer. Won't get that on DVD.

Looked fine,  not great.  The audio was ac-3, so lossy.  But of course DVD supports lossless audio,  they just chose to go crappy.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,527
    RobbyD462 said:
    Blue ray 

Yah that would be the thing.  Video is analog but has a lower quality.   DVD is compressed video.  You definitely get a better image putting out something analog into a higher quality video format, but due to the quality of video, it isn't much.   You at least remove the digital artificating from the DVD compression.

I doubt PJ would go through the effort.  Personally as a fan, if they're going to put out blurays, I'd love for them to dig into the archives for stuff that good be done in HD.   I've always wondered if they filmed the whole Moore show (as pieces show up in HD in PJ20, which means it was done on film, which means that's a pretty rare item of a young PJ caught on film).

• My theory (my theories are never right), mtv unplugged will get the vault treatment. It will get a hardcover, bit of a story, re-packaged and sold as a 10club release. Everyone will be happy, and no conflict with RSD. Put me down for one copy right now, thanks.
    Why would they release the exact same thing they just released just in neater packaging??
    Yeah good point. It's not like they've re-packaged and re-released any of their previous material 🤔
    And released it as a vault?

• willc431994willc431994 Posts: 201
    edited December 2019

No, no. Didn't say released as a vault. Said it would get the vault treatment, ie: hardcover, bit of a story about the performance etc...
    Anyway, it was a bit of a tongue in cheek post, just for fun. Remember fun?
    Post edited by willc431994 on
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212
    Id prefer an official release of the full 94' Fox Atlanta show.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.

Remember fun?
    I don’t. Sorry.