Unplugged will get the treatment

My theory (my theories are never right), mtv unplugged will get the vault treatment. It will get a hardcover, bit of a story, re-packaged and sold as a 10club release. Everyone will be happy, and no conflict with RSD. Put me down for one copy right now, thanks.

Comments

• PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    My theory (my theories are never right), mtv unplugged will get the vault treatment. It will get a hardcover, bit of a story, re-packaged and sold as a 10club release. Everyone will be happy, and no conflict with RSD. Put me down for one copy right now, thanks.
    Image result for uh no gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• jefftjefft Posts: 657
    PB11041 said:0
    Image result for uh no gif
    Lol
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    It would be way better as the farewell fanclub Xmas double record
  • There is very close to a zero percent chance of this ever happening now that it has been released as a RSD title.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    edited December 2019
    They should release Neil Young's MTV Unplugged as a Vault Release
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • They should release Neil Young's MTV Unplugged as a Vault Release
    Its a Pearl Jam vault, not a Neil Young vault. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,355
    hrd2imgn said:
    I like that idea. 
    Oh, that's weird.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,385
    hrd2imgn said:

Way better... except to those of us that already have a copy.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    I'd be down with that.  I'd also like PJ to release 10,000 Maniacs unplugged, which is really excellent.  
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    mrussel1 said:
    I'd be down with that.  I'd also like PJ to release 10,000 Maniacs unplugged, which is really excellent.  
    nope.  This should be pearl jam's vault 10:  
    On April 10, 1991, Unplugged aired its first ever acoustic rap show. The special kicked off with individual performances by LL Cool J along with MC Lyte (Cappucino), De La Soul (Ring Ring Ring), and A Tribe Called Quest ("Can I Kick It?") and a five piece back-up band, Pop's Cool Love. The highlight of the show was LL Cool J's energetic renditions of "Jingling Baby" and "Mama Said Knock You Out".
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    On April 10, 1991, Unplugged aired its first ever acoustic rap show. The special kicked off with individual performances by LL Cool J along with MC Lyte (Cappucino), De La Soul (Ring Ring Ring), and A Tribe Called Quest ("Can I Kick It?") and a five piece back-up band, Pop's Cool Love. The highlight of the show was LL Cool J's energetic renditions of "Jingling Baby" and "Mama Said Knock You Out".
    they're jingling baby...yeah go 'head baby....
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Haven't they punished us enough?
    edited December 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    they're jingling baby...yeah go 'head baby....
    that's what I'm talking about!
    Haven't they punished us enough?
    Hahahaha
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193
    What about a Temple of the Dog show?
    pjl44 said:
    Not pearl jam. No thanks.  
    edited December 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:
    What about Neil Young live in Stockholm 1993? Where Pearl Jam was the opener?

RITFW with Pearl jam can be a seperate 7 inch included.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:
    What about Neil Young live in Stockholm 1993? Where Pearl Jam was the opener?

RITFW with Pearl jam can be a seperate 7 inch included.
    Not pearl jam, no thanks.  
    pjl44 said:
    We're not going to see jack shit from CC's estate until this law suit gets resolved.  It's very distressing.  A TOTD vinyl from the tour is essential.  
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    We're not going to see jack shit from CC's estate until this law suit gets resolved.  It's very distressing.  A TOTD vinyl from the tour is essential.  
    Essential yes, but don’t waste a vault on it.  Release it as a one off.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJ is running out of vault worthy material in my book.  We have shows from the key tours in the 90's and then most everything from 2000 forward is already in digital.  The vic show would be nice for sure.  Outside of that, Randalls and maybe Berlin from 96, I can't think of anything that would amp me more than a Temple show.  Considering what happened six months later, the Tower shows are right up at the top of all time concerts for me now.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJ is running out of vault worthy material in my book.  We have shows from the key tours in the 90's and then most everything from 2000 forward is already in digital.  The vic show would be nice for sure.  Outside of that, Randalls and maybe Berlin from 96, I can't think of anything that would amp me more than a Temple show.  Considering what happened six months later, the Tower shows are right up at the top of all time concerts for me now.  
    We need a 96 show for sure then maybe another 95 or 94.  So we have at least another 3 years of vaults.  
    edited December 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    They are releasing one show per year, so at least they have a few years with them dripping the vaults out like Nintendo did with their old games on the Wii shop.

I feel the problem (for me) is more how vinyl unfriendly their later shows are with them being so long. Live shows aren't really vinyl compatible (in my opinion). But they have one-off shows here and there that has not gotten releases. In the digital era. Like the Astoria show in 2006 (many live debuts on that one) and Shepards Bush in 2009 (etc). Similar to The Vic. 

And what makes the Berlin 1996 show stand out compared to the other European shows that year, other than it being known because of having a decent sounding bootleg release?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    They are releasing one show per year, so at least they have a few years with them dripping the vaults out like Nintendo did with their old games on the Wii shop.

I feel the problem (for me) is more how vinyl unfriendly their later shows are with them being so long. Live shows aren't really vinyl compatible (in my opinion). But they have one-off shows here and there that has not gotten releases. In the digital era. Like the Astoria show in 2006 (many live debuts on that one) and Shepards Bush in 2009 (etc). Similar to The Vic. 

And what makes the Berlin 1996 show stand out compared to the other European shows that year, other than it being known because of having a decent sounding bootleg release?
    I think that Berlin is a known entity. We've all heard that show and now it's a great show.  I don't doubt that there are other great shows from that tour in Europe and maybe that's a great reason to have a different show.  I would be curious if they have multitracks of those shows. 

I generally agree with your point that concerts can be less friendly.  Although DMB puts out 5 record vinyls of their 3 hour shows and do a really good job with them.  Their challenge is even greater because you have the long jams with 18 minute songs that eat a side, where PJ songs are much shorter.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    We need a 96 show for sure then maybe another 95 or 94.  So we have at least another 3 years of vaults.  
    I don't know why it's one per year either.  Make it two.  JW does quarterly.  DMB has 2-3 vinyls a year.  
  • mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    I don't know why it's one per year either.  Make it two.  JW does quarterly.  DMB has 2-3 vinyls a year.  
    There is no reason to release multiple shows per year on vinyl imo. There is just too many shows already out there.
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    There is no reason to release multiple shows per year on vinyl imo. There is just too many shows already out there.
    I buy multiple records per month.  I'd be fine having more than one of them during the year be PJ. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    I buy multiple records per month.  I'd be fine having more than one of them during the year be PJ. 
    How many of them cost roughly 150 dollars or whatever. Haha.