Options

Vinyl Authenticity

I apologize in advance if this isn't the right place to post this question.

Is there a website, besides discogs, where one could check the authenticity of a vinyl pressing. PJ's original vinyl can go for a lot and I can only imagine there is a market for knockoffs.

I recently came across a copy of PJ's Ten first pressing. The runout stamps are pretty close to what is listed on discogs but not 100%. I'm seeing "AL-47857-2B-REV" on side 1 and "BL-47857-2A-REV" on side 2. That's close to what is listed for Variant 2 but I don't see the trailing "1-1".

Are there any experts that might have insight? I would even be interested in the identity of the characters. Obviously 47857 is the catalog number and REV is for revision.
Where was the lp pressed at, size of pressing, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Go to discogs
  • Options
    Try PJcollectors or @pdalowsky
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    kingbin said:
    I apologize in advance if this isn't the right place to post this question.

Is there a website, besides discogs, where one could check the authenticity of a vinyl pressing. PJ's original vinyl can go for a lot and I can only imagine there is a market for knockoffs.

I recently came across a copy of PJ's Ten first pressing. The runout stamps are pretty close to what is listed on discogs but not 100%. I'm seeing "AL-47857-2B-REV" on side 1 and "BL-47857-2A-REV" on side 2. That's close to what is listed for Variant 2 but I don't see the trailing "1-1".

Are there any experts that might have insight? I would even be interested in the identity of the characters. Obviously 47857 is the catalog number and REV is for revision.
    Where was the lp pressed at, size of pressing, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Authentic, just another plate variation. With popular pressings you will see many variations in the runouts sometimes.
  • Options
    LostRebelLostRebel Athens, Greece Posts: 252
    edited December 2019
    kingbin said:

Where was the lp pressed at

MCA Pressing Plant, Gloversville