Options

SOLD** PJ20 GITD vinyl for sale

evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
edited January 2020 in Lost Dogs
SOLD $2000 USD  $1500 US Xmas Special Price. Will remove sale price after xmas.
Ships insured and tracked anywhere in the world.
Ships from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
Post edited by evsgjamm on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    Oh my
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • Options
    cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    One of the unstamped...Beautiful...
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    thanks @cjzoly - just grabbed a grail so going to have to wait but appreciate the look! good luck with your sale @evsgjamm

• Options
    nuzzer1 said:
    thanks @cjzoly - just grabbed a grail so going to have to wait but appreciate the look! good luck with your sale @evsgjamm

Thanks. What grail did you grab by the way? Always up for some grail chits and chats.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

• Options
    I’m scared to listen to my records with the lights off, so I’m out. Good luck with your sale.
  • Options
    Bump - reduced price to encourage this xmas gift to yourself for working so bloody hard this year. 

• Options
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    Would you be interested in a payment plan?? 
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Sale pending
    Still available. The sale price ends Dec 27th 12:01am EST.
    Post edited by evsgjamm on

• Options
    Sale Pending.

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,178
    What’s the history on this item? How many pressed?

curious, never knew this existed... pretty cool
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,233
    CROJAM95 said:

I’ve heard 4 variants, red,black,purple and unstamped 25 of each. Last one sold for $999
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

More info:
    http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=2083
    https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1034835341

• Options
    Love the white label!
    Good luck!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2020
    As advertised and a great guy. Amazing one of these were in my hometown and I could just drive over and pick it up. Only thing better than having it is hearing the story of how it was found. Amazing story. 
    Now on to the next grail.... 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    Thanks 1ThoughtKnown. Stoked that this grail went to a super collector like yourself. Enjoy the glow for years to come.

• Options
    evsgjamm said:
    Thanks 1ThoughtKnown. Stoked that this grail went to a super collector like yourself. Enjoy the glow for years to come.

What’s the story? @1ThoughtKnown so curious! 
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2020
    Well from what I understand... (and @evsgjamm says he will pass on all the emails, etc. to me when he has time) it goes like this:

A DJ somewhere orders a glow-in-the-dark record and receives it.  Goes to play one and discovers it’s not what he wanted, it’s Pearl Jam. Not a fan apparently (fool!).  So he puts does some internet research to find what he has. Puts them up for sale and my new friend here in Calgary sees this and contacts.  The DJ doesn’t have all 3 PJ20 GITD, he’s 1,2 & another 2.  So evsgjamm sees the pictures and buys 1 & 2.

Then spends 2 YEARS searching every record store in the US looking for #3.  Finds it at Rockaway Records in LA.  Negotiated a reasonable price and gets the third to complete the set. Sits on them for 5 years and is selling some of his collection.  

Another interesting part of the story is that when evsgjamm has the records up on Kijiiji (as well as here obviously) someone who has ALL 4 colours of these records inquired asking where the Kornyfone insert is.  Evsgjamm tells the story that it never came with any inserts.  The inquirer hypothesizes the PJ20 now in my possession may be a test pressing.

Now that is one opinion so nothing is confirmed. I have yet to play one and evsgjamm never played them.  #3 is Mint.. 1&2 have some minor imperfections, mostly from shipping.  

One of the coolest collection stories I’ve heard. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,352
    edited January 2020
    Haha! Rockaway!  I looked at that record when it was in the store and if I remember correctly the story was that  record was used as packing material in another large box of records from the pressing plant or something.  I think it was $500 or $600 for the lone record. I like that GITD pressing of the record because it rips off The Amazing Kornyphone Record Label back covers from the 70’s. A bootleg of a bootleg if you will. Great concept and execution. Here’s the back cover from an old Sex Pistols boot from my collection if you aren’t aware of the similarities.

Post edited by Guy Dudebro on
  • Options
    Excellent story! And great context @Guy Dudebro - didn’t realize that! 
  • Options
    GuyDudeBro, I remember talking to you about this back in 2014 I think it was. Great to see you comment on this thread. This record set has been growing new roots over the years. 

• Options
    Haha! Rockaway!  I looked at that record when it was in the store and if I remember correctly the story was that  record was used as packing material in another large box of records from the pressing plant or something.  I think it was $500 or $600 for the lone record. I like that GITD pressing of the record because it rips off The Amazing Kornyphone Record Label back covers from the 70’s. A bootleg of a bootleg if you will. Great concept and execution. Here’s the back cover from an old Sex Pistols boot from my collection if you aren’t aware of the similarities.

Cool info. Thanks! These records were “packing” for a shipment of other records. Wow.
    I wonder where I could find a copy of the PJ20 Kornyfone inserts for these records. A bootleg of the insert so-to-speak 😎
    Thoughts? 
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,352
    edited January 2020
    As far as I can remember, I was told that record was loose in another box of records. I assume that it was probably in a box of various test pressings from RTI that went to a suit and he had at least a suspicion of what it was and brought it in for sale or trade which isn’t uncommon as I’ve seen every form of PJ20 come through there. The odds of buying an incomplete set and then finding the one needed has to be pretty close to zero. I’m glad it all worked out and it’s a great story. Also, after thinking about it, the stamp colors on the covers struck a chord and I looked up some info in one of my Pistols collector books. The stamp colors follow the original Sex Pistols “Anarchy In Sweden” bootleg release from 1978-red,purple,green,and blank. And that is a different release from the TAKRL back cover. As a Pistols collector for almost forty years now, major props to whoever came up with the concept. I feel like I cracked a code! Haha!
    Post edited by Guy Dudebro on
  • Options
    As far as I can remember, I was told that record was loose in another box of records. I assume that it was probably in a box of various test pressings from RTI that went to a suit and he had at least a suspicion of what it was and brought it in for sale or trade which isn’t uncommon as I’ve seen every form of PJ20 come through there. The odds of buying an incomplete set and then finding the one needed has to be pretty close to zero. I’m glad it all worked out and it’s a great story. Also, after thinking about it, the stamp colors on the covers struck a chord and I looked up some info in one of my Pistols collector books. The stamp colors follow the original Sex Pistols “Anarchy In Sweden” bootleg release from 1978-red,purple,green,and blank. And that is a different release from the TAKRL back cover. As a Pistols collector for almost forty years now, major props to whoever came up with the concept. I feel like I cracked a code! Haha!
    Very cool. Thanks!