Options

Edit* now 16 million hectares in Australia gone. Estimated over 30% of our koalas dead💔

Comments

• Options
    rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Folau really is a deluded fanatic. Not the first time he's talked crap like that. Good thing the Aussie Team fired him!

I hope little Kate is better.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Yep, Folau is a flog.
    I wonder if he'll donate to bushfire victims, probably not.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    this is just fucked getting worse bybthe day it's heartbreaking listen to it crying 😢

https://www.facebook.com/251142965231407/posts/1100414783637550/
  • Options
    Good on you bear.. our koala detection dog has his work cut out for him. I just wish this wasn't even necessary. (And yes he does wear little booties to protect his paws on the fire ground).
    https://www.facebook.com/7NEWSsydney/videos/430118754342604/
  • Options
    this is just fucked getting worse bybthe day it's heartbreaking listen to it crying 😢

This ripped my heart out today and left me crying.
    This is so terrible. Get well little fella. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

This ripped my heart out today and left me crying.
    This is so terrible. Get well little fella. 
    Me too i just feel gutted. This is an absolute tradgedy
  • Options
    I saw on the news tonight that the koala is recovering, it is eating and has burns to many parts of its body.
    The hospital worker said it may never be able to be re-released back into the wild but will be kept for breeding.
    The thought of koalas suffering before dying is too painful to think about. I just hope they had a quick death and did not suffer too long. 

• Options
    I saw on the news tonight that the koala is recovering, it is eating and has burns to many parts of its body.
    The hospital worker said it may never be able to be re-released back into the wild but will be kept for breeding.
    The thought of koalas suffering before dying is too painful to think about. I just hope they had a quick death and did not suffer too long. 

i saw that too. Now SA and VIC are under catastrophic fire conditions and back to hot dry winds again in NSW. My surrounding bushland is still standing but with this fire season being so ridiculous and the hills around me still smoldering its only a matter of time and its only spring. We are now on level 4 water restrictions so outside watering is banned as of monday. We just installed a 22,000 litre water tank at work today to be filled tomorrow as we can no longer use the taps.
  • Options
    The country is an oven.
    And what are our politicians doing? We have a PM spending time with our cricket team today rather than being where it matters. Stupid f***** POS he is.
  • Options
    The country is an oven.
    And what are our politicians doing? We have a PM spending time with our cricket team today rather than being where it matters. Stupid f***** POS he is.
    i didnt vote for the dumb prick its got me stuffed how dumb Australia is. Can only hope half the country has now woken up to the brainless twit! 
  • Options
    I can't believe he won. Our Trump moment.
    Yep, we are a stupid country
  • Options
    anyone interested in donating this is the official gofund me page
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-thirsty-koalas-devastated-by-recent-fires
  • Options
    sadly ellenborough lewis the koala rescued that went viral has passed and so has katie the koala from the hillville fire. RIP🐨💔
  • Options
    sadly ellenborough lewis the koala rescued that went viral has passed and so has katie the koala from the hillville fire. RIP🐨💔
    omg noooo :(
    I thought he was going to be okay.
  • Options
    no they did say burns usually get worse before they get better. They were worried it had gone deep into the bone. He would not have recovered. Its beyond sad. All the poor wildlife are sadly dying and most are unseen. A post from mid coast honey said while they were trying to save their bee hives they could hear the forest screaming as the fire was ripping through. They have paid for counseling for their young workers who have been distraught seeing and hearing the animals perish. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Sorry for the sad news, friends from Down Under.   Very sad to hear.  :-(
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Sorry for the sad news, friends from Down Under.   Very sad to hear.  :-(
    thank you. far from over lightning in recent days has just ignited over 100 new fires in NSW. We are burning worse than the Amazon. 
  • Options
    no they did say burns usually get worse before they get better. They were worried it had gone deep into the bone. He would not have recovered. Its beyond sad. All the poor wildlife are sadly dying and most are unseen. A post from mid coast honey said while they were trying to save their bee hives they could hear the forest screaming as the fire was ripping through. They have paid for counseling for their young workers who have been distraught seeing and hearing the animals perish. 
    that is horrific. It'd leave me with PTSD.
  • Options
    same i cant deal... I'm feeling really down about it. I have to distract myself by listening to pearl jam to take my mind elsewhere.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    same i cant deal... I'm feeling really down about it. I have to distract myself by listening to pearl jam to take my mind elsewhere.
    So sorry to hear this.  Hang in there best you can.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    koala hospital port macquarie just broke the record for the biggest gofundme ever in Australia at 1.8 million dollars donated from 90 countries. Thank you so much. It makes you want to cry happy tears. Hope our fucked government feels ashamed of their piss poor effort protecting our iconic koala
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    edited November 2019
    Hoping this awful drought in Australia breaks soon.  Haven't seen blue skies and sunshine for many weeks because of all the smoke.  We need rain and lots of it to save us and our beautiful animals. 
  • Options
    koala hospital port macquarie just broke the record for the biggest gofundme ever in Australia at 1.8 million dollars donated from 90 countries. Thank you so much. It makes you want to cry happy tears. Hope our fucked government feels ashamed of their piss poor effort protecting our iconic koala
    Our POS ad man PM thinks thoughts and prayers will do. I fkn hate him and his government
  • Options
    huge thanks to Russell Crowe for his massive donation to the RFS Brigades surrounding his home town.
    https://www.9news.com.au/national/how-russell-crowes-silly-idea-helped-raise-at-least-400000-for-nsw-firefighters/a0acd938-5342-4c99-95f0-eacb47b6b997
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    NSW bushfire stats in my state alone are ridiculous! 2 million hectares gone😮 It is currently raining at my home yay! not enough to break the drought or severe level 4 water restrictions but it is something😊
    https://www.facebook.com/213250965551/posts/10157474078730552/
    Post edited by rhanishane on
  • Options
    sadly some of the saved ones are succumbing to their injuries. RIP Blaze
    https://www.facebook.com/211914671659/posts/10157882732771660/
  • Options
    little lucas on the mend look at him thumping around in his burns mittens
    https://www.facebook.com/211914671659/posts/10157882812241660/
  • Options
    You may find this fascinating the difference in our southern and northern koalas. Such a unique marsupial. Look how beautiful they are!!😍
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155281738702432&id=39929117431
  • Options
    I never knew there was a difference