Options

Pearl Jam's Gigaton

Comments

• Options
    That's a weird CD bundle
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,364
    That's a weird CD bundle
    You're a weird CD bundle
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,207
    edited January 2020
    That's a weird CD bundle
    You're a weird CD bundle
    I wish I was a CD bundle
    That never would sell out
    I wish I heard Just A Girl live
    But no, not the one by No Doubt
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 909
    Josh Evans looks like he has some solid engineering credits fro chris cornell to dmb. The dmb album he worked on sounded really good. I’m hopeful that we didn’t wait 6 years for another backspacer/lb type album.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,154
    edited January 2020
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,216
    Shout out to the dude who insisted Gigaton was the software company and went on to fight everyone 
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,532
    pjl44 said:
    Shout out to the dude who insisted Gigaton was the software company and went on to fight everyone 

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Great to see CTV News talk about Pearl Jam. :) 

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,955
    demetrios said:

When does ATV talk about it?!!
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,661
    pjl44 said:

• Options
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

Haven't seen or heard anything yet on ATV. Maybe tomorrow morning on BT Morning. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,817
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

Haven't seen or heard anything yet on ATV. Maybe tomorrow morning on BT Morning. 
    Was announced on the 6 pm news on CHCH in Hamilton 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

Was announced on the 6 pm news on CHCH in Hamilton 
    Sweet!
  • Options

Pearl Jam announce new album, tour with 4 shows in Canada

TORONTO -- Pearl Jam will release their highly anticipated 11th studio album, dubbed "Gigaton," on March 27 as the Seattle rockers get set to hit the road for a massive 2020 tour, making stops in four Canadian cities.

Eddie Vedder and company confirmed the band's first studio album since 2013's Grammy-winning "Lightning Bolt" on Monday after a weekend full of speculation that began when Pearl Jam sent out cryptic messages on social media, sending fans on a scavenger hunt of sorts.

“Making this record was a long journey,” guitarist Mike McCready said in a statement. “It was emotionally dark and confusing at times, but also an exciting and experimental road map to musical redemption. Collaborating with my bandmates on 'Gigaton' ultimately gave me greater love, awareness and knowledge of the need for human connection in these times.”

The album will also feature artwork by award-winning Canadian photographer and co-founder of conservation company SeaLegacy Paul Nicklen. Nicklen's image, "Ice Waterfall" was shot in 2014 depicting a melting glacier in Svalbard, Norway.

"The Nordaustlandet ice cap gushes high volumes of meltwater. Even though this was taken just 600 miles from the North Pole the temperature was in the high 60’s," reads the photo description on the National Geographic photographer's website. "The Arctic could be completely devoid of sea ice during the summer months in the next 10 to 20 years. This striking scene is a reminder of the fragility of this icy ecosystem."

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees said in a statement the first single, “Dance of the Clairvoyants," will be released "in the coming weeks," making the track the first new music since Pearl Jam released "Can't Deny Me" in 2018.

Pearl Jam also announced the band will kick off their 2020 tour in Toronto on March 18, just over a week before "Gigaton" hits store shelves. From there, Pearl Jam will make stops in Ottawa, Quebec City and Hamilton before heading to the U.S.

The North American leg of the tour wraps up in Oakland, Calif. on April 19. Last month, Pearl Jam announced a European tour that gets underway in Frankfurt, Germany on June 23.

Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Friday, Jan. 24 at 10 a.m.

Tour dates are as follows:

March 18 – Toronto, ON @ Scotiabank Arena

March 20 – Ottawa, ON @ Canadian Tire Centre

March 22 – Quebec City, QC @ Videotron Centre

March 24 – Hamilton, ON @ FirstOntario Centre

March 28 – Baltimore, MD @ Royal Farms Arena

March 30 – New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

April 2 – Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena

April 4 – St. Louis, MO @ Enterprise Center

April 6 – Oklahoma City, OK @ Chesapeake Energy Arena

April 9 – Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center

April 11 – Phoenix, AZ @ Gila River Arena

April 13 – San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena

April 15 & 16 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum

April 18 & 19 – Oakland, CA @ Oakland Arena

• Options
    paulnicklen - I am so excited to finally announce that one of my favourite images, Ice Waterfall, has been selected and used as the cover of @PearlJam's new album Gigaton! It has been a fantastic experience to work with the band and their record label on this. Gigaton is available for pre-order now at www.pearljam.com.

• Options

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    edited January 2020
    demetrios said:

I actually think the cover would be better without the red "pulse." The picture itself is cool enough. The red kind of clashes with it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    edited January 2020
    Anyone else think a 40 page booklet is a lot of pages for 10-11 songs Cd ...

Gotta be a double disc cd  ! 

Post edited by pawlowski1097 on
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,216
    Anyone else think a 40 page booklet is a lot of pages for 10-11 songs Album ...

Gotta be a double disc ! 

It would be more than 3 sides of an album, unfortunately 
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    pjl44 said:
    Anyone else think a 40 page booklet is a lot of pages for 10-11 songs Album ...

Gotta be a double disc ! 

It would be more than 3 sides of an album, unfortunately 
    I was talking cd , sorry for confusion 
  • Options
    Standard vinyl has about 20-22 minutes per side so the record is most likely in the 50-60 minute range based on three vinyl sides. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options

Did you know... A gigaton is what scientists use to measure the loss of ice from Earth's largest ice sheets in Greenland and Antarctica.

This weight is equivalent to over 100 million elephants or 6 million blue whales.

📸: Paul Nicklen, SeaLegacy

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    Interesting that this isn't available for pre-order anywhere else. (Amazon, iTunes, etc...)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

Did you know... A gigaton is what scientists use to measure the loss of ice from Earth's largest ice sheets in Greenland and Antarctica.

This weight is equivalent to over 100 million elephants or 6 million blue whales.

📸: Paul Nicklen, SeaLegacy

• Options
    LizJ said:
    Universal (where you can pre-order) just sent an E-Mail. Dance of the Clairvoyants will be available on January 21st! Can’t wait to listen to the new music! 😁

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    lol, and repeatedly
  • Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    edited January 2020
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

👍👍

maybe a cameo on Trailer Park Boys