My Time is coming to an end on this forum

My renewal is coming up in November and I've decided its time to check out. I wont be renewing my membership.

I only created this thread because I wanted to take a minute to thank many of you who I have had the opportunity to interact with here.

Lots of trading, selling, buying and free giveaways were had all around and its been a good time.

As I leave, Newer members will salivate at the thought of moving up the ladder by 1 notch. Your Welcome (but mine is a higher # to begin with so...).

My greatest contribution here on the forum ... the "tomorrow is the 10th" thread will continue on without me so enjoy that one.

Take care of yourselves and keep on keeping on

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Sorry to hear that man! Hope all is well and good luck to you in the future. 
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    Be well, Hank. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Wait, this is a member-only board? I had no idea, honestly, as I can lurk here without logging in. Just members-only to post, maybe?

Not trying to hijack your goodbye thread.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,940
    Hey man. Sorry to hear that. You'll be missed. Our shared interest in PJ, The Black Crowes and others is appreciated as are your input/comments/thoughts on multiple threads. The Porch will still be here if you ever change your mind.
    Be well,
    David
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Staying in the 10Club was probably the smartest thing teen me did. Sending in those freaking post cards. 

Sorry to see you go. Dont go.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,788
    edited October 2019
    Stick around.... $20

its $.55 a day..... I feel like a spokesperson for “save the children” or those sad as fuck Sarah McG Animal rescue commercials

but it’s true... things will 50/50 get better next year, me thinks
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    CROJAM95 said:
    Stick around.... $20

its $.55 a day..... I feel like a spokesperson for “save the children” or those sad as fuck Sarah McG Animal rescue commercials

with seniority a thing of the past, and now the vinyl and deep magazine toast, there is no reason to stay. if a tour is announced, you can join then. most likely you'll know ahead of time to join before it's officially announced anyway, if the lottery is your concern. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    edited October 2019
    This is my church.  They have my $40/year for life. 
    All the best to you, @willbarclay
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    I hope your renewal is after the 10th, so we can annoy the shit out of you with one last barrage of notifications!! :lol:  J/k, enjoy man!!  Always hate to see people go but ya gotta do what's best for yourself.
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    edited October 2019
    CROJAM95 said:
    Stick around.... $20

You must be the guy who said, "Math, I'll never need it."  :)
    Post edited by KV4053 on
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • i wish u all the best 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 370
    edited October 2019
    Post edited by KW6232 on
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 370
    I thought they said the deep magazine was continuing and only the single was gone. 
    KW6232 said:
    I thought they said the deep magazine was continuing and only the single was gone. 
    you could be right. i can't keep what this club says straight anymore. 

www.headstonesband.com

KV4053 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Stick around.... $20

I Added an extra 5....stupid keyboard

actually $.05 a day....even more reason to stay
    CROJAM95 said:
    Stick around.... $20

with seniority a thing of the past, and now the vinyl and deep magazine toast, there is no reason to stay. if a tour is announced, you can join then. most likely you'll know ahead of time to join before it's officially announced anyway, if the lottery is your concern. 
    Seniority isnt gone....Theres a lot of confusion out there. 
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Stick around.... $20

let me be more specific.....seniority does nothing for floor seats. which is what most people want anyway. 

www.headstonesband.com

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,955
    The 10th thread is my favorite.  Thanks for creating it!  All the best!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Seniority is the only thing that keeps me in the 10C. I don't care about the vinyl or deep magazine. I have no interest in GA. Gimme those tasty side section seats.  
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Stick around.... $20

let me be more specific.....seniority does nothing for floor seats. which is what most people want anyway. 
    Sure it does. You get better floor seats. Senioity just has no bearing on the ability to get tickets in general.

(Thread integrity, take care!)
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    edited October 2019
    RK50065 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Stick around.... $20

Sure it does. You get better floor seats. Senioity just has no bearing on the ability to get tickets in general.

It does nothing for standing tickets (GA). Which is what PJ does around the world - even in the US nowadays.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • This is my church.  They have my $40/year for life. 
    All the best to you, @willbarclay
    I must agree here
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 945
    on2legs said:
    This
  • Why leave?

You will miss out on the yearly holiday single.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    RK50065 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Stick around.... $20

the band only does GA these days. so that means seniority means zero for the floor. if they go back to seats on the floor, then it means something. 

www.headstonesband.com

• willbarclaywillbarclay Posts: 3,298
    Thanks to all for the kind words everyone.
    im glad the “10th” thread has touched so many lives 
    i will continue to eavesdrop over here from time to time and I will miss not being able to put in my 2 cents on the occasional discussion 
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460
    I’ve thought about leaving too Will, want to be able to have a chance at those tickets when they tour again....

all the best.

SC
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • 1awman1awman Posts: 41
    rw160510 said:
    on2legs said:
    This
    This again

Bump
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    edited October 2019
    KV4053 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Stick around.... $20

:lol:

Take it easy Willbarclay. I'm sorry to be losing another Canuck on the boards.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata