Please PJ, new album before the next tour

2»

Comments

• raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,158
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    Making tours without new album make each tour similar to the previous one. The new songs make a difference, otherwise a 2015 tour is (basically) identical to one in 2018 and 2020.
    Are we talking about the same band here?
    Sure, but we have a different way to think about this band. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,158
    PJNB said:
    That is not the option I am saying. I am saying if the album is going to come out later no matter what bring on the tour. I would rather shows then no shows new music or not. I am not saying the option is to tour next summer or get the album done next summer. Also saying they are playing the same show that they played in 2016 is crazy imo. 
    Basically, not the same show obviously. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    Making tours without new album make each tour similar to the previous one. The new songs make a difference, otherwise a 2015 tour is (basically) identical to one in 2018 and 2020.
    Yes 
    the shows are not fresh right now. 
    Play Wrigley again and it’s really mailing it in.
    Its not the band I knew
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    jdopj said:
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    Yes 
    the shows are not fresh right now. 
    Play Wrigley again and it’s really mailing it in.
    Its not the band I knew
    Glad I feel the way I do and not the way you guys do. I went to 7 shows in 2018 and everyone one of them felt fresh and unique. 
  • stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    New music before more more shows for me for sure.  There are enough bootlegs out there that I don’t need to hear Even Flow or Betterman or Corduroy on disc or live for a good while. I agree when it’s played in front of you it’s more special but not really special enough that I need another reading of the same thing. 

Gone are the days when a short clip of them playing live aired on MTV or flashing by on the news somewhere was a hold your breath moment that you relayed to your friends, speculating on what you saw or whether it was a new song etc. Ironically, when they were bootlegged those crappy recordings felt more rare and intimate, like sneaking into a show you never got tickets for, hearing something just out of reach.

I‘m grateful for the quality audio and completist documentation of their live shows now, but to me it feels like hitting shuffle on their playlist. Something is missing.