edited October 2019 in The Porch
Thanks, 
Luca
"I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
pearljamonline.it
Post edited by raindog80 on

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Not looking likely now with Europe up first before NA imo. Wonder what the delay is. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    edited October 2019
    Hopefully you won't disturb your neighbors on the first and third floor too much when you blast it when it finally arrives...

:)

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    raindog80 said:
    Thanks, 
    Luca
    +1
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,355

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,902
    PJNB said:
    Not looking likely now with Europe up first before NA imo. Wonder what the delay is. 
    What makes you say that?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    What makes you say that?
    Just feel like NA would get the new album tour first like in 2006,2009,2013. Strong rumors of Europe in the rumor thread next summer. 
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    demetrios said:

Watching Schitts Creek as I saw this. Great funny show. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    New album would be great before the next tour as I think the band would be excited to play some new music.  Overall though I am content with their catalog and the live shows is what I am in this for.  

Disclaimer:  If 1990-1995 Stone shows up with these amazing riffs then yes, new album all the way.   
  • They don’t care what you want, bra.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,527
    PJNB said:
    Didn't both the Binaurual Tour and Backspacer Tours start in Europe then end in NA (aside from a warmup show or two)?
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:
    Didn't both the Binaurual Tour and Backspacer Tours start in Europe then end in NA (aside from a warmup show or two)?
    I would not consider 2009 Backpacer Tour starting in Europe at all. 
  • raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,158
    They don’t care what you want, bra.
    True.
    pearljamonline.it
    Hopefully you won't disturb your neighbors on the first and third floor too much when you blast it when it finally arrives...

:)

B) 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Zod said:
    PJNB said:
    I think they may have debuted a couple songs from Backspacer on the Europe leg, but the album dropped the day before the US tour started in Seattle that year.  Could be a similar pattern
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,277
    yes please
    danny d
    If the album is holding the tour up then bring the tour on. No reason to delay a tour just because new music is not out imo. 
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Please release a coloring book first!
    PJNB said:
    If the album is holding the tour up then bring the tour on. No reason to delay a tour just because new music is not out imo. 
    Don't. 
    pearljamonline.it
    Please release a coloring book first!
    LOL
    pearljamonline.it
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    Refreshing to see people wanting new music.  I'm on team please only tour studios until this puppy is done!
    Zod said:
    Binaural yes.
    Avocado first date was at Astoria, in London, UK, then USA Tour.
    Backspacer (almost) yes. 
    pearljamonline.it
    Deadman said:
    Refreshing to see people wanting new music.  I'm on team please only tour studios until this puppy is done!
     ;) 
    pearljamonline.it
    edited October 2019
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    Don't. 
    Don't what exactly? I get that those that want new music. I do too but if the album is not coming out in 2021 regardless of their touring schedule then why would you not want shows in 2020? 
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    Don't. 
    Don't what exactly? I get that those that want new music. I do too but if the album is not coming out in 2021 regardless of their touring schedule then why would you not want shows in 2020? 
    Hope PJ not play any other shows before their new album release. 
    pearljamonline.it
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    Don't. 
    Ok I expect you to miss the next tour then while the rest of us enjoy the best live band in the world. Why something would rather no shows over something is beyond me. 
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,309
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    Don't. 
    Ok I expect you to miss the next tour then while the rest of us enjoy the best live band in the world. Why something would rather no shows over something is beyond me. 
    If the other option is making new music I vote for that over shows in massive stadiums playing essentially the same show they've been playing since 2016
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    NewJPage said:
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    Don't. 
    If the other option is making new music I vote for that over shows in massive stadiums playing essentially the same show they've been playing since 2016
    Exactly. 
    pearljamonline.it
    edited October 2019
    Making tours without new album make each tour similar to the previous one. The new songs make a difference, otherwise a 2015 tour is (basically) identical to one in 2018 and 2020.
    pearljamonline.it
    NewJPage said:
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    Don't. 
    That is not the option I am saying. I am saying if the album is going to come out later no matter what bring on the tour. I would rather shows then no shows new music or not. I am not saying the option is to tour next summer or get the album done next summer. Also saying they are playing the same show that they played in 2016 is crazy imo. 
    raindog80 said:
    Making tours without new album make each tour similar to the previous one. The new songs make a difference, otherwise a 2015 tour is (basically) identical to one in 2018 and 2020.
    Are we talking about the same band here?