Did Liam meet Eddie, or Eddie meet Liam?

13»

Comments

• rummy said:
    Live Forever might be the best rock song of the 90s 
     B) 
    Top 5
    Noel said it was a reaction to Kurt Cobain writing a song he heard titled “I Hate Myself and Wanna Die”
    Live Forever is the Yang to that song.
    I'm really curious is this is indeed true. The timeline seems a bit tight.
    Noel has said so in interviews. But it could be one of Noels created stories after the fact. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • rummy said:
     B) 
    Top 5
    I think it is their best tune and indeed one of the best of the decade. It's a pity that Oasis didn't get considered for the Rock Hall this year. I think they deserve a spot. I sorta feel that they are Britain's version of Pearl Jam (at least from an album sales perspective and a dedicated fanbase one) and they got on in their first crack.

I have a feeling that the members of Pearl Jam are kinder and much more humble, mind you.
    Wonder if they would reform for it. Noel said in a new interview that it would take some very special circumstances for Oasis to reform, instead of saying IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    rummy said:
     B) 
    Top 5
    Noel said it was a reaction to Kurt Cobain writing a song he heard titled “I Hate Myself and Wanna Die”
    Live Forever is the Yang to that song.
    I'm really curious is this is indeed true. The timeline seems a bit tight.
    Noel has said so in interviews. But it could be one of Noels created stories after the fact. 
    It's more likely that Noel is talking out of his ass again. He said in early interviews that Live Forever was written before he joined Oasis so it couldn't be a response to the Nirvana track
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • "At the time . . . it was written in the middle of grunge and all that, and I remember Nirvana had a tune called 'I Hate Myself and Want to Die', and I was like . . . 'Well, I'm not fucking having that.' As much as I fucking like him [Cobain] and all that shit, I'm not having that. I can't have people like that coming over here, on smack, fucking saying that they hate themselves and they wanna die. That's fucking rubbish. Kids don't need to be hearing that nonsense.

Seems to me that here was a guy who had everything, and was miserable about it. And we had fuck-all, and I still thought that getting up in the morning was the greatest fuckin' thing ever, 'cause you didn't know where you'd end up at night. And we didn't have a pot to piss in, but it was fucking great, man."

• goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    edited October 2019
    "At the time . . . it was written in the middle of grunge and all that, and I remember Nirvana had a tune called 'I Hate Myself and Want to Die', and I was like . . . 'Well, I'm not fucking having that.' As much as I fucking like him [Cobain] and all that shit, I'm not having that. I can't have people like that coming over here, on smack, fucking saying that they hate themselves and they wanna die. That's fucking rubbish. Kids don't need to be hearing that nonsense.

Seems to me that here was a guy who had everything, and was miserable about it. And we had fuck-all, and I still thought that getting up in the morning was the greatest fuckin' thing ever, 'cause you didn't know where you'd end up at night. And we didn't have a pot to piss in, but it was fucking great, man."

If you're just going to quote Wikipedia to back a comment up, at least look at the top of the page where it says "Gallagher wrote the song in 1991, before he joined Oasis"
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,645
    Eddie met Liam. He was madferit.
    https://youtu.be/PDOM8Xzjp_E
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    edited October 2019
    goldrush said:
    "At the time . . . it was written in the middle of grunge and all that, and I remember Nirvana had a tune called 'I Hate Myself and Want to Die', and I was like . . . 'Well, I'm not fucking having that.' As much as I fucking like him [Cobain] and all that shit, I'm not having that. I can't have people like that coming over here, on smack, fucking saying that they hate themselves and they wanna die. That's fucking rubbish. Kids don't need to be hearing that nonsense.

If you're just going to quote Wikipedia to back a comment up, at least look at the top of the page where it says "Gallagher wrote the song in 1991, before he joined Oasis"
    What am I backing up!? I just posted what Noel has said about it...

Chill out. I'm team Liam.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on