Options

2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    'kin Clippers lost Kawhi to a knee injury for tonight's game 3 vs Phoenix.  

So frustrating to be a Clipper's fan come play-off time!
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    SAC is good but I’m rooting for GSW. Steve Kerr go boy
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    JOEJOEJOE said:

That team will never win anything. They are seemingly cursed.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Poncier said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

OMG so true.

When I lived out there and the Lakers were led by Shit Van Exel the Clippers were actually the better team.  They had commercials promoting this but still no one gave a shit, lol.

Do they even have one HOFer in their history?
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Poncier said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

There's a bunch of guys that played for the Clippers at some point that are in the HoF. But no one that when you say their name you think Clippers.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Poncier said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

There's a bunch of guys that played for the Clippers at some point that are in the HoF. But no one that when you say their name you think Clippers.
    I thought Odom was going to have a chance...  MAybe Blake Griffin?

They don't seem to hold on to their draft picks too long.

Wasn't Danny Manning on their team?
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Jumb0 said:
    Poncier said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Clippers drafted Manning #1 overall in 1988. He played for them for about 5 or 6 years before bouncing around the league. He's one of those guys you wonder what he could have accomplished if he didn't have those knee injuries.
  • Options
    As a franchise, I'd say the best player drafted by the Clippers was Bob McAdoo. That was when they were the Buffalo Braves.
  • Options
    As a franchise, I'd say the best player drafted by the Clippers was Bob McAdoo. That was when they were the Buffalo Braves.
    McAdoo made his name w the Lakers though right?
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Poncier said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Clippers drafted Manning #1 overall in 1988. He played for them for about 5 or 6 years before bouncing around the league. He's one of those guys you wonder what he could have accomplished if he didn't have those knee injuries.
    Quentin Richardson was one I thought for sure was going to be great.  He killed in college.  Never did become much. Darius Miles that same draft.  Both never did much.

Anybody remember Chris Jackson?  Changed his name to Mahmoud Abdul Rauf.  He had severe OCD and practiced like a madman.  I liked him.
  • Options
    McAdoo made his name w the Lakers though right?
    He made his name right away with the Braves. He won the scoring title his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year in the league and also was league MVP at Buffalo. He did get 2 championships with the Lakers, but that was towards the end of his career coming off the bench.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Poncier said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Quentin Richardson was one I thought for sure was going to be great.  He killed in college.  Never did become much. Darius Miles that same draft.  Both never did much.

Anybody remember Chris Jackson?  Changed his name to Mahmoud Abdul Rauf.  He had severe OCD and practiced like a madman.  I liked him.
    I thought Richardson was going to better too. I remember watching some of his games at DePaul thinking he was primed to be a star.

I thought Abdul-Rauf played for the Nuggets?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,900
    Blake Griffin or Elton Brand were the first ones that popped in my head
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Jumb0 said:
    Poncier said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Griffin might have a chance, outside shot I'd guess based on his career. Adding 2023 NBA champion will help the resume even if it's mostly riding the pine.

These are the player in the HoF who have played for the Clippers:

Adrian Dantley 1 season with Clips
    Grant Hill 1 season with Clips (29 games)
    Moses Malone 2 games with Clips
    Bob McAdoo 5 seasons with Buffalo who became the Clips
    Paul Pierce 2 seasons with Clips
    Bill Walton 4 seasons with Clips (plus 2 full missed seasons with injury while there)
    Jamaal Wilkes 13 games with Clips
    Dominique Wilkins 25 games with Clips

So, McAdoo is the only one who was in his prime and put up HoF numbers with the franchise and that was before they were the Clippers.
    Basically the Clippers are bereft of hall of famers

• Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Poncier said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

I thought Richardson was going to better too. I remember watching some of his games at DePaul thinking he was primed to be a star.

Correct on both accounts.  I remember seeing Richardson on the cover of SI and saying, yep, he's gone after 1 year.  Dude was a beast at DuPaul.

Abdul Rauf was a Nugget but his name popped into my head.  I always liked him as a player.
  • Options
    Blake Griffin or Elton Brand were the first ones that popped in my head
    Brand and Odom Both!

Griffin still has a chance to make the HOF though.  He did ball out for a while and dude did jump over a car for a dunk.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Jumb0 said:
    Poncier said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Griffin might have a chance, outside shot I'd guess based on his career. Adding 2023 NBA champion will help the resume even if it's mostly riding the pine.

Bill Walton 4 seasons with Clips (plus 2 full missed seasons with injury while there)

So, McAdoo is the only one who was in his prime and put up HoF numbers with the franchise and that was before they were the Clippers.

Nice research.  There is Chris Paul in the future but not sure he was even there long enough.  Has he played for like 6 teams now?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Jumb0 said:
    Poncier said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Nice research.  There is Chris Paul in the future but not sure he was even there long enough.  Has he played for like 6 teams now?
    They have a few sure fire HoFers currently in the league.
    Paul, Kawhi and likely Playoff Missing PG13.
    Of those Paul has played the most with the Clips, but still far less than half his career (a third actually, 6 of 18 seasons to date).
    Leonard and George if they stay in LA until retirement maybe can be thought of as Clippers when all is said and done, but right now to me Kawhi wears a Spurs baseball cap into Cooperstown and George a Pacers cap.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Jumb0 said:
    Poncier said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Of those Paul has played the most with the Clips, but still far less than half his career (a third actually, 6 of 18 seasons to date).
    Leonard and George if they stay in LA until retirement maybe can be thought of as Clippers when all is said and done, but right now to me Kawhi wears a Spurs baseball cap into Cooperstown and George a Pacers cap.
    Yeah and I see CP3 as a NOLA guy still.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Poncier said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Correct on both accounts.  I remember seeing Richardson on the cover of SI and saying, yep, he's gone after 1 year.  Dude was a beast at DuPaul.

Abdul Rauf was a Nugget but his name popped into my head.  I always liked him as a player.
    Ok. I was like wait...Abdul-Rauf wasn't a Clipper. I thought I was losing my memory there for a minute lol.
  • Options
    There's no way Blake Griffin makes the HoF 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Jumb0 said:
    Poncier said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Agree with you on Leonard and George. I would go as far as saying Leonard would also need to win at least one championship as a Clipper as well.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Basketball Reference rates his chances at 54.8%, so it's possible.
    Like I said above, borderline.
    Averaged over 20 PPG 9 times (and 19.8 one other season), jumped over a Kia and is a soon to be NBA champion, so it's a definite maybe.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    Poncier said:
    Jumb0 said:
    Poncier said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

fuck chris paul.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Jumb0 said:
    Averaged over 20 PPG 9 times (and 19.8 one other season), jumped over a Kia and is a soon to be NBA champion, so it's a definite maybe.

Jumping over the hood of a car in a slam dunk contest should not be anywhere near the criteria for the HoF
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,512
    I saw McAdoo when he was play in Italy, 1988 i think..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Poncier said:
    Jumb0 said:

Jumping over the hood of a car in a slam dunk contest should not be anywhere near the criteria for the HoF
    Gee maybe I put that in there facetiously, who knows?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,900
    I ain't a LeBron James fan but what Brooks did you him was uncalled for and he got what he deserved.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I ain't a LeBron James fan but what Brooks did you him was uncalled for and he got what he deserved.
    Right. Brooks acting like a Sixer and going after the family jewels is uncool.
  • Options
    Knicks look good.  
    That GS game was great too.  I give Deaaron Fox crap but man that guy can play.  I changed my mind about him.