Options

2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225

That GS game was great too.  I give Deaaron Fox crap but man that guy can play.  I changed my mind about him.  
    He looked great yesterday.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Poncier said:

That GS game was great too.  I give Deaaron Fox crap but man that guy can play.  I changed my mind about him.  
    He looked great yesterday.
    I had heard that he is a true star now and grew up.  He looked amazing.  Good for him.  I loved him in college.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,430
    7 first round series that are not 4-game sweeps. :)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    I am thoroughly enjoying the product.
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Poncier said:
    I ain't a LeBron James fan but what Brooks did you him was uncalled for and he got what he deserved.
    Right. Brooks acting like a Sixer and going after the family jewels is uncool.

It wasn't intentional. He's going to swipe at the ball and Bron goes behind the back and jumps right. 
    It was worthy of a flagrant 2 but nothing more. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    Jimmy Butler went off last night! Let's see if Miami can hold off the Bucks.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Jimmy Butler went off last night! Let's see if Miami can hold off the Bucks.

Potentially the two remaining teams with the best records in the NBA playing each other in the 2nd round. They really should reseed after the 1st round.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
    NHL playoffs are much more entertaining.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Wobbie said:
    Are they televised, Wob?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Are they televised, Wob?
    they are….and I must say, my LV announcers are much better than the shit on espn/tbs.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    maybe the next round will be better. so far, the NBA playoffs have been a snooze.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    maybe the next round will be better. so far, the NBA playoffs have been a snooze.
    Youre nuts.  Even I am enjoying the Knicks games.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    NBA playoffs have been spectacular thus far, even with taking into account the injuries. 

Both top 2 seeds in the East are in danger of not making it out of the first round. I think the Celts hang on, but the Heat can close it out tonight. This stuff rarely ever happens. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    NBA playoffs have been spectacular thus far, even with taking into account the injuries. 

Both top 2 seeds in the East are in danger of not making it out of the first round. I think the Celts hang on, but the Heat can close it out tonight. This stuff rarely ever happens. 
    That is playoff basketball now though.  Some teams turn it up in the playoffs while others play great in the regular season.  Bucks bench isn't doing it this year.  Miami is deep.

Look at Kevin Love, he is like the 4th option now on that team as a starter, it's nuts.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Wobbie said:

That is playoff basketball now though.  Some teams turn it up in the playoffs while others play great in the regular season.  Bucks bench isn't doing it this year.  Miami is deep.

Look at Kevin Love, he is like the 4th option now on that team as a starter, it's nuts.
    Yeah, but 1 and 2 seeds usually dispense of their opponents in sweeps or gentlemen sweeps. I think this is an indicator that there is, at least slightly, more parity than before. A lot of good teams, but no great ones currently. 

I was hoping the Sixers would get Love when he became available. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Yeah, but 1 and 2 seeds usually dispense of their opponents in sweeps or gentlemen sweeps. I think this is an indicator that there is, at least slightly, more parity than before. A lot of good teams, but no great ones currently. 

Sixers even need him?  Herro is out for Heat so he is a good fit now.

You've got Maxey and Thybule.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Love's a stretch 5/forward. Maxey is a guard and they traded Thybulle.

I would have much preferred they signed Love as opposed to Dewayne Dedmon, yeah. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I would have much preferred they signed Love as opposed to Dewayne Dedmon, yeah. lol
    Dedmon Walking...

• Options
    Wobbie said:

Thybule is gone? I liked him.

Maxey can shoot outside as can Love and every other NBA player now.

So you have Embiid that's not really a center nor is Love.  They can both play PF stretch positions.  I don't think anyone needs an actual center unless you play against Gobert.

I'd have picked Love over Deadmon too.
  • Options
    Wait....you do not think Joel Embiid is a center?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I don't think so at all but that is what they list him as, no?
  • Options
    What more "center" things can Embiid do that would make you consider him a center?

• Options
    What more "center" things can Embiid do that would make you consider him a center?
    I'm at a loss on this one. lol. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wow.
    I mean, Embiid is the purest center in the league currently. Way more so than guys like Jokic or Davis or Adebayo.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Wow.
    I mean, Embiid is the purest center in the league currently. Way more so than guys like Jokic or Davis or Adebayo.
    Oh I don't know.  A center doesn't take the point, dribble up the court or take 3's...  You know, they usually just hang around the paint like shaq, Hakkem, or Robinson?

Pure center is Goebert.  Embiid is not.  He does everything I mentioned above.
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Position labels are meaningless in basketball now
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Wow.
    Oh I don't know.  A center doesn't take the point, dribble up the court or take 3's...  You know, they usually just hang around the paint like shaq, Hakkem, or Robinson?

Embiid takes the occasional 3, but in general his offensive game is very comparable to a Hakeem or Robinson.
    Goebert has no offensive game whatsoever, he's only a pure center on the defensive end. He just looks for offensive boards and the occasional lob on the offensive end.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Wow.

Embiid takes the occasional 3, but in general his offensive game is very comparable to a Hakeem or Robinson.
    Goebert has no offensive game whatsoever, he's only a pure center on the defensive end. He just looks for offensive boards and the occasional lob on the offensive end.
    Now this is actually funny because Hakeem has called out Embiid for not playing like a center.  I do not see anything remotely close to him playing like a center.  All the positions are outdated now anyways.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Position labels are meaningless in basketball now
    Agreed other than a point guard.  They should retain that name, all the others are stretch and powers.
  • Options
    The guy makes 33% of his 3's so he should shoot some.