Options

2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,490
    Poncier said:
    Kyrie flipping the bird, lol.

Nets are going to win that series.  If KD and Curry shot better this game was done.
    Bye bye Nets..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,070
    23scidoo said:
    Poncier said:

Nets are going to win that series.  If KD and Curry shot better this game was done.
    Bye bye Nets..
    one of the most tedious teams I've ever seen. Never saw a team in the NBA where it was more about who wasn't available. 
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220

Looks like the big trade might be a bust for both teams, at least for this season. Simmons never saw the floor and Harden looks cooked currently.
    Whether Simmons does anything meaningful going forward remains to be seen, he's still quite young, but not sure the dude really cares about basketball, and that's a lot of money to pay a guy who doesn't love the game. Harden may be breaking down and at 32 his best days are clearly behind him
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,070
    Poncier said:

Looks like the big trade might be a bust for both teams, at least for this season. Simmons never saw the floor and Harden looks cooked currently.
    Whether Simmons does anything meaningful going forward remains to be seen, he's still quite young, but not sure the dude really cares about basketball, and that's a lot of money to pay a guy who doesn't love the game. Harden may be breaking down and at 32 his best days are clearly behind him
    The Celtics were impressive. Their physicality in that series was championship like.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,977
    Poncier said:

If you would have told me that Kyrie and KD were checking out after game 1 I would have called you a liar and a fatmouth.

KD and Kyrie have lost all credibility with me now...  Oh and Simmons?  Child, please.

Even though they made it to the playoffs this team is a dumpster fire.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    Ja Morant would not be denied tonight.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    These playoffs are so pretty damn good so far 
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    How is that not a foul?  He was out of the restricted area.  

Did he get there late?

With that being said that is Ja's signature move.  I know he has so much hang time that players can get set while he's already airborne!
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:

Did he get there late?

With that being said that is Ja's signature move.  I know he has so much hang time that players can get set while he's already airborne!
    If you look closely there really isn't much of any contact, which is remarkable.
    Mainly the contact is when Townes moves his arm at the end.
    Ja somehow manages to not plow through him.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Jumb0 said:

Did he get there late?

If you look closely there really isn't much of any contact, which is remarkable.
    Mainly the contact is when Townes moves his arm at the end.
    Ja somehow manages to not plow through him.
    I disagree.  He had to move him or he would have never reached the basket.

Contact is contact.  That's a foul.

Ja's knees are in his chest.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    I don't think that's a foul.. Slow motion shows Townes moving backwards a little right when Ja approaches him too. Incredible dunk.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I don't think that's a foul.. Slow motion shows Townes moving backwards a little right when Ja approaches him too. Incredible dunk.
    I thought he moved after contact?

Either way, bitchen dunk.  Still say it's a foul, lol.
  • Options

I mean, if that kind of contact is a foul, every play in basketball would be as well. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I mean, if that kind of contact is a foul, every play in basketball would be as well. haha
    Exactly.
    If anything he grazed him.
  • Options

Poncier said:

Exactly.
    He is posted up in the restricted area.  Any contact w him is a charge, cmon...  Completely different.

Anyone that sacrifices their body like that should get the call.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    edited April 2022
    I hate when guys try to take a charge on a dunk. Try to block it instead. I would never in a million years give the defensive player the call there. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

Poncier said:

Exactly.
    He is posted up in the restricted area.  Any contact w him is a charge, cmon...  Completely different.

He's outside the restricted area, not in it. If he's in it it's an automatic defensive foul, however it's not an automatic charge outside the area, you're mixing the rule up.

Buit watch the video in real time, not the twitter slo-mo.
    First off, my bad its Beasley not Townes, thought from the other video it was KAT.
    2nd there is pretty much no contact initiated by Morant. There's no way you call a charge there. Closest thing to contact were Ja's nuts almost landing on top of Beasley's head.

https://youtu.be/zDOF56D0yo4
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    Looking at that video above^^^ that could've been called a Block as it looked to me that the defender was moving when Ja took off for his Dunk.

Hell of a Dunk !!
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Poncier said:

Exactly.

He's outside the restricted area, not in it. If he's in it it's an automatic defensive foul, however it's not an automatic charge outside the area, you're mixing the rule up.

First off, my bad its Beasley not Townes, thought from the other video it was KAT.
    2nd there is pretty much no contact initiated by Morant. There's no way you call a charge there. Closest thing to contact were Ja's nuts almost landing on top of Beasley's head.

Poncier said:

Poncier said:

Exactly.

Wrong wording, you know what I meant.  He is outside and it should be called a charge.  The defender had position "outside" the restricted area and the offensive player made contact with the defender.

Did you miss Ja pushing off his shoulder too?

it's a great dunk but it's a foul.

Ja's rc year he postered Kevin Love too but got called for the charge.  It's actually on a basketball card now so that image is immortalized.
  • Options
    I hate when guys try to take a charge on a dunk. Try to block it instead. I would never in a million years give the defensive player the call there. 
    Who the hell is blocking that?  Take the charge.

Barkley said he used to kick guys in the nuts if they did that, lol.
  • Options

Yeah take the charge and get some nuts in your face, and probably not get the call anyway because dunks are fun and no one (besides you I guess) wants to see an awesome dunk nullified by a charge call. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Yeah take the charge and get some nuts in your face, and probably not get the call anyway because dunks are fun and no one (besides you I guess) wants to see an awesome dunk nullified by a charge call. 
    It's part of the game.  Don't like it?  Remove the rule then.  
  • Options

It's part of the game.  Don't like it?  Remove the rule then.  

I agree. Get rid of it. Make it where the offensive player’s foot has to be on the ground. After all, that’s how the rule came to be; truly trying to “charge” through your opponent by dribbling through him. Of course, that was before guys could basically fly through the air. Now they fly, so alter the rule. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    No charge in my Book as the defender slide over as Ja was gathering and about to jump for the Dunk.

Plus, tell me the advantage Ja got to be able to dunk the ball?
  • Options
    cutz said:
    No charge in my Book as the defender slide over as Ja was gathering and about to jump for the Dunk.

Defender was set before takeoff.
  • Options
    Where is the contact usually needed for an offensive foul? Beasley started moving back right as Ja was leaping and that negated the contact needed to draw a whistle in the playoffs. It looks like Ja's left leg just grazed him. That's basically it. If Beasley wanted the charge, he should've stood straight up and accepted the contact instead of, essentially, moving out of Ja's way. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    cutz said:

You say he was and I say he wasn't set. Look at the last angel from the top. Defender was still moving when Ja picked up his dribble to start his dunk.

But, again , where does Ja gain an advantage on that drive?
  • Options
    Where is the contact usually needed for an offensive foul? Beasley started moving back right as Ja was leaping and that negated the contact needed to draw a whistle in the playoffs. It looks like Ja's left leg just grazed him. That's basically it. If Beasley wanted the charge, he should've stood straight up and accepted the contact instead of, essentially, moving out of Ja's way. 

cutz said:
    cutz said:

You say he was and I say he wasn't set. Look at the last angel from the top. Defender was still moving when Ja picked up his dribble to start his dunk.

But, again , where does Ja gain an advantage on that drive?
    I don't know how to stop and take a screen shot on this PC so if you watch the video and pause at 5 sec.  Beasly is set.  That still above is AFTER contact.  Ja pushed off on his shoulder when he jumped too.

Ja's advantage is he bumped the defender out of position.

I find it hard to believe that people don't see this as a charge and the refs missed it?