Options

2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    ^^^When I first saw the play I thought it was a charge but after replay I don't think it was.

For me there was no advantage when he was already starting his way up to dunk before any kind of contact. Play on .
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    edited April 2022
    He actually did not push off with his shoulder, either. His hand was moving the other way to avoid contact with his shoulder and a split second later he used that hand to protect his nuts from hitting that same shoulder! lol Plus, in this still, you can even see Beasley avoiding contact already, instead of drawing the charge. Had he been standing straight up at this point, Ja would have no choice but to move straight into him and knock him over. Instead, he's moving backwards during the whole play. 

I don't think it's hyperbole to say that was one of the greatest dunks in the history of the sport. It's an all timer. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Yeah tempo, you're kind of on an island on this one.
    Like Juggs said, Beasley is shying away from the contact, you're not likely to get a charge call that way.
    Watch how Marcus Smart takes a charge against Giannis Sunday (good chance it happens), he'll stand straight there and absorb the full brunt of the contact. That's how you get the refs to call an offensive foul.
    There hasn't been any hue and cry for a foul on Ja, don't even think Beasley complained about no call.
    That's just not a charge in the NBA.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    He actually did not push off with his shoulder, either. His hand was moving the other way to avoid contact with his shoulder and a split second later he used that hand to protect his nuts from hitting that same shoulder! lol Plus, in this still, you can even see Beasley avoiding contact already, instead of drawing the charge. Had he been standing straight up at this point, Ja would have no choice but to move straight into him and knock him over. Instead, he's moving backwards during the whole play. 

I don't think it's hyperbole to say that was one of the greatest dunks in the history of the sport. It's an all timer. 
    JA USED HIS HAND TO PUSH OFF, not Beasly.

If you stop and go frame by frame it can be anything...

Seeing that pic though there is contact.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Yeah tempo, you're kind of on an island on this one.
    Like Juggs said, Beasley is shying away from the contact, you're not likely to get a charge call that way.
    Watch how Marcus Smart takes a charge against Giannis Sunday (good chance it happens), he'll stand straight there and absorb the full brunt of the contact. That's how you get the refs to call an offensive foul.
    There hasn't been any hue and cry for a foul on Ja, don't even think Beasley complained about no call.
    That's just not a charge in the NBA.
    Watching it in real time it looks to me that contact then Beasly moves but ehh, whatever.

Still a bad ass dunk.
  • Options

JA USED HIS HAND TO PUSH OFF, not Beasly.

If you stop and go frame by frame it can be anything...

Seeing that pic though there is contact.
    Obviously you cannot see the hand when it's behind Beasley's head. But seeing as how the hand is already facing himself and not still towards Beasley here, that leads me to believe his hand was just moving past him to protect his nuts. If he was pushing off Beasley's shoulder, I'd think you'd see that....but you don't. It looks like he is trying to avoid Beasley. 

I don't see any contact worthy of a foul, especially considering Beasley's moving backwards to avoid contact during the whole video. Had he stood straight up, a charge likely would've been called and the dunk attempt would've likely failed. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Wild that 3 days later y'all are still debating if a foul should have been called. WHO THE HELL CARES. 
    It was one of the best in game dunks in a long, long time. There's not enough contact either way to call block/charge. 

Just enjoy the moment and move on! #GrizzIn6
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Wild that 3 days later y'all are still debating if a foul should have been called. WHO THE HELL CARES. 
    It was one of the best in game dunks in a long, long time. There's not enough contact either way to call block/charge. 

Just enjoy the moment and move on! #GrizzIn6
    Go away, lol.
  • Options
    Best still I can get. Hand on shoulder. Not on Jas nuts…

foul. Great dunk. But it’s a damn foul. 

I can’t believe nobody sees ja put his hand on Bradley’s shoulder…
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430

Ja already took off when Beasley slid over 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    cutz said:

Plus his hand is clearly NOT on his shoulder in this picture. It's in the process of moving in front of his face, as you can see in the still I posted, on his way to covering his nuts. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    W H O C A R E S 
  • Options
    cutz said:

Plus his hand is clearly NOT on his shoulder in this picture. It's in the process of moving in front of his face, as you can see in the still I posted, on his way to covering his nuts. 
    Omg. Watch the damn video again. Ja puts his hand on beaslys damn shoulder. 
    Like I said that’s the best still I could get and Jas hand is not on his damn nuts…
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    cutz said:

Like I said that’s the best still I could get and Jas hand is not on his damn nuts…
    He does not. It's not even on his shoulder on your "best still," here. lol

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutz said:

He does not. It's not even on his shoulder on your "best still," here. lol

Lol I’m done w you…
  • Options
    Anybody watching this game?  Memphis is young and quick, man they look good.  This team will be something to watch these next few years.  I’m not counting out the Warriors just yet though.  Third quarters for them are usually big.
  • Options
    Yeah that was a really good game. I don't think Draymond should've been tossed. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Everyone but the refs thought it was a bullshit call.  That could have been the game for them too but the Warriors fought back.
  • Options

I was surprised they upgraded it to a flagrant 2. I guess they considered his arm coming down a "hit to the face" and then the jersey pull to the ground as two separate actions.

This is going to be a fun series. #GrizzIn7
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,506
    You are not serious..refs didn't need replay to get him out..he is very dirty..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    You are in a very small minority on that one.
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    He hit him in the face and then grab him from shirt.. what else should do??.. shoot him??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    He hit him in the face and then grab him from shirt.. what else should do??.. shoot him??
    He went for the ball and hit him in the face.  The jersey pull was not a flagrant...
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    He went for the ball and hit him in the face.  The jersey pull was not a flagrant...
    You think jerseys pull wasn't a dirty move??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    It wasn't a good choice I'll say that but it wasn't a flagrant 1.
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    It should have been a Flagrant 1.
    they gave him a Flagrant 2.

Should have been 2 shots and the ball but no ejection (Flagrant 1)

Of course Green doesn't help his cause with how he acts after getting ejected. One replay shows Andre Iguodala behind him while he was gesturing to the crowd saying "don't do that"

• Options
    Poncier said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

Of course Green doesn't help his cause with how he acts after getting ejected. One replay shows Andre Iguodala behind him while he was gesturing to the crowd saying "don't do that"

I thought they hit him w the Flagrant2 because of the head hit?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

They gave him the flagrant 2 because of the combo of both acts if I understood the explanation.
    My point is that I think the entirety of it deserved a Flagrant 1, not a Flagrant 2.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

They gave him the flagrant 2 because of the combo of both acts if I understood the explanation.
    My point is that I think the entirety of it deserved a Flagrant 1, not a Flagrant 2.
    Ok I see that.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    man….I think six of the eight teams left could win the whole thing.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16