Options

2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Phoenix looks lost.  Great adjustment by Kid and the Mavs.
    The Heat have such a deep team they shouldn't be losing to Philly.
    Warriors are going to roll on the Grizz now.
    Boston can't figure out the Bucks so they are done too.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Wobbie said:
    man….I think six of the eight teams left could win the whole thing.
    NBA action....it's faaantastic.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    you are correct on one out of four…maybe two of four.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228

Right cause they got blown out by 2 points Saturday after a brutal wrong call on the foul that should have given Smart 3 FTs (how is a guy who's left his feet in a jump shot motion not awarded a shooting foul there?) instead of 2 that could have sent it to OT and Horford's tip in came a half second after the buzzer. Yep they certainly can't figure them out. They never stood a chance in that game.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    With Embiid playing, the Sixers are better than the Heat. Sure the Heat have more depth (most teams have more depth than the Sixers) but the Sixers best players are better than their best players and that usually decides playoff series outcomes.

Will be tough to take 2 out of 3 with Miami holding home court though. I think Sixers would've split the first two if Jo was playing...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    A bit surprised Jamie from Progressive has basically not seen the floor all series for The Heat.
    Dude can be lethal from 3, would give them some needed spacing.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Right cause they got blown out by 2 points Saturday after a brutal wrong call on the foul that should have given Smart 3 FTs (how is a guy who's left his feet in a jump shot motion not awarded a shooting foul there?) instead of 2 that could have sent it to OT and Horford's tip in came a half second after the buzzer. Yep they certainly can't figure them out. They never stood a chance in that game.
    They aren't making it past the bucks, stop it.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    How are the Jazz doing?
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,278
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:
    Shame for that team too.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

As confident in that as your prediction of the Nets beating the C's?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

I changed my mind after seeing that the Nets had a huge collapse the next game.  I said I won't ever trust the Nets and Kyrie again.  That ship has sailed.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,511
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

I changed my mind after seeing that the Nets had a huge collapse the next game.  I said I won't ever trust the Nets and Kyrie again.  That ship has sailed.
    Perhaps you'll change your mind based on the results of game 4. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,511
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Giannis won't collapse like the Nets did, no way.

That first game the Nets played they barely lost and whatever that did to their egos, killed them going any further.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

That first game the Nets played they barely lost and whatever that did to their egos, killed them going any further.
    It's Giannis' supporting cast that will be the deciding factor,
    Giannis is going to get his, what other Bucks do or don't do will determine who wins and loses.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

It's Giannis' supporting cast that will be the deciding factor,
    Giannis is going to get his, what other Bucks do or don't do will determine who wins and loses.
    He's built differently too, I'll say that.

Grayson, Portis, Jrue have all been playing really good.  Missing Middleton this round though.  I never thought I would say that Allen was playing well, ever...
  • Options
    Well now.  4th quarter Bucks forgot how to play...

GS is not playing their usual Splash Brothers style of ball.  It looked like when they went big(Memphis) they could kill the Warriors.  Didn't see that coming.
  • Options

Celtics have outscored the Bucks collectively 122-94 in the 4th Q this series (and that includes game 1 when Bucks outscored them, its 103-71 over the past 3 games).
    You can wear Milwaukee down over the course of the game, it shows up in the 4th. The Celtics are the more athletic team overall. Aside from Giannis, Milwaukee's rotation is not particularly athletic. That's why you see Celtics getting to the rim with much more frequency in 4th quarter, Bucks are tired, and their defense falls off significantly late in games.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Celtics have outscored the Bucks collectively 122-94 in the 4th Q this series (and that includes game 1 when Bucks outscored them, its 103-71 over the past 3 games).
    You can wear Milwaukee down over the course of the game, it shows up in the 4th. The Celtics are the more athletic team overall. Aside from Giannis, Milwaukee's rotation is not particularly athletic. That's why you see Celtics getting to the rim with much more frequency in 4th quarter, Bucks are tired, and their defense falls off significantly late in games.
    Coach needs to change something.  You can't do everything right for 3 quarters then fall off a cliff consistently in the 4th...

Celtics did not play like this last year but every year they disappoint me so I still hold out for the Bucks to win.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    How are the Jazz doing?
    they suck, tempo, but that’s got nothing to do with anything. I still say you’re off on at least two of your takes.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    How are the Jazz doing?
    they suck, tempo, but that’s got nothing to do with anything. I still say you’re off on at least two of your takes.
    I'm throwing shade, My Lakers are a dumpster fire currently...

Celtics may prove me wrong here, never trusted them before but now they feel like playing as a team?  
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    A bit surprised Jamie from Progressive has basically not seen the floor all series for The Heat.

good one.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Heat showed up to play.

Whatever Jason Kid did to prepare the Mavs in games 3&4 he needs to remind the team of that again because they played sloppy ball.
  • Options
    Boston collapsed at the end.  Great defense by the Bucks that last minute or so.

Somebody call up GS and let them know that they can turn it up whenever they are ready now.  Talk about a team not needing their star player?  Without Ja they were even better, go figure.
  • Options
    Huge plays by Jrue Holiday at the end of that game.
    Tough one to lose. 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Huge plays by Jrue Holiday at the end of that game.
    Tough one to lose. 
    Him and Portis had big time plays.

Smart was on the wrong end both times too...