Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    ^ Nice work...thanks!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    PJNB said:
    S
    big year for the band 25th year for vitalogy. Is it crazy to celebrate with a band still intact.

M
    I never know it is an anniversary unless someone tells me proud of it still around and still talking about the record. grateful. I do not understand why but a cool thing nothing I ever expected to happen

S
    what would you say milestones amazing is the fact band is still intact for slew of reasons. Keys to that

M
    Keys are compromise respect fighting with each other. Ability to experiment song world beat vibe techno no perameters. Of course going to shows people coming to see us grateful for that. New generation of fans equally as important. Strange family/tribe 

S
    Talking about album any what comes to mind when reflecting on particular work you were apart of/Favourite difficult to play live. 

M
    Terms of records Mad Season comes to mind. Came off way deeper and darker because of Layne. Goes into more details but missed a lot of it. 

S
    Favourite Song you been apart

M
    Inside Job. Born out of necessity. Ed did not have lyrics. Scary for him but sat down to write lyrics. About recovery. Had to sing in front of Ed. Around amazing singers was scared of that. She says he has a beautiful voice

Inside Job comes on

Edit not the best typer but tried the best I could on the fly lol. They will be back with more. 

Thank you!!
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    No news about next PJ album?  :skull:
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    They are performing tonight. Tickets available.

S
    Gotta ask rumblings working on new music
    M
    confirm working on for the last couple of years and is at the stage of writing. No date no idea what they are doing right now and is going to be a cool surprise 

Sorry not much from his response and my typing is scattered but did it as fast as I could. 
  • Options
    ^ “at the stage of writing.” 😐
  • Options
    BH87446BH87446 Posts: 113
    Well that’s disappointing... 😞
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    ^ “at the stage of writing.” 😐
    That’s depressing 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I wish I knew how to rewind this thing. I had a chance at going back a couple of minutes but it was too late and it was back to the end of the interview. Sounds like they are still writing........
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    I can go back an hour I might do that and get a better recording of what he said. Hope I did not mess it up. 
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    Thanks PNJB, you're great. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    cwjacwja Posts: 132
    PJNB said:
    I can go back an hour I might do that and get a better recording of what he said. Hope I did not mess it up. 
    I was listening and you pretty much summed it up correctly. 
  • Options
    Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
    PJNB said:
    I was listening too. You captured it right. Either he was being intentionally misleading, or we're nowhere close to the recent rumors about the album.
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    Thanks PNJB, you're great. 
    No problem. Do you have anything to add lol?
  • Options
    I'm sure the answer was purposely vague. Realistically, they are all ALWAYS writing. Mike isn't gonna drop huge news to dwarf the other thing hes promoting. 

• Options
    PJNB said:
    I wish I new how to rewind this thing. I had a chance at going back a couple of minutes but it was too late and it was back to the end of the interview. Sounds like they are still writing........
    Unless he’s just throwing us a curve ball, that’s about the worst news that could have come from the interview. I figured at worst he just wouldn’t comment on it.  I was wrong. 
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    I feel like every time someone from the band gets asked about it, they say they're in the writing stage. It seems like that's been the answer for over a year. 
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Unfortunately we can't really believe what Mike says... It's almost like the rest of the band keeps him in the dark because they know he has loose lips...

Remember when he said they had all that unused material left over from Avocado and they'd be releasing an EP? Never happened!
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    My mood is ruined :s 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    I wish I new how to rewind this thing. I had a chance at going back a couple of minutes but it was too late and it was back to the end of the interview. Sounds like they are still writing........
    Unless he’s just throwing us a curve ball, that’s about the worst news that could have come from the interview. I figured at worst he just wouldn’t comment on it.  I was wrong. 
    Ya at first he joked about wanting Oasis to get back together then joked about no comment. I wonder how far along it is. Dimi seemed to think it was done and we were in for a surprise. Mike added to the surprise part. Wonder what in that means. I need to pick my son up at the bus stop in a couple of minutes I will check on it again in 30 minutes and see if I can get it recorded so I can say exactly what he said. 
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Unfortunately we can't really believe what Mike says... It's almost like the rest of the band keeps him in the dark because they know he has loose lips...

Remember when he said they had all that unused material left over from Avocado and they'd be releasing an EP? Never happened!
    In that case it would be ‚fortunately‘
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,061
    Well that’s pretty disappointing considering all the rumors about the album being done and released this year. Oh well. Back to not excited stage. 
  • Options
    He can't possibly say right now the recording is done because that would basically be an announcement of an album.  So I take the comments with a grain of salt. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,801
    I'm sure the answer was purposely vague. Realistically, they are all ALWAYS writing. Mike isn't gonna drop huge news to dwarf the other thing hes promoting. 

Exactly,  he wasn’t there to talk PJ and he’s not going to drop any hints that would take away from what the interview is really about.   Oh well, moving on.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Lotta hand wringing in here
  • Options
    He can't possibly say right now the recording is done because that would basically be an announcement of an album.  So I take the comments with a grain of salt. 
    Makes sense, but why not just pass on the question? Why say specifically that they’re still writing? Not sure what the real story is here. 
  • Options
    Lotta hand wringing in here
    Ya not putting too much into it but with a rumoured Nov release date you would think he would not say they are still writing. Time will tell. 
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    bbiggs said:
    Makes sense, but why not just pass on the question? Why say specifically that they’re still writing? Not sure what the real story is here. 
    I think passing on that question would seem weird and awkward, so he went back to something he's said before. I'm sure he knew he'd get asked, so he gave a classic non-answer answer.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Over/under on moving from denial to anger? 24 hours?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    See his answers for yourself.  Skim to the last 60 seconds.  

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/281804/mike-kate-on-ny-ch-5-video#latest
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    bbiggs said:
    Today's lunch is... red herring!