Options

What is Your Favorite 90's Western Film?

Comments

• Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    Quick and the dead was funny, I thought.  Nothing serious as a movie but enjoyable.
    Recall not liking Maverick this only time I watched.  Should try to watch again....if I can stomach the anti Semite and his only Hollywood supporter 

Nah, fuck then both.
    I was going to say the same thing about Mel Gibson, but Maverick is a hilarious fun movie. But yes. Fuck Mel Gibson. 

Side note: the best thing Mel Gibson ever made was those drunken voicemails he left his ex wife. The guy is sick. 
    Kinda shocked there were not responses sticking up for the Anti-Semite and his lone Hollywood supporter.  (There is at least one person here who sticks up for everyone tarnished by shitty actions)  
    Fuck Gibson, and Jodie as well for standing by him.  He made it abundantly clear what type of hateful pile of crap he is.  (He made some great movies, but I didn't log Maverick as one of them.)
    I try and not get too angry about things because then I won't be able to like anything so I still like Maverick.  Funny movie.  The actors in it hold no weight in my life.
    So glad you're not John Hinckley Jr., tempo. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Unforgiven (1992)
    Lol.  I can understand that, Chris.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    Quick and the dead was funny, I thought.  Nothing serious as a movie but enjoyable.
    Recall not liking Maverick this only time I watched.  Should try to watch again....if I can stomach the anti Semite and his only Hollywood supporter 

Nah, fuck then both.
    I was going to say the same thing about Mel Gibson, but Maverick is a hilarious fun movie. But yes. Fuck Mel Gibson. 

Side note: the best thing Mel Gibson ever made was those drunken voicemails he left his ex wife. The guy is sick. 
    Kinda shocked there were not responses sticking up for the Anti-Semite and his lone Hollywood supporter.  (There is at least one person here who sticks up for everyone tarnished by shitty actions)  
    Fuck Gibson, and Jodie as well for standing by him.  He made it abundantly clear what type of hateful pile of crap he is.  (He made some great movies, but I didn't log Maverick as one of them.)
    I try and not get too angry about things because then I won't be able to like anything so I still like Maverick.  Funny movie.  The actors in it hold no weight in my life.
    How do I get compared to the guy that shot Reagan?  That is effed up yo!
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)

Nah, fuck then both.

He was reportedly obsessed with Jodie Foster.
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)

Nah, fuck then both.

OH shit that's right!  Hence the punk group "Jodie Fosters Army"!
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)

Nah, fuck then both.

OH shit that's right!  Hence the punk group "Jodie Fosters Army"!
    I have never heard of that band. Looking them up on YT right now!
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    Not bad so far. Don't want to listen to them too much at work, the colleagues might start to worry...more. ;)
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    Not bad so far. Don't want to listen to them too much at work, the colleagues might start to worry...more. ;)
    HA!  Just don't have a copy of Catcher in the Rye around, hell if they are under 40 they won't be able to put the 2 together anyways...
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    HA!  Just don't have a copy of Catcher in the Rye around, hell if they are under 40 they won't be able to put the 2 together anyways...
    Don't give me any ideas like that,tempo. :lol:
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    njnancy said:
    Legends of the Falls is a close second. 
    Amen to that, sister!

Image result for legends of the fall gifs
    We feel your pain, Julia Ormond.
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    njnancy said:
    Amen to that, sister!

Legends of the Fall is a bootlegging movie and not a damn western...  
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    njnancy said:
    Amen to that, sister!

• Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    njnancy said:
    Amen to that, sister!

Image result for legends of the fall bootlegging
    Cars and Tommy guns just screams a western...
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    Must've been one of the scenes I fast forwarded through.

Kidding.

I screwed this poll up royally. There I said it. 
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    The Last of the Mohicans (1992)

Kidding.

1. no you didn’t 
    2. just start a new poll to decide the most screwed up polls around here 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921

Kidding.

Nah. You inspired pages of conversation. That's a win. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    JimmyV said:

Kidding.

Hell yeah!  I had fun with this!  I did a "teen movie" poll.  That went over well.
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    JPPJ84 said:

Kidding.

1. no you didn’t 
    2. just start a new poll to decide the most screwed up polls around here 
    Thank you. That made me feel better!  And the second one made me laugh.
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    JimmyV said:

Kidding.

Thank you JimmyV! :) I take back the leg comment. 
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    I remembered the thread, but I conveniently forgot that I gave you such a hard time in it. You owe me more shit, I think. Haha
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited September 2019
    Other
    I remembered the thread, but I conveniently forgot that I gave you such a hard time in it. You owe me more shit, I think. Haha
    Tag me in, Chris!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    dankind said:
    Tag me in, Chris!
    Heheh.

I love u two!
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    We love you too, man!

@dankind
    :bring_it:
    High noon-ish on Sunday.
    Check your schedule, pardner.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    edited September 2019
    Dances With Wolves (1990)
    Unforgiven is damn overrated.

Feels try hard.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    Tombstone (1993)

Feels try hard.
    Agree. Didn’t hate it, was just an okay movie for me.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Other

Feels try hard.
    Unforgiven was terrible.  Dances with wolves was amazing but it is not a movie I revisit.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    mcgruff10 said:

Feels try hard.
    Unforgiven was terrible.  Dances with wolves was amazing but it is not a movie I revisit.  
    They borrowed cattle (spelling?) from Neil Young for Dances with wolves = SUREFIRE MASTERPIECE

Did you know that piece of trivia @goldrush @brianlux ?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    mcgruff10 said:

Dances with wolves was amazing but it is not a movie I revisit.  
    Bought this version way back when I was collecting dvds/cared for physical media.

I really-really like it. But too long to watch repeatedly. 
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,284
    Other
    mcgruff10 said:

Feels try hard.
    They borrowed cattle (spelling?) from Neil Young for Dances with wolves = SUREFIRE MASTERPIECE

Did you know that piece of trivia @goldrush @brianlux ?
    That’s pretty cool, I didn’t know that.
    I still haven’t seen that movie though...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)