“I stand with planned parenthood” bans off

2»

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    shecky said:
    Not too long ago Jill Vedder posted Ed during unplugged on mtv writing “pro choice” on his arm and told her daughters that their father was fighting for women long before they were born and how proud they should be. Not sure about anyone else but the Vedders seem to still support PP and women no matter what.

There are many people that think that a full-term baby should be able to be aborted literally the day before it is due to be born. 
    OK, but let’s be clear, that’s about 1% of abortions and usually its related to the mothers health or the baby's viability. It's never someone peacing out on being pregnant. 

Thing is you have to draw the line somewhere when you're writing law. I think 20-25 weeks with exceptions for viability/mother's physical health like you said is the way to go. Even a handful of people peacing out at 38-39 is ghoulish. 
    No doubt. And I agree. But they seem to be more the exception, and it not best to let the exception make the rule.
    The exception in this case is a full-term child being terminated. Even if you're only looking at the political aspect of it, I think waving that off pushes people away from the pro-choice movement.
    This whole brouhaha over full-term babies being aborted is just more fear mongering from the forced-birthers in the right wingosphere
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,055
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    shecky said:
    Not too long ago Jill Vedder posted Ed during unplugged on mtv writing “pro choice” on his arm and told her daughters that their father was fighting for women long before they were born and how proud they should be. Not sure about anyone else but the Vedders seem to still support PP and women no matter what.

There are many people that think that a full-term baby should be able to be aborted literally the day before it is due to be born. 
    OK, but let’s be clear, that’s about 1% of abortions and usually its related to the mothers health or the baby's viability. It's never someone peacing out on being pregnant. 

Thing is you have to draw the line somewhere when you're writing law. I think 20-25 weeks with exceptions for viability/mother's physical health like you said is the way to go. Even a handful of people peacing out at 38-39 is ghoulish. 
    No doubt. And I agree. But they seem to be more the exception, and it not best to let the exception make the rule.
    The exception in this case is a full-term child being terminated. Even if you're only looking at the political aspect of it, I think waving that off pushes people away from the pro-choice movement.
    This whole brouhaha over full-term babies being aborted is just more fear mongering from the forced-birthers in the right wingosphere
    Argue the point on its merits. If the law is written that way, it means it's legal to do that. Even though I agree it's extremely rare, the fact that it does/could happen at all legally is the issue.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    shecky said:

Argue the point on its merits. If the law is written that way, it means it's legal to do that. Even though I agree it's extremely rare, the fact that it does/could happen at all legally is the issue.
    if a doctor is willing to do a late term abortion just because the mother no longer wants it, he should be disbarred. or whatever the term is for doctors. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,300
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    shecky said:

if a doctor is willing to do a late term abortion just because the mother no longer wants it, he should be disbarred. or whatever the term is for doctors. 
    Luckily that is not a thing that actually happens
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    what is weird to me is how still there are fans of this band that dont knbow that pj acts,voice an opinion ,,do their thing with their own  way and in their own time.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    NewJPage said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    shecky said:

exactly
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,055
    NewJPage said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    shecky said:

Are there any stats on this? Is this something that's reported on publicly at all? Or would we all just be guessing? Legitimately curious. 
  • Options
    thebuilderthebuilder Rifle, CO Posts: 118
    Well since “late term abortion” isn’t even a medical term, it’s a made up political term.. no there’s probably no data on “late term abortions” here’s a good site for data https://www.guttmacher.org/united-states/abortion

Feel free 2 feel free