Options

*** THE MATRIX 4: RESURRECTIONS ***

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
edited August 2021 in All Encompassing Trip

‘Matrix 4’ Officially a Go With Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and Lana Wachowski 

Lana Wachowski is set to write and direct a fourth film set in the world of “The Matrix,” with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising their roles as Neo and Trinity, respectively.

Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures will produce and globally distribute the film. Warner Bros. Picture Group chairman Toby Emmerich made the announcement on Tuesday.

“We could not be more excited to be re-entering ‘The Matrix’ with Lana,” said Emmerich. “Lana is a true visionary—a singular and original creative filmmaker—and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter in ‘The Matrix’ universe.”

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/matrix-4-keanu-reeves-carrie-anne-moss-lana-wachowski-1203307955/

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,242
    hopefully better than the last film...….the 2nd one is solid, 3rd I fell asleep
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    hopefully better than the last film...….the 2nd one is solid, 3rd I fell asleep
    Remember that summer. All the talk and behind the scenes clips of the highway chase in Matrix Reloaded. And then Bad Boys 2 is released the same summer and Michael Bay blows the Matrix car chase away with his.

Don't even remember Revolutions. Too much of Zion or whatever the "real world" was called. Wasn't fun at all being in the real world in any of the movies.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited August 2019
    I only remember the first film. I think I own all of them as well as the Animatrix, but other than Cornel West, there was nothing memorable about the Matrix sequels for me.

Also, every other Wachowski film I've seen has been a goddamn mess. 

Edit: Highly stylized and even beautiful messes, but messes nonetheless.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    If Yuen Woo-Ping does the choreography I will definitely watch it.

In second thought, I will watch it either way, but I really hope he does.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023
    OMG! OMG! OMG!!!! =)=)=)

Huge fan of the Matrix.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Anything after the first was crap to me.
    I loved the first one, though.

No hopes for this one, doubt I will watch.

Hope it is good and I hear enough to change my mind 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,390
    dankind said:
    I only remember the first film. I think I own all of them as well as the Animatrix, but other than Cornel West, there was nothing memorable about the Matrix sequels for me.

Nothing else memorable? Hmm...

See the source image
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    dankind said:

Nothing else memorable? Hmm...

See the source image
    Will rewatch!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The weapons fight in the mansion in 2 was fantastic, not too much wire work and very creative, no CG...good stuff.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    edited August 2019
    How in the hell can you have a fourth with Trinity and Neo?  What do they show the first seven versions of the “anomaly” take humans to Zion before the eighth balks at the Architect’s offer?
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    How in the hell can you have a fourth with Trinity and Neo?  What do they show the first seven versions of the “anomaly” take humans to Zion before the eighth balks at the Architect’s offer?
    I've seen every film, and I have no clue what you're talking about.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    The architect should have been played by Sean Connery. WHAT IF
  • Options
    dankind said:
    At the end of the second film, when Neo is with the Architect it's revealed that he's the eighth "anomaly" and that Zion has been destroyed and rebuilt seven times, because Neo's predecessors chose to take a handful of humans and start civilization over again, rather than try to save Trinity from dying and fighting the machines from destroying Zion.  Did I recall that wrong?
  • Options
    The architect should have been played by Sean Connery. WHAT IF
    I would have preferred Will Ferrell!
    Related image

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Kind of undecided on this. On the one hand, I enjoyed the trilogy and would like more. On the other hand, to me, series that are resurrected many years later tend to not be good and just a cash grab.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    At the end of the second film, when Neo is with the Architect it's revealed that he's the eighth "anomaly" and that Zion has been destroyed and rebuilt seven times, because Neo's predecessors chose to take a handful of humans and start civilization over again, rather than try to save Trinity from dying and fighting the machines from destroying Zion.  Did I recall that wrong?
    I don't know. My point is that I don't recall anything from the sequels except for Cornel West. I'll have to watch these again sometime. Perhaps they've gotten better with age. I saw them in the cinema when they came out and bought the DVDs at some point, so I probably watched those. Still, I have no clue about architects and zions and anomalies and whatnot.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Kind of undecided on this. On the one hand, I enjoyed the trilogy and would like more. On the other hand, to me, series that are resurrected many years later tend to not be good and just a cash grab.
    I don't care whether its good or bad. (disliked the sequels)

I'm just looking for more of this kind of stylish noir imagery:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    I don't know. My point is that I don't recall anything from the sequels except for Cornel West. I'll have to watch these again sometime. Perhaps they've gotten better with age. I saw them in the cinema when they came out and bought the DVDs at some point, so I probably watched those. Still, I have no clue about architects and zions and anomalies and whatnot.
    https://youtu.be/LN8EE5JxSGQ
    My bad, he's the sixth version.
    Post edited by Glorified KC on
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612

My hopes arent very high.  They had a near perfect film with The Matrix.  Matrix 2 was kind of a mess, but had some great moments and scenes.  Matrix 3, a little less and got a little cheesy.  Honestly, it was almost impossible to keep The Matrix story going keeping the same standard as the original

Many years have passed.  No Fishbourne either is a huge blow.

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    1 was great.
    2 was meh.
    3 was a steaming pile.  
  • Options
    Trailer has been shown at a con. Is expected to drop soon - today according to this site:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/the-matrix-4-trailer-keanu-reeves-b1908331.html
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102
    Hmmmm
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102
    Trailer has been shown at a con. Is expected to drop soon - today according to this site:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/the-matrix-4-trailer-keanu-reeves-b1908331.html
    Error code... Must be a country thing?  I'll see if I can find it over here.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

• Options
    Todays the day
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,242
    Wow
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,432
    CROJAM95 said:
    Wow
    Agreed, really looking forward to this!
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022