$13 posters?!?

NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 213
Found some of my old 10club newsletters from the mid 90s today. Boy times have certainly changed!

A limited edition of 1000 poster for $13 to order through the mail? Free tour poster with every order??

A lot changes in 20 years for sure.....

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,132
    NDJeff7 said:
    Found some of my old 10club newsletters from the mid 90s today. Boy times have certainly changed!

A limited edition of 1000 poster for $13 to order through the mail? Free tour poster with every order??

A lot changes in 20 years for sure.....
    That Cherub/Angel Sticker goes for over $100 too now.
  • NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 213
    I was in high school back in those days, so the only thing I have is one of the winter hats that I still wear.
  • cardosocardoso Posts: 1,508
    12$ each poster.....oh if was possible go back in time...
    First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  Indianapolis, USA 27.08.2024
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Posts: 3,298
    What a time to be alive 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    I believe the poster I bought at my first show in '95 was 5 bucks.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    I have debated for years taking one of these old order forms and sending a check for $13 and ordering a poster.   Just to see what would happen.  
  • fgalpernfgalpern Posts: 214
    I had B-1, the maroon thermal for what seemed like 20 years. One of my favorite shirts ever. No idea where it went. :(
    10C Member # 6,9XX - from 1992 to Present, attended 40 shows and counting...
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    They weren't even $12, you got one free when ordering a shirt!!  HA
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 796
    I wish they would bring back the Vitalogy Angel sticker with the re-release of that album box set (wishful thinking all around)...
    If anyone has an extra one of those, let me know- I'd love to trade for it!
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    I have debated for years taking one of these old order forms and sending a check for $13 and ordering a poster.   Just to see what would happen.  
    If they didn't sell all 1,000 at the time, it might work!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,132
    mdgsolo said:
    I wish they would bring back the Vitalogy Angel sticker with the re-release of that album box set (wishful thinking all around)...
    If anyone has an extra one of those, let me know- I'd love to trade for it!
    We can discuss a trade for the Angel sticker.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    SHZA said:
    If they didn't sell all 1,000 at the time, it might work!

And you know they were on sale for more than three seconds.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    The shirts were a lot better looking back then.
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,271
    fgalpern said:
    I had B-1, the maroon thermal for what seemed like 20 years. One of my favorite shirts ever. No idea where it went. :(
    Got the same one in my closet
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • KS80184KS80184 Posts: 397
    I think in ~2000 I was buying posters post-show for $10 on the site.  
  • my_wavemy_wave Posts: 346
    I remember when the xmas singles were free you just had to pay for shipping 
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    fgalpern said:
    Still have the S-7 green thermal, its a bit snug these days, and had the T-1 thermal tank (what an odd combo), not sure where that is. Might still be hiding under a bunch of stuff in a closet.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    I remember my first beer...
  • my_wave said:
    Yep I remember that too. The shipping was only a couple bucks too.
  • Who in the balls would pay 100 for a sticker?  
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,023
    I was wayyy too cool for posters back then...
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,408
    Who in the balls would pay 100 for a sticker?  
    Likely the same people that can't get their money out fast enough to pay $1,000+ for a poster, or a record set ;)
  • BF89905 said:
    Who in the balls would pay 100 for a sticker?  
    Likely the same people that can't get their money out fast enough to pay $1,000+ for a poster, or a record set ;)
    I may fall into the second category here but it’s because I can cover a lot of wall space with that purchase.  A sticker though, I would consider quite a strong move seeing as no one will ever see it except those on this forum eight?  Whatevs, to each his own, it’s not my money- maybe I’m just jealous!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    my_wave said:
    Yep I remember that too. The shipping was only a couple bucks too.
    Back when it was based on the monetary value of your order.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,527
    haha, what does it make me.  I passed up on Vancouver '98 because I thought it was too small at the show.  Never bothered to order it from the 10c newsletter.  Then years later I bought it for $200+ because I wanted it for my collection (of which such a thing never existed in 98).
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,748
    I bought a bunch of the 96 posters and tacked them to my dorm wall. That was dumb.
  • jammerxjammerx Posts: 72
    I bought a bunch of the 96 posters and tacked them to my dorm wall. That was dumb.
    +1 to this so much, but at least I still have an original Istanbul 96 with some stories
  • gregoryieldgregoryield Posts: 278
    edited August 2019
    I bought one of those chicken iron-ons. That shirt made it through maybe three washes before I ruined it, ha.
    PJx69
    EVx11