Pitt 98 FS

2»

Comments

• hepcatpunkhepcatpunk Posts: 177
    It sold for $1,000.  Watchcount.com is your friend if you want to know what best offers were accepted.
    Congrats to seller, but no way in hell I'd ever buy a dry mounted poster....it's sacrilege and should be a crime for any framer who tries to sell folks on its benefits.  Phooey!
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    It sold for $1,000.  Watchcount.com is your friend if you want to know what best offers were accepted.
    Congrats to seller, but no way in hell I'd ever buy a dry mounted poster....it's sacrilege and should be a crime for any framer who tries to sell folks on its benefits.  Phooey!
    I'm familiar with watchcount. That site has not shown the actual best offer sale prices since early June. I know there are other sites out there like watchcount, and from what I've heard, they have not shown best offer sale prices since then, either.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,408
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    If you don't intend to resell and can't tell the difference once it's on the wall, seems pretty attractive to pay $1k instead of $2k. 
    I disagree and feel like once you get into a certain stratosphere of price, the potential resale value is a big factor. I would much rather drop 2k and feel confident I could recoup it if I needed to vs. dropping 1k and worry about it being worth a fraction of that.
    Concert posters, although artistically great in their own rite, are far from fine art. Being concerned with recouping the value of what you paid for a concert poster, and/or being concerned with a concert poster's resell value likely means you're not totally invested in the art of the poster.  Additionally, making money of an artist's work is slimy.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    BF89905 said:
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    If you don't intend to resell and can't tell the difference once it's on the wall, seems pretty attractive to pay $1k instead of $2k. 
    I disagree and feel like once you get into a certain stratosphere of price, the potential resale value is a big factor. I would much rather drop 2k and feel confident I could recoup it if I needed to vs. dropping 1k and worry about it being worth a fraction of that.
    Concert posters, although artistically great in their own rite, are far from fine art. Being concerned with recouping the value of what you paid for a concert poster, and/or being concerned with a concert poster's resell value likely means you're not totally invested in the art of the poster.  Additionally, making money of an artist's work is slimy. 

• andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,805
    A 98 Pitt on my wall for $1k....replaces one I sold for $2,200.00...for me it’s a no brainer ...perhaps ‘not for you’ ?  
    If it’s going on my wall I could care less if drymounted...having said that I’ve had prints restored that were drymounted that turned out phenomenal 
    There’s always more to the story but 
    I do love the sharing of personal opinions 

Goldie

ps ... happy to take your drymounted and damaged prints off your hands  B)
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,157
    andrew68 said:
    A 98 Pitt on my wall for $1k....replaces one I sold for $2,200.00...for me it’s a no brainer ...perhaps ‘not for you’ ?  
    If it’s going on my wall I could care less if drymounted...having said that I’ve had prints restored that were drymounted that turned out phenomenal 

Goldie

You also have money to burn, we know this so you aren't a very good example, lol.
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    andrew68 said:

Goldie

Exactly. If you want it and don’t plan on reselling what does it matter. I have a poster that was laminated. Put it in a frame and it looks beautiful. Never going to get rid of it. 
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.