Pitt 98 FS

tommy boytommy boy United States Posts: 686
edited August 2019 in Lost Dogs
Poster is in great shape, but is dry mounted. Looks great in the frame.
Mixed opinion on value with dry mounting but when l look at in the frame it looks amazing.
$1000
1996: TORONTO, TOLEDO, BUFFALO
1998: BARRIE, PITTSBURGH, CLEVELAND*, MERRIWEATHER POST
2000: TORONTO, PITTSBURGH, DETROIT, SARATOGA SPRINGS
2003: TORONTO, BUFFALO*, CLEVELAND, MSG 1
2004: TOLEDO, GRAND RAPIDS
2006: PITTSBURGH
2008: HARTFORD
2009: PHILLY II
2010: BUFFALO
2013: BUFFALO
2014: DETROIT
2016: NYC I NYC II
Post edited by tommy boy on

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,157
    Watching this shit!  Where is the popcorn?
  • tommy boytommy boy United States Posts: 686
    Settl ein Baby...

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,970
    Good luck!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    edited August 2019
    That didn't take long! 
    Post edited by SHZA on

Never A dOUBT.  They will enjoy it.  peace
    tommy boy said:
    @tommy boy what was the "best offer"?SHZA said:
    That didn't take long! 
    I see this tried to sell at $2100 before.

I also can not BELIEVE someone paid $1000 for a dry mounted poster.

Bravo to you!
    Next time anybody needs poster pricing info drop me a line....LOL...
    Its amazing in person and if I didnt have it, I would have paid that all day.  To each his own tempo and groove my friend.

• buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    It’s only worth what someone will pay for it ;) sounds like a win-win....
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,970
    tommy boy said:
    @tommy boy what was the "best offer"?SHZA said:
    That didn't take long! 
    I see this tried to sell at $2100 before.

I also can not BELIEVE someone paid $1000 for a dry mounted poster.

Bravo to you!
    Boom!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,408
    The fact that any poster sells for anything close to $1,000 is ridiculous. These people's bank accounts must be deep enough that they don't have to justify the drop in their balance to a partner due to a got-to-have-it concert poster. 
    edited August 2019
    It's all relative. The uber wealthy spend millions on a single piece of fine art, which the rest of us can't fathom. If you have the disposable income, spending a couple grand on a so-called "grail" that will give you years of enjoyment isn't ridiculous at all. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
    tommy boy said:
    Next time anybody needs poster pricing info drop me a line....LOL...
    Its amazing in person and if I didnt have it, I would have paid that all day.  To each his own tempo and groove my friend.

Dude, I get amazed at every new high level sale of a mangled/dry mounted poster.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    This item has a pretty wild history.

It was put up for sale on 7/15 framed with no mention of dry mounting. Best offer of $2,000 accepted on 7/22.

Guessing that fell through (dry mounting a problem?) because the same account lists it again on 8/6 but without the frame and now acknowledging the dry mounting. Sells for $1,000 in less than a day despite only "Pearl Jam Poster" in the description. 
    pjl44 said:
    This item has a pretty wild history.

It was put up for sale on 7/15 framed with no mention of dry mounting. Best offer of $2,000 accepted on 7/22.

Guessing that fell through (dry mounting a problem?) because the same account lists it again on 8/6 but without the frame and now acknowledging the dry mounting. Sells for $1,000 in less than a day despite only "Pearl Jam Poster" in the description. 
    I find the lack of information interesting too.

Wait to see this used somewhere as leverage.  I think I'm going to sell my Sea98 for 3g now!
  • DM105960DM105960 Posts: 106
    i'm interested in this as well.  $1k for a drymounted poster is crazy.  
    If you don't intend to resell and can't tell the difference once it's on the wall, seems pretty attractive to pay $1k instead of $2k. 
    SHZA said:
    If you don't intend to resell and can't tell the difference once it's on the wall, seems pretty attractive to pay $1k instead of $2k. 
    I disagree and feel like once you get into a certain stratosphere of price, the potential resale value is a big factor. I would much rather drop 2k and feel confident I could recoup it if I needed to vs. dropping 1k and worry about it being worth a fraction of that.
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    I disagree and feel like once you get into a certain stratosphere of price, the potential resale value is a big factor. I would much rather drop 2k and feel confident I could recoup it if I needed to vs. dropping 1k and worry about it being worth a fraction of that.
    Resale is certainly a huge factor if you plan or want the option to resell it. But there are a lot of people who have been looking for these 98 prints for years and would never dream of selling unless things were truly dire. And there's no guarantee that the resale value of a non dry-mounted version won't plummet once the bubble bursts. There is clearly demand even in a dry-mounted state, so the worry about being able to recoup only a fraction of the purchase price is probably unfounded. 
    edited August 2019
    SHZA said:
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    Resale is certainly a huge factor if you plan or want the option to resell it. But there are a lot of people who have been looking for these 98 prints for years and would never dream of selling unless things were truly dire. And there's no guarantee that the resale value of a non dry-mounted version won't plummet once the bubble bursts. There is clearly demand even in a dry-mounted state, so the worry about being able to recoup only a fraction of the purchase price is probably unfounded. 
    I think you're massively understating what dry mounting a poster does to the perceived value amongst people who are willing to pay >$500 for a single print

Using your example, what do you suppose fine art collectors think about a Monet glued to a piece of foamboard?
    Post edited by pjl44 on
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    edited August 2019
    There's definitely a possibility that someone saw the price for the print and jumped on it without really reading the description, but more than likely a best offer was made and accepted, and it didn't sell for $1000.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    RP112579 said:
    There's definitely a possibility that someone saw the price for the print and jumped on it without really reading the description, but more than likely a best offer was made and accepted, and it didn't sell for $1000.

It sold for $1,000 according to this email 
    edited August 2019
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    I think you're massively understating what dry mounting a poster does to the perceived value amongst people who are willing to pay >$500 for a single print

Using your example, what do you suppose fine art collectors think about a Monet glued to a piece of foamboard?
    Again, I'm assuming the buyer doesn't care much about what it does to the "perceived value" amongst those people because there is no intention of ever selling. I'm not disputing your point that dry mounting is a deal-breaker to the vast majority of people. But even if 99.9% of potential buyers feel that way, you only need one who says "wow, that Pitt '98 show was my first Pearl Jam show -- I've regretted not picking one up for the last 21 years. I'd never pay $2k for one, but $1k seems like a good deal." It took less than a day for someone to snatch it up at that price, which seems pretty compelling evidence that you could re-sell it for that amount if you really needed to.  

I don't think the comparison to multi-million dollar works is an apt analogy. Totally different stratosphere and type of consumer. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    SHZA said:
    RP112579 said:

Ebay doesn't even tell you how much something sold for after a best offer, so an email from eBay won't either.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    edited August 2019
    RP112579 said:
    SHZA said:
    RP112579 said:

Ebay doesn't even tell you how much something sold for after a best offer, so an email from eBay won't either.
    You're wrong. If you made an unaccepted offer, they send you an email with the sale price. Here's another recent example where an item was listed for $350 and I got an email saying it sold for $265. 
    SHZA said:
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:

Again, I'm assuming the buyer doesn't care much about what it does to the "perceived value" amongst those people because there is no intention of ever selling. I'm not disputing your point that dry mounting is a deal-breaker to the vast majority of people. But even if 99.9% of potential buyers feel that way, you only need one who says "wow, that Pitt '98 show was my first Pearl Jam show -- I've regretted not picking one up for the last 21 years. I'd never pay $2k for one, but $1k seems like a good deal." It took less than a day for someone to snatch it up at that price, which seems pretty compelling evidence that you could re-sell it for that amount if you really needed to.  

I don't think the comparison to multi-million dollar works is an apt analogy. Totally different stratosphere and type of consumer. 
    Some people eat tide pods, too. And one sale is not compelling evidence of anything. Both of my eyebrows are now raised on this whole affair. 
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:

Some people eat tide pods, too. And one sale is not compelling evidence of anything. Both of my eyebrows are now raised on this whole affair. 
    People eat tide pods, so what? That's part of the calculus. You can probably find a tide-pod eater to buy it if you're ever in a pinch.
    RP112579 said:
    SHZA said:
    RP112579 said:

Also on the desktop site (not the app) in the sold items search results there will be a line through the asking price and "best offer accepted" if that's what occurred. This item doesn't have that. 
  • LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 791
    curious if this can be restored. that would likely be time consuming & expensive process.