Album Artwork

Which of the 10 studio albums has your favorite artwork?
I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.

Album Artwork 143 votes

Ten
0%
Vs.
2%
UseUrIllusionsbrewdog123blango88bigdeath 4 votes
Vitalogy
14%
Vedd HeddJimmydean55my_wavejdopjbootlegger10TWHoltgoldrushbluesuedeitzradCROJAM95No CodersurforiaJammalamboP34RL J4MM3RtbergsUncle SnuffyIcemanDorvalKICK7071LN241653YardenShumway35 21 votes
No Code
30%
faithful2youmcgruff10NewJPageEdVedder_1leep75ski-bumDukeSpiritaustinevolution10charleswiseryph raphmfc2006dannyNamijwhjr17LukinFanBrainofBGADewieCoxskyvalleyCR15053Travels With 44 votes
Yield
24%
CantKeepmedownLowlighthadfiiwyield2meNiktoForce Of Natureon2legsKevinmanMakingWavesangiuloprlpjsteelerfanjonbond1779nycratsTresentPensepledgeagrievanceFlying MXZDC29940JJ42005Caught-A-Bolt-Of-Lightning 35 votes
Binaural
9%
HailHailVitalogyPeArLgOoNeRtschavPeasant TentsTim SimmonsjarkkonieminenHesCalledDyerRS151862Gern BlanstenRay J. T.Brotherjohnno9Original_ShiftyGarasaurasMAMIAST 14 votes
Riot Act
13%
Spiritual_ChaoslastexitlondonfoodboyScreaming TreeMT236122Cortez the Killer sent meBLACK35jasonrolfethetruthaddicthauntingfamiliarmrussel1tino_11petted101CountingStepswillbarclayjoe159drakeheuer14JojoRiceSandyRavagejimjam1982 20 votes
Avocado
1%
Gleidsonblack_rock 2 votes
Backspacer
1%
Ukuleddie VeggerRE658041 2 votes
Lightning Bolt
0%
mjmorr23 1 vote

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,513
    Riot Act
    Got to be honest . I looked at the options and thought.  None are that good. Just my opinion.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    No Code
    I was thinking the same thing. No code was innovative and riot act matched the darkness of the album. But none have that wow factor. 

But it I would rather have them focus on the music than the covers any day. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC Posts: 2,617
    No Code
    I agree there’s no wow factor on their covers, but that’s why I enjoy them so much.  No Code is my favorite given the innovation with the polaroids on the cover and inside of the booklet.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,157
    edited August 2019
    Riot Act
    I like Riot Act the most. Because it doesn't look boringly digital (THE FUCKING DIGITAL GRADIENTS ON AVOCADO AND BACKSPACER ARE THE WORST) but is still slick and stylish and moody. Simple, good looking font on the front and the analogue "grungy" handwriting on the back that still is kept small enough to keep it elegant. And the warm photo of them in the studio when opened (even though it goes against the aesthetic on the front). 

The booklet is also really nice with it's analogue look of the scanned typewriter pages and the black and white photos.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    No Code
    yield... no code...
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    No Code
    I love the perspective on Riot Act, I hadn't thought about a lot of this.  When I ranked these a little while back, I had Riot Act down at #8. 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212
    edited August 2019
    Riot Act
    Ive always liked the Riot Act art.  Both inside and out.  I think it represents the album very well. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    Binaural
    I agree there’s no wow factor on their covers, but that’s why I enjoy them so much.  No Code is my favorite given the innovation with the polaroids on the cover and inside of the booklet.
    Agreed that none of the covers really make you step back and say wow. The wow factor has always been in the song writing. Ill take that over any album artwork any day. 
    No Code
    Ray J. T. said:
    Agreed that none of the covers really make you step back and say wow. The wow factor has always been in the song writing. Ill take that over any album artwork any day. 
    While it's not "wow" I still covet how they put together their album artwork and booklets.  I just feel authenticity of the band when I go through them.  They're always staying true to themselves.
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    Binaural
    Ray J. T. said:
    While it's not "wow" I still covet how they put together their album artwork and booklets.  I just feel authenticity of the band when I go through them.  They're always staying true to themselves.
    Agreed. I still admire what the band puts together with their artwork. I think it best describes who they are. 
  • Riot Act
    Ray J. T. said:
    Up till Riot Act.

Avocado, (especially) backspacer and Lightning Bolt are misfires. No way around that.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    No Code
    Ray J. T. said:
    Up till Riot Act.

Avocado, (especially) backspacer and Lightning Bolt are misfires. No way around that.
    That's fair enough.  You mentioned the digital gradients on those three.  What makes that different? 
    edited August 2019
    No Code
    Oops, accidentally sent that comment twice. ^
    Post edited by Glorified KC on
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    No Code
    Ten's cover is a bit hokey. Vs is ugly - but my favourite album still. Vitalogy is nice but was frustrating in the CD age. Yield and Binaural are cool but still land behind No Code.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Binaural
    Gotta go with outer space and her sexy hourglass figure!!
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    Yield
    Yield for me but Binaural is cool too. I like the polaroid visual of No Code but not the pictures
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    No Code
    In order...
    No Code - those polaroids!! 
    Riot Act - great moody cover
    Binaural - love the nebula 
    Vitalogy - very clean and simple
    Yield - just cool
    VS - always liked the cover
    Avocado - also clean and simple
    Backspacer - interesting but a little too busy
    Lightning Bolt - meh, it’s ok 
    Ten - iconic? yes. Super cheesy? Absolutely. Do I still love it?  Yes because it was where I started with my favorite band of all time
    No Code
    I did this ranking a couple of months ago.  I’m seriously rethinking Riot Act.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    No Code
    No code, yield and vitalogy are my top three.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,004
    Riot act for me. It sums up the mood of a lot of nations around that time. The cover 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    Vitalogy
    I love the Vitalogy, Yield and Riot Act covers pretty much equally. Vitalogy just gets the nod (this time)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    No Code
    I do really like Vitalogy's vinyl.  It was definitely made for vinyl and not CD.  A couple of months ago I found a 1994-released vinyl and had to buy it.

No Code
    Ten is the only one to not get a vote.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Binaural
    I prefer the white Lightning Bolt cover over the black.  The big arc looks so much better in black than red, and the eye looks more like an eye with the white sclera.  I don't even know if it's supposed to be an eye, but that's what I've always seen.  (Maybe my love of the Zelda franchise has bled its way into my love of Pearl Jam.)
    No Code
    Image result for pearl jam lightning bolt coverImage result for pearl jam lightning bolt cover
  • Riot Act
    Ray J. T. said:
    Up till Riot Act.

That's fair enough.  You mentioned the digital gradients on those three.  What makes that different? 
    It looks like shit. It looks like what I did the first weeks in Photoshop in the late 90s.
  • Riot Act
    I  (Maybe my love of the Zelda franchise has bled its way into my love of Pearl Jam.)

No Code
    We now have 120 votes and ZERO for Ten!  
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    edited August 2019
    Yield
    Doesn’t mean no one likes it. It’s just not at the very top. For anyone. It’s definitely not last on my list.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,157
    edited August 2019
    Riot Act
    Tens cover looks like shit.