Options

psst...8/1/19

Comments

• Options
    JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,373
    My order got cancelled damn
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    Horse2345 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Mine says warehouse
    Damn, mine says shipped already!
    Whoa! Mine says shipped too! 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited August 2019
    Shipped as well

Really love this poster. You can read so much into it. Shipwreck Bottled up.  Etc.  ive never seen a PJ related poster similar to it and the artwork is highly skilled
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    Shipped as well

Really love this poster. You can read so much into it. Shipwrecm Bottled up.  Etc.  ive never seen a PJ related poster similar to it and the artwork is highly skilled
    And because of the date of the show, LBC also comes to mind

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,693
    Shipped too. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,370
    Shipped as well

Really love this poster. You can read so much into it. Shipwreck Bottled up.  Etc.  ive never seen a PJ related poster similar to it and the artwork is highly skilled
    It is unique, agreed. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    JB23237 said:

That sucks.

Did they give a reason?

• Options
    Shipped :relieved:
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• Options
    JB23237 said:

That sucks.

Did they give a reason?

Oversold. Same thing happened with moline. Then 30 or so showed up in mystery boxes.kinda shitty
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    fuck....missed dusseldorf thanks to work bullshit
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    MayDay10 said:
    RP112579 said:
    Saw a nice temper tantrum on Facebook, from a dude who was mad that the Dusseldorf was put in Miscellaneous. His dreams of raffle profit must've been dashed :lol:
    The "pros" are often able to grab one for each of their accounts before the psst even goes up.  Sliding the poster url link into the misc section completely messed up their systems
    Not when Santos posted the link right on here!
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    JB23237 said:
    JB23237 said:

That sucks.

Did they give a reason?

Oversold. Same thing happened with moline. Then 30 or so showed up in mystery boxes.kinda shitty

Overselling sucks, and I can see how it could happen... but yeah, for them to show up later in mystery boxes is really shitty.
  • Options
    JB23237 said:
    JB23237 said:

That sucks.

Did they give a reason?

Overselling sucks, and I can see how it could happen... but yeah, for them to show up later in mystery boxes is really shitty.
    It is what it is. 10c explained what happend. Thy were cool about it. Iso dussledorf lol
  • Options
    artforbwartforbw 60647 Posts: 126
    JB23237 said:
    JB23237 said:
    JB23237 said:

That sucks.

Did they give a reason?

It is what it is. 10c explained what happend. Thy were cool about it. Iso dussledorf lol
    I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know that was a possibility with tenclub orders. I'd be bummed. 
    I guess if I got the "Shipped" status on my order, I should be all good then?
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    This poster shit is crazy nowadays. I remember back even to 2011, the Eddie Vedder Fish Market Munk One poster was on Munk's page for over 20 mins before it sold out.  I have been collecting concert posters since 1998 and it has gone from a casual hobby to pure anxiety. I think I speak for a lot of people on here that this hobby is no longer just a hobby, but an addiction...but I can't kick the beautiful posters haha.
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,002
    This poster shit is crazy nowadays. I remember back even to 2011, the Eddie Vedder Fish Market Munk One poster was on Munk's page for over 20 mins before it sold out.  I have been collecting concert posters since 1998 and it has gone from a casual hobby to pure anxiety. I think I speak for a lot of people on here that this hobby is no longer just a hobby, but an addiction...but I can't kick the beautiful posters haha.
    It really has, when I check some of the prices and how they have gone up it's crazy. Some that were $100 not long ago are pulling $500+ easily. I guess when there aren't shows to see, you find money to spend elsewhere
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    It’s all a game, the only ones that will be worth anything in 20 yers are ones from the 90’s, and ‘00’s when they didn’t mass produce them, just like the OG vinyl.The market is saturated with these now, they’re harder and harder to resell because everyone has them.  We’ll see represses of these in 15 years too, when the band and artists want to take in some extra cash.  2xl, Zippos, t shirts, shit probably umbrellas and sun shades for your car too.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I think this is fun...
  • Options
    It’s all a game, the only ones that will be worth anything in 20 yers are ones from the 90’s, and ‘00’s when they didn’t mass produce them, just like the OG vinyl.The market is saturated with these now, they’re harder and harder to resell because everyone has them.  We’ll see represses of these in 15 years too, when the band and artists want to take in some extra cash.  2xl, Zippos, t shirts, shit probably umbrellas and sun shades for your car too.
    I disagree, I think the art is ten times better in the more recent sort after posters- Emek’s, Kong, Cracker Jack, recent Dublin and Düsseldorf than the 90’s posters. Only reason 90’ s posters are sought after, is that not many were produced(like you said) but I think the artwork is inferior- it does however have its charms in a blocky/60’s silkscreen way
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    I disagree, I think the art is ten times better in the more recent sort after posters- Emek’s, Kong, Cracker Jack, recent Dublin and Düsseldorf than the 90’s posters. Only reason 90’ s posters are sought after, is that not many were produced(like you said) but I think the artwork is inferior- it does however have its charms in a blocky/60’s silkscreen way
    Yep.
  • Options
    Yep.
    Exactly the type of debate on art that I love, 
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,340
    edited August 2019
    Yep.
    Agreed. And I'd go so far as to say that the EV posters over the past 3-4 years have even been superior to the Pearl Jam posters over that same time period. Could just be my personal preference or recency bias from this past tour but I feel like the EV solo posters tend to be a bit simpler/aren't as busy as their full band counterparts. As such, they have more 'hang-ability' in more places in the average house (particularly, if you have to convince your significant other to let you hang it in the first place!).
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,431
    MayDay10 said:
    RP112579 said:
    Saw a nice temper tantrum on Facebook, from a dude who was mad that the Dusseldorf was put in Miscellaneous. His dreams of raffle profit must've been dashed :lol:
    The "pros" are often able to grab one for each of their accounts before the psst even goes up.  Sliding the poster url link into the misc section completely messed up their systems
    This 100 percent.  Why the outburst, they’re used to getting everything with their cheating systems, lose their minds when it’s thrwatted.

Why the site always crashes, mass traffic from all the “technology” watching the poster page.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    “Pros” LOL 😂 
  • Options
    @Santos L. Halper gave me a hint....all of the pro's should keep their eyes on the "misc" and "analog members" sections for the poster drop tomorrow.  
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Yep.
    Agreed. And I'd go so far as to say that the EV posters over the past 3-4 years have even been superior to the Pearl Jam posters over that same time period. Could just be my personal preference or recency bias from this past tour but I feel like the EV solo posters tend to be a bit simpler/aren't as busy as their full band counterparts. As such, they have more 'hang-ability' in more places in the average house (particularly, if you have to convince your significant other to let you hang it in the first place!).
    Yep.  I realized last year that i was morphing into an EV poster collector. 
  • Options
    moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    I don’t like that boat in the bottle one.  The other is awesome, reminds me of old Powell and peralta skateboards
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Usually nothing on Friday's,  but I hope this fun gets finished tomorrow. I have a dentist appointment Monday but I'd love to get into the mayhem tomorrow!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    Redrumh2o said:
    Usually nothing on Friday's,  but I hope this fun gets finished tomorrow. I have a dentist appointment Monday but I'd love to get into the mayhem tomorrow!!
    I hope it finishes up too tomorrow. It's Natal Day here on Monday. 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,693
    Same as that. Bank holiday on monday and I off all next week too
    Kearnsy